Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Memphis Grizzlies Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   F U Mike Conley (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153868)

gasolina 11-18-2009 11:12 AM

F U Mike Conley

Just thinking about the state of our team, and I noticed how much Mike Conley have indirectly derailed this team.

First off, he was picked in 2007, the same year when we had the best changes to nab Oden or Durant or Horford. Gasol and Horford woul'dve been nice. Maybe this was the start of the curse.

In his rookie year, he got injured quite early and he never really got comfortable with the team.

Last year he was battling it out with Kyle Lowry. Under Iavaroni, Conley just sucked balls. He managed to turn it around under Hollings which gave us a glimpse of what he could be. He also started shooting the three.

This year he's back to sucking again, but not so much. During the draft, we get lucky and get #2. Though our choices were either Rubio, Harden or Thabeet, I can't fail to mention that the decision to pass up on Rubio might be because Conley was playing well late last season. We ended up with Thabeet who hasn't done anything worthwhile other than getting his jaw broken by a teammate.

What if we didn't get lucky and got the 5-7 range? Could we have picked Jennings? I doubt because there's Mike Conley.

Jennings, Evans, Flynn, Lawson, maybe even Rubio, were all afterthoughts during the draft because of Mike Conley.

End rant

gasolina 11-23-2009 12:26 PM

Re: F U Mike Conley

Wow things have been awfully quiet here. I dodn't want to post anything because it might jinx our 3 game win streak. The Bucks took care of that, but we should win again tonight against the Kings.

I don't think Tyreke will explode for 50 tonight.

Mike Conley still sucking. He did do a good job on Jennings last game. But he's getting outplayed by Marcus Williams.

brooks_thompson 12-11-2009 01:08 PM

well, tinsley has helped light a little fire under conley; he's been scoring well at least. i hope the game winner against cleveland helps him, because confidence seems to be the biggest contributor to his success.

i'm still unsure whether tinsley should start or not, because he brings experience to the bench, but yeah conley was putrid in the early season.

brooks_thompson 12-11-2009 01:09 PM

and as for the draft, i think it came down to a thabeet/ tyreke evans decision. sadly, i think conley got the benefit of the doubt.

still, thabeet has improved rapidly from game 1 to 20. still don't think he was the right pick, but he is an asset.

Waking_Life 12-20-2009 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasolina
Just thinking about the state of our team, and I noticed how much Mike Conley have indirectly derailed this team.

First off, he was picked in 2007, the same year when we had the best changes to nab Oden or Durant or Horford. Gasol and Horford woul'dve been nice. Maybe this was the start of the curse.

In his rookie year, he got injured quite early and he never really got comfortable with the team.

Last year he was battling it out with Kyle Lowry. Under Iavaroni, Conley just sucked balls. He managed to turn it around under Hollings which gave us a glimpse of what he could be. He also started shooting the three.

This year he's back to sucking again, but not so much. During the draft, we get lucky and get #2. Though our choices were either Rubio, Harden or Thabeet, I can't fail to mention that the decision to pass up on Rubio might be because Conley was playing well late last season. We ended up with Thabeet who hasn't done anything worthwhile other than getting his jaw broken by a teammate.

What if we didn't get lucky and got the 5-7 range? Could we have picked Jennings? I doubt because there's Mike Conley.

Jennings, Evans, Flynn, Lawson, maybe even Rubio, were all afterthoughts during the draft because of Mike Conley.

End rant

holy shiit :oldlol:

jailer 12-22-2009 03:20 AM

Wow calm down. Give a man a chance to get into a groove. H e has been getting better as the year goes on. I too would of liked to of gotten evans or another pg. But we didnt so lets cheer for the ones we have.

gasolina 12-22-2009 09:25 AM

Hehe, I think my rant lit a fire in Conley's ass, as he's been averaging 13.7pts 5asts on 50% on threes in December.

I sure wished he could drive more and use that floater of his, but our lanes have always been so clogged up that it's quite impossible for him to do so.

Props to him for the work done on his shooting.

jailer 12-26-2009 02:50 PM

He just needs to get the ball to the right guys and we will be fine.