Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ot- Saw 3. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15360)

IBLEEDGREEN43 10-28-2006 12:35 AM

Ot- Saw 3.

just got home.. from the movie..

the torture in this movie goes wayyyy too far..

people have to feel the way i do, even if you are a big horror buff...

final.wrath 10-28-2006 12:37 AM

worse than "hostel"?

IBLEEDGREEN43 10-28-2006 12:38 AM

oh god

hell yes.... not even close...

theres one certain scene involving a cutter, pigs.. and a guy strapped down by his neck that will never leave my mind.. ever

bigkingsfan 10-28-2006 12:39 AM

Yea, Hostel only had the eyeball scene memorable. Saw is great if you like torture, I'm kinda used to this genre though, so not that shocking anymore.

Younggrease 10-28-2006 12:39 AM

i dont understand why people go to see movies like this

Qwyjibo 10-28-2006 12:40 AM

I hope it's violent and gory because that's basically all the series has going for it.

It's one of the reasons Saw 2 sucked so much... it was too tame compared to the first one (the piss poor writing and acting didn't help either).

bigkingsfan 10-28-2006 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Younggrease
i dont understand why people go to see movies like this

The same reason people pay to go to see basketball... to be entertain.

IBLEEDGREEN43 10-28-2006 12:41 AM

dood...

its a different gore.. its a torture that is soooo brutal

Targus™ 10-28-2006 12:41 AM

i might go see it, havent been to the movies in a while

Younggrease 10-28-2006 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
The same reason people pay to go to see basketball... to be entertain.

how is that entertaining

bigkingsfan 10-28-2006 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Younggrease
how is that entertaining

How is it not?

Younggrease 10-28-2006 12:45 AM

Quote:

How is it not?

i believe the burden of proof would be on you for this case

final.wrath 10-28-2006 12:47 AM

what is a "cutter". anything that cuts? explain the scene i dont mind the spoiler it'd still be shocking even if people knew about it first.

BlackMoses 10-28-2006 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by final.wrath
what is a "cutter". anything that cuts? explain the scene i dont mind the spoiler it'd still be shocking even if people knew about it first.

yeah, drop some of the bloody details

RidonKs 10-28-2006 01:04 AM

Quote:

Yea, Hostel only had the eyeball scene memorable. Saw is great if you like torture, I'm kinda used to this genre though, so not that shocking anymore.

The eyeball seen does stick out to me, but not as much as one other scene, for whatever reason.

The torturer goes around with a knife and starts slicing different parts of the body of a guy who's tied up in a chair. After he's done, he unties the guy and says you're free to go (or something like that). So the guy in the chair starts to get up onto his feet, but then he just falls to his knees screaming, because the torturer cut the backs of his heels. Then he tries to crawl towards the door using his hands, but the torturer steps on his back or something like that.

Just sticks out like crazy. Btw, I thought that movie was stupid, and I don't see how Saw would be any different. But then again, I'm certainly no horor buff.