Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156986)

~primetime~ 12-15-2009 05:11 PM

MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP?
 
What do you guys think?

Most Valuable Player:

1. Drew Brees
2. Peyton Manning

^^^ I could easily see co-MVPs here...(also one will win OPOY)

(Brees has slightly better stats, but this is so close, if either team loses a game it will change the award I think, also I think it is now safe to assume that Favre has no chance)

Defensive player of the year:

1. Charles Woodson
2. Darren Sharper
3. Darrelle Revis (probablly won't win because of his team, but they still have a chance)

(this is also extremley close and could be given to Sharper because he is being given credit to the Saints defensive turn around, but I think Woodson has been nothing short of amazing and is in reality the better player, but again team record is taken heavy into consideration here, look at Ware last year)

Rookie of the Year:

1. Knowshon Moreno
2. Percy Harvin
3. Hakeem Nicks
4. Mark Sanchez
5. Michael Oher (dude got a movie)

(this seems like a really awful year for offensive rookies for some reason, not much to choose from)

Defensive Rookie of the Year:

1. Brain Cushing
2. Jairus Byrd
3. Brian Orakpo
4. Clay Mathews

^^^ that one should be very interesting, I have not paid much attention to the Byrd man yet, I need to see if he is the real deal...

Comeback Player of the Year:

1. Brett Favre
2. Tom Brady (if just sitting out a year from injury counts as a "comeback")
3. Ricky Williams (deserves some mention)

(moving on)

Coach of the Year:

1. Sean Peyton (best coach in the NFL imo)
2. Brad Childress
3. Marvin Lewis (most underrated coach ever)
4. Jim Caldwell (probably won't win because of Dungy but hey, if you're undeafted then you need to get mentioned)


Super Bowl MVP: (some guesses besides Brees and Manning)

1. Adrain Peterson or Brett Favre
2. Charles Woodson (that would be cool to see)
3. Romo or Miles Austin (I am allowed to dream)
4. DeSean Jackson (if this happens I will slit my throat, lol)


what about you guys?

statman32 12-15-2009 05:35 PM

Re: MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP?
 
I really think Chris Johnson needs to be included in the MVP talk. He needs 160 rushing yards per game in his last 3 to overtake Eric Dickerson for most rushing yards in a season and needs to average 137.3 rush/rec yards in his last 3 games to overtake Marshall Faulk for most yards from scrimmage in a season. His team is now 6-7 and 1 game behind the spot for a wildcard.

knickballer 12-15-2009 05:36 PM

Re: MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP?
 
MVP- Brees
OPOY- Chris Johnson
DPOY- Patrick Willis(absolute Beast)
OROY- Harvin(Crabtree would of won it if he played a full season)
DROY- Byrd or Matthews
COY- Benson(Favre will never win this award)
COY- Caldwell(Rookie HC also)

knickballer 12-15-2009 05:38 PM

Re: MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by statman32
I really think Chris Johnson needs to be included in the MVP talk. He needs 160 rushing yards per game in his last 3 to overtake Eric Dickerson for most rushing yards in a season and needs to average 137.3 rush/rec yards in his last 3 games to overtake Marshall Faulk for most yards from scrimmage in a season. His team is now 6-7 and 1 game behind the spot for a wildcard.



MVP no but OPOY yes. He's no doubt the best RB in the league. He's the 2nd coming of Barry Sanders.

~primetime~ 12-15-2009 05:40 PM

Re: MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by statman32
I really think Chris Johnson needs to be included in the MVP talk. He needs 160 rushing yards per game in his last 3 to overtake Eric Dickerson for most rushing yards in a season and needs to average 137.3 rush/rec yards in his last 3 games to overtake Marshall Faulk for most yards from scrimmage in a season. His team is now 6-7 and 1 game behind the spot for a wildcard.

with 2 teams going for an undeafted season I think that is impossible...

maybe if he breaks theall time record AND they sneak in as a wildcard or something...

It looks like they are pretty much mathmatically out though anyway...

tian820 12-15-2009 05:41 PM

Re: MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by knickballer
MVP- Brees
OPOY- Chris Johnson
DPOY- Patrick Willis(absolute Beast)
OROY- Harvin(Crabtree would of won it if he played a full season)
DROY- Byrd or Matthews
COY- Benson(Favre will never win this award)
COY- Caldwell(Rookie HC also)


Benson can't win comeback player because this is by far his best season and he never had a season close to this to begin with. How can you comeback if you were never there before? I thought of Benson too, but he doesn't fit the definition

~primetime~ 12-15-2009 05:43 PM

Re: MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by knickballer
MVP- Brees
OPOY- Chris Johnson
DPOY- Patrick Willis(absolute Beast)
OROY- Harvin(Crabtree would of won it if he played a full season)
DROY- Byrd or Matthews
COY- Benson(Favre will never win this award)
COY- Caldwell(Rookie HC also)


why are you saying that Favre has no chance at comback player?

what is Benson "coming back" from???...he was never good

MK2V1GP 12-15-2009 06:23 PM

Re: MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP?
 
