Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cleveland Cavaliers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Love JJ Hickson. Glad he's playing more (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154229)

mlh1981 11-21-2009 10:03 PM

Love JJ Hickson. Glad he's playing more

Love the way the kid has played. He is the kind of player we need against the Boston's and Orlando's of the world. An athletic big. Kudos to Mike Brown for throwing him into the mix more (though I felt he should have been doing this all along)

Meticode 11-22-2009 12:00 PM

Re: J.J. Hickson

The last 6 games he's averaging 15.7PPG on 70.3% shooting. And one of those games he had only 6 points, 2-4 from the field.

Undisputed 11-22-2009 05:09 PM

I've always been a Hickson fan. I'm glad he's finally getting his chance to show what he can do. I see JJ being a starting quality forward for years to come.

BigTicket 11-29-2009 07:35 AM

I'm not sold on him, he's athletic and he can score, but he's not a smart player and he's got bad hands. At the most he's a good bench player/weak starter.

Lebron23 12-09-2009 07:11 AM

He is still very inconsistent.

mlh1981 12-12-2009 12:17 PM

It's been a rough stretch for him lately. He's gotta step it up. He does a lot of dumb sh!t out there, but he's still only 21 years old, and should be a junior in college.

Jasper 02-02-2010 11:45 PM

You guys see more Cav's games than I do.

Give me an up date on JJ.

This is my opinion for what little I have seen the Cav's.
Everyone is saying trade this guy , trade this guy on your starting frontline as well as talking about throwing in JJ.

Well I for one believe he compliments Shaq , Z , and Bron on the frontline.

I think he is a sleeper , and will be great as a PF along side Bron.
I like his length , his strength is under rated , and people say he isn't a scorer. Well JJ did pretty dam well in HS as well as playing for the NC tarheels.

thoughts for 2010 ....

mlh1981 03-25-2010 06:38 PM

He has really played well lately. Mike Brown has some tough decisions coming up soon. Love his athleticism, and he has made huge strides since last season.

jbryan1984 03-26-2010 06:42 AM

I think JJ plays better when he starts and plays better with LeBron. Its a mind thing, kinda like how Andy or Ben Gordon plays better off the bench. I wouldn't trade him yet. I would had said yes to the Amar'e possibility only if Amar'e was going to stay longer than this season. JJ is only going to get better I think, he's only 21, a lot of maturing and learning to come.

Lebron23Cavs 04-02-2010 04:07 AM

Will be interesting how jjs minutes will be affected in the playoffs.

King Lebron LBJ 04-07-2010 11:08 AM

JJ continues to impress and he may be a legit player in the post season run which I didn't think he would be at the start of the season.