Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Utah Jazz Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Reactions From Game 1 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151373)

craiye 10-29-2009 07:09 PM

Reactions From Game 1

Just wondering how everyone felt about last night's game. I can't say I'm too disappointed since we were on the road and weren't really "supposed" to win.

Williams was spectacular. Brewer and Milsap both showed a bit more offensive touch then they have. Fez even looked pretty solid in the first quarter.

I was surprised that we could stick with them through 3 quarters despite the absolutely horrendous play from Boozer.

Do you think the 4th quarter meltdown was more about fatigue (the perimeter guys don't have much help off the bench with Miles, Korver and Harpring all out, Okur was gimpy etc.) or are they still just not their mentally?

Also, where the hell was Koufos? I was shocked to see Fez get all those minutes when Okur went down...

Luigi 10-31-2009 05:15 AM

Re: Reactions From Game 1

We held off their attack in the third well. But the fourth was terrible.

Sloan was excited about Fes in the post game. Had more expression than I've seen in the past, though the did pretty good.

Yeah, Millsap did try out some new offense. I was happy to see him innovating, even if it didn't always work out (a lot of dead end baseline drive and passes).

Xiao Yao You 10-31-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

weren't really "supposed" to win.

Luigi had them winning of course.

Quote:

Brewer and Milsap both showed a bit more offensive touch then they have. Fez even looked pretty solid in the first quarter.

Milsap did score 18+ a game as a starter last year.

Quote:

I was surprised that we could stick with them through 3 quarters despite the absolutely horrendous play from Boozer.

Not to mention the 20 minutes of typical play from Price.

Quote:

(the perimeter guys don't have much help off the bench with Miles, Korver and Harpring all out, Okur was gimpy etc.)

Even healthy it's a weak spot for them.

Quote:

are they still just not their mentally

That's what happens when you go with a bunch of young scrubs instead of vets.

Quote:

where the hell was Koufos? I was shocked to see Fez get all those minutes when Okur went down

You forget who the coach was? He'd probably be in the D League if they were healthy. He got benched behind not only Fessenko and Collins last year but the 6'7" behemoth that Sloan loves so. And that after he did nothing but good things when he played.

Luigi 10-31-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Luigi had them winning of course.

You can't talk until you put up your own game by game predictions, coward.

Xiao Yao You 11-02-2009 03:37 AM

Not picking games makes me a coward? Saying the Knicks might do better than the Jazz makes me a moron? Unlike you I at least have an opinion and stick by it and not go both ways like you. I did pick them just not one by one. My time is limited here. This site is way to slow.

Luigi 11-02-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Not picking games makes me a coward? Saying the Knicks might do better than the Jazz makes me a moron? Unlike you I at least have an opinion and stick by it and not go both ways like you. I did pick them just not one by one. My time is limited here. This site is way to slow.

Not picking games and then taking shots at people who put up their predictions early on makes you a coward. The second question is obvious.

Nobody is buying your slow site excuse either.

Xiao Yao You 11-04-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Not picking games

I did pick them. Just not to your satisfaction apparently.

Quote:

taking shots at people who put up their predictions early on makes you a coward.

Boo Hoo! You want to call people names and have a problem with pot shots. LOL!

Quote:

The second question is obvious.

It is? The Knicks don't have scrubs like Price and Matthews playing key roles for them. Their coach has a clue as does their GM. And last I checked they had the same record only the Knicks win was against a good team not one of the worst.

Quote:

Nobody is buying your slow site excuse either.

You mean you. Nobody else cares. It certainly plays a factor rather you buy it or not.