Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Killing 'em softly ... JAX-son-ville (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155951)

Legend of Josh 12-06-2009 06:36 PM

Killing 'em softly ... JAX-son-ville

The AFC wild-card hunt is getting the utmost interesting, but no one is really talking about the Jaguars. They're solid. I don't see them doing anything major come the post season (if they get in) but I find it rather strange they're just this overlooked.

Steelers lose 4 straight... in those four losses the Chiefs and Raiders. Yet somehow they'll still be talked about winning out and snatching a spot (which just isn't happening).

Baltimore could possibly run the table, but I think the Dolphins are poised to make a late season run to get the last spot, 7th seed going to Denver (who will fold and lose their away game probably against NE).

The Jags can maybe shock and win their away game (probably against the Bolts).

Why is JAX so overlooked?

takeittothehoop 12-06-2009 06:38 PM

Re: Killing 'em softly ... JAX-son-ville

Well, They don't have many fans to go around bragging about how good their team is. They also don't have many big name players..it's only really Mo Jo Drew. Regardless I think they're a decent team, but those reasons is why they get overlooked.

Legend of Josh 12-06-2009 06:42 PM

I just hope they don't send them to LA... not b/c I care about the Jags just b/c the 'LA Jaguars' sounds so... IDK gay?

I'd love to see the Rams go back.

LA Rams = winner. Bring back the bright yellow/blue uniforms too!

Send the Jags to London.

=P

YAWN 12-06-2009 08:11 PM

id love the jags or rams in la, this whole no team bull**** kind of sucks. Now even more that USC looks like a college football team again.

HisJoeness 12-06-2009 11:13 PM

What do they do well? Other than MJD they seem so average. . .so bleh.

~primetime~ 12-06-2009 11:17 PM

I could be wrong but I believe that every single one of thier home games this year has been blacked out...

that team really doesn't have any fans...in fact I don't ever think I have even encountered one in my life...do we have a Jags fan here at ISH?

btw Josh, if they move to LA they can change thier mascot...although I really don't think the LA Jags sounds that bad at all...

Posterize246 12-06-2009 11:52 PM

Probably because all of their wins are against non-playoff teams. As a matter of fact, only 2 of their 12 games came against playoff teams. Lost both.

GOBB 12-07-2009 08:02 AM

Jags havent been impressive this season at all. They should be overlooked.

mlh1981 12-07-2009 11:16 AM

Do they draft Tebow in order to attract interest, ignoring other pressing team needs? He's a local boy, and they need to sell tickets.

It's a hard gig for them, being that they are in the heart of college football country, and have no real identity. They had early success in their franchise, but since that, have kinda just been another face in the crowd. In that region, they have to go above and beyond.