Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Colts cornerback Marlin Jackson and strong safety Bob Sanders out for season (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152582)

Carbine 11-06-2009 03:51 PM

Bob Sanders is done for the year.

:rant

MK2V1GP 11-06-2009 04:05 PM

Re: Bob Sanders is done for the year.

The Colts need to get a replacement for Sanders in this year's draft. The dude is a great player, but he's NEVER healthy.

InspiredLebowski 11-06-2009 04:08 PM

Awesome, Hagler, Jackson, Sanders, probably Gonzo, Hayden out at least a month. Indy injuries are the definition of frustrating. That's what I'm going to start calling the Colts, the Indy Injuries. Good thing we still have Bullitt kicking ass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
The Colts need to get a replacement for Sanders in this year's draft. The dude is a great player, but he's NEVER healthy.

They've had one since last season, Melvin Bullitt. No one seems to know who he is but he's a badass.

Undisputed 11-06-2009 04:22 PM

Sanders just will not stay healthy. I love him as a player, but he's not reliable at all. So many injuries for the Colts. :ohwell:

It's time for #33 to take over again. Bullitt does look like he has a really bright future.

beasly15 11-06-2009 04:31 PM

yeah, and we lost one of our top receivers for the year too.

MK2V1GP 11-06-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
They've had one since last season, Melvin Bullitt. No one seems to know who he is but he's a badass.

Oh, yeah, he is a bright spot for the future. I guess I wasn't thinking when I said they need to get a replacement. Well if they already have Bullitt, they shouldn't miss Sanders TOO much. I know Sanders is better, but Bullitt is a very good 'backup'

Has Bob Sanders even played one full season? Didn't he even miss a few games during his DPOY season?

knickballer 11-06-2009 06:40 PM

Dude can't stay healthy.. That whole Defense can't really stay healthy. They have alot of $$ tied up to Sanders also.

InspiredLebowski 11-06-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Oh, yeah, he is a bright spot for the future. I guess I wasn't thinking when I said they need to get a replacement. Well if they already have Bullitt, they shouldn't miss Sanders TOO much. I know Sanders is better, but Bullitt is a very good 'backup'

Has Bob Sanders even played one full season? Didn't he even miss a few games during his DPOY season?

His DPOY year he played 15 games, I want to say he sat the final game just because they had nothing to gain and a lot of starters rested for the playoffs, but I'm not positive.

There was debate about who should start between Bob and Bullitt when Sanders came back a couple weeks ago, Bullitt's extremely capable. W/ Bob out all year and all the other secondary injuries they're still 5th in pass yards given up and 1st in TDs. Kelvin Hayden being out a month is what has me worried.

Also, Anthony Gonzalez is out at least another month.

insidehoops 11-07-2009 03:01 PM

Colts cornerback Marlin Jackson and strong safety Bob Sanders out for season

The Baltimore Sun reports:

Jackson, who missed the second half of the 2008 season after injuring his right knee during practice, sustained an anterior cruciate ligament injury to his left knee during a noncontact drill Wednesday. He had been rehabilitating the knee after he was hurt against the Seattle Seahawks on Oct. 4.

Sanders, a two-time Pro Bowl selection, tore his left biceps against the San Francisco 49ers last weekend and will need surgery. He has missed 40 of 87 games during his injury-marred six-year NFL career.

~primetime~ 11-07-2009 03:50 PM

Re: Colts cornerback Marlin Jackson and strong safety Bob Sanders out for season

for some reason it seems like Bob Sanders has been to way more probowls than just 2 to me...

hmm...

sucks...secondary just depleted over night...