MVP- Brees/Manning
OPOY- Chris Johnson
DPOY- Patrick Willis or Darren Sharper
OROY- Harvin (easily)
DROY- Matthews
CPOY- Tough one, despite the criticism here about Benson, it wouldnt surprise me to see Benson take it. Maybe Vince Young?
COY- Caldwell

~primetime~ 12-15-2009 06:51 PM

Re: MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP?
 
Even though I think Favre has the comeback player locked up I guess Ricky Williams deserves some mention...

I'll throw him on there...

UConnCeltics 12-15-2009 06:59 PM

Re: MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP?
 
MVP- Chris Johnson
OPOY- Chris Johnson
DPOY- Charles Woodson
OROY- Percy Harvin
DROY- Brian Cushing
CPOY- Carson Palmer
COY- Jim Caldwell

MK2V1GP 12-15-2009 06:59 PM

Re: MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP?
 
Why would Favre be comeback player of the year? What is he coming back from? An awful December last year?

Cedric Benson was basically out of football and hardly playing last season.


I don't understand your stance on this prime. I'm not criticizing you, just asking what your viewpoint on comeback playerof the year is.


UConnCeltics got it right....Carson Palmer, I totally forgot about him.

~primetime~ 12-15-2009 07:07 PM

Re: MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Why would Favre be comeback player of the year? What is he coming back from? An awful December last year?.

yes, or at least that is how I view it...I see it as he fell apart last year, and then came back to shock everyone and show us all he is still Brett Favre...

I suppose though, now that I think about it, that could be seen as an insult to Favre if he thinks that he was good with the Jets...

yeah, maybe that award isn't the run-away that I thought it was...I am not sure how a "comeback" is determined by voters...
Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Cedric Benson was basically out of football and hardly playing last season.


I don't understand your stance on this prime. I'm not criticizing you, just asking what your viewpoint on comeback playerof the year is.


UConnCeltics got it right....Carson Palmer, I totally forgot about him.

he is coming back from an injury...not sure if that even counts but if it does then Brady is clearly doing better than Palmer...

Palmer has an 84.8 passer rating and isn't really doing anything amazing???

:confusedshrug:

MK2V1GP 12-15-2009 07:10 PM

Re: MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~primetime~
yes, or at least that is how I view it...I see it as he fell apart last year, and then came back to shock everyone and show us all he is still Brett Favre...

I suppose though, now that I think about it, that could be seen as an insult to Favre if he thinks that he was good with the Jets...

yeah, maybe that award isn't the run-away that I thought it was...I am not sure how a "comeback" is determined...

he is coming back from an injury...not sure if that even counts but if it does then Brady is clearly doing better than Palmer...

Palmer has an 84.8 passer rating and isn't really doing anything amazing???

:confusedshrug:


I'm pretty sure Comeback player of the year IS mostly about injury or being away from the game, almost moreso than performance the previous year.

Remember last year Chad Pennington won it when he was injured the previous year (on the Jets), and Antonio Bryant came in 2nd last year after not even being in the league two years ago.

~primetime~ 12-15-2009 07:11 PM

Re: MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I'm pretty sure Comeback player of the year IS mostly about injury or being away from the game, almost moreso than performance the previous year.

Remember last year Chad Pennington won it when he was injured the previous year (on the Jets), and Antonio Bryant came in 2nd last year after not even being in the league two years ago.

well if that is the case then I guess Brady should get it...

that seems silly to me though, he was never bad...he just gets handed an award for being injured...

Jailblazers7 12-15-2009 08:03 PM

Re: MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP?
 
Most Valuable Player:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees

Toss up. Could be either but if I had to give it to one Id go Peyton. Hes played a tougher schedule and imo is the better player.

Offensive Player of the Year:

Chris Johnson

If he runs for 2000 yds and doesnt win an award it will be a travesty.

(They should give Brees/Manning Co-MVP and give OPOY to CJ)

Defensive player of the year:

Charles Woodson

No brainer on this one. Sharper has been hurt and Woodson has just been too good not to give it to him. Revis could also be up there but he doesnt have the stats or the record to compete. The way he has locked down the best in the game deserves the award tho.

Rookie of the Year:

Percy Harvin

Dude is a playmaker and has made an incredible impact on their team. He has a TD in almost every game and is easily the most explosive rookie.

Defensive Rookie of the Year:

1. Brain Cushing
2. Jairus Byrd

VERY close. I don't even know who it will be. Ill be interested to see who actually wins it.

Comeback Player of the Year:

Brett Favre

There is no way in hell Brett doesnt win this one after the way everyone has been slobbering all over his nuts all year.

Coach of the Year:

Sean Peyton

He'll only lose if they lost a game and the Colts go undefeated, then I dont see how Caldwell wouldnt win it.

Super Bowl MVP:

1. Adrain Peterson or Brett Favre
2. Charles Woodson or Aaron Rodgers if were going with Packers
3. Reggie Wayne or Dallas Clark
4. DeSean Jackson or Donovan


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy