Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   NFL Week 14 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156673)

Posterize246 12-12-2009 05:21 PM

NFL Week 14

Discuss

Brujesino 12-12-2009 06:15 PM

Re: NFL Week 14

this is going to be the raiders first 2 game win streak of the season:banana:

IcanzIIravor 12-12-2009 06:21 PM

Raiders should take a comfortable win over the Skin's to move to 5-8. I take one more giant step from the ledge as hope springs eternal.

mlh1981 12-12-2009 06:30 PM

Hopefully the Bengals can steal a big road win at Minnesota. We pretty much have the division locked up, but the goal now is to get as good of a seed as possible.

I'm banking on our stout run defense slowing AP, and maybe Brett Favre, sooner or later, will start to age.

We have several injuries, but so does Minnesota. They are good, but I don't see any reason why we can't win this game. We always play better when we are the underdog, and people are doubting us. Control the clock, run the ball (and we have run well against good run defenses all year), and hope that Jared Allen doesn't have a big day, so maybe we can try some deep balls down field.

Tarik One 12-12-2009 06:51 PM

Pretty weak schedule. Only 2 games worth paying attention to. vikes/bengals and giants/eagles.

takeittothehoop 12-12-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarik One
Pretty weak schedule. Only 2 games worth paying attention to. vikes/bengals and giants/eagles.

Don't forget Denver/Indy and Cowboys/Chargers. It really is a pretty ****ty week for football though it seems. Last week will be hard to top with all those 4th qtr comebacks.

AirGauge23 12-12-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
Hopefully the Bengals can steal a big road win at Minnesota. We pretty much have the division locked up, but the goal now is to get as good of a seed as possible.

I'm banking on our stout run defense slowing AP, and maybe Brett Favre, sooner or later, will start to age.

We have several injuries, but so does Minnesota. They are good, but I don't see any reason why we can't win this game. We always play better when we are the underdog, and people are doubting us. Control the clock, run the ball (and we have run well against good run defenses all year), and hope that Jared Allen doesn't have a big day, so maybe we can try some deep balls down field.

I hope you guys win, so you don't have a sense of urgency when you come to So Cal and try go all out. Losing to the Bengals at home would be devastating. (no offense)

Blzrfn 12-13-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Raiders should take a comfortable win over the Skin's to move to 5-8. I take one more giant step from the ledge as hope springs eternal.

If you think about it, the Raiders could be 6-7, or maybe even 7-6 if they win tomorrow. They should have beat the Chargers in Week 1 on MNF, and I think that they had chances to beat San Diego in the second game.

UConnCeltics 12-13-2009 08:48 AM

D-Jax and Westbrook should be back for the Eagles today right?

Posterize246 12-13-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
D-Jax and Westbrook should be back for the Eagles today right?

D-Jax yes, Westbrook no

He practiced with a big ass helmet on this week but only with the scout team. He's OUT for this game, and I'm going to say next week also just as a guess.

mlh1981 12-13-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirGauge23
I hope you guys win, so you don't have a sense of urgency when you come to So Cal and try go all out. Losing to the Bengals at home would be devastating. (no offense)

Hey now............are you implying that losing at home would be devastating because it would come at the hands of the BENGALS? :no:

Or, are you just saying a late season home loss, in general, would be devastating?

Should be a big game. Philip Rivers scares me more than just about any quarterback in the NFL.

takeittothehoop 12-13-2009 12:54 PM

I'm here and ready for some football.

If anyone can't find a link for a game they're looking for, just PM me.

InspiredLebowski 12-13-2009 01:05 PM

Didn't take long for the Texans, 46 yarder to Johnson

Undisputed 12-13-2009 01:06 PM

:rant Injury time-out after the very first punt? My goodness. Stretch or something.

Anyone watching Colts Vs. Broncos?

InspiredLebowski 12-13-2009 01:06 PM

I am. Manning into 4th place for all time yardage, passes Warren Moon