Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Von Wafer has bad physical, so Grizzlies and Rockets won't sign him (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157731)

ElPigto 12-22-2009 05:29 PM

Von Wafer has bad physical, so Grizzlies and Rockets won't sign him

Quote:

HOUSTON - Free Agent guard Von Wafter told FOX 26 Sports Tuesday he will re-sign with the Houston Rockets.

Wafer, who played for the Rockets last season, had signed to play with the Greek team Olympiakos.

Wafter said he paid roughly $1.2 million to get out of that contract.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spor...kets-von-wafer

Morey gets players at the price he wants to pay. Good job Morey for not giving into his demands in the summer. This a great signing at this price.

itsGameTime 12-22-2009 05:30 PM

Re: Von Wafer re-signs with Rockets

Great signing by the Rockets. They desperately need some scoring off the bench. :applause:

04mzwach 12-22-2009 05:31 PM

Hell yeah! Time to celebrate! Lots of people love this guy! :cheers: :banana:

ElPigto 12-22-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsGameTime
Great signing by the Rockets. They desperately need some scoring off the bench. :applause:

I'm guessing you don't watch the Rockets often.

The Rockets have great options from the bench, this just makes our team that much deeper.

beasted86 12-22-2009 05:33 PM

So how much did they sign him for? A veteran minimum contract for the remainder of the season is less than $1.2M.

I somehow doubt he signed for less money than his buyout. But if that's truly the case Morey = :bowdown:

itsGameTime 12-22-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElPigto
I'm guessing you don't watch the Rockets often.

The Rockets have great options from the bench, this just makes our team that much deeper.

I don't. But from the games I've seen, they do have a difficult time scoring the ball, bench or starting unit. So with Wafer back, that'll add a scoring punch to their team.

ElPigto 12-22-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsGameTime
I don't. But from the games I've seen, they do have a difficult time scoring the ball, bench or starting unit. So with Wafer back, that'll add a scoring punch to their team.

The bench is one of the best in the league. Landry himself averages almost 17 ppg off the bench and Budinger and Lowry combine for like 17 as well, with David Andersen averaging about 6. That's a dam good bench. Our starting unit does struggle though.

ElPigto 12-22-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beasted86
So how much did they sign him for? A veteran minimum contract for the remainder of the season is less than $1.2M.

I somehow doubt he signed for less money than his buyout. But if that's truly the case Morey = :bowdown:

Definitely has to be the minimum since the Rockets don't have any money left from the MLE and they didn't have a BAE this year (they used it on Barry last season).

beasly15 12-22-2009 05:42 PM

this is good news, i just hope he can still play the same way when he was with us.

Quata 12-22-2009 05:49 PM

Hope it doesnt take any minutes away from chase. Id far prefer to have him in the game than Mr Wafer.

beasted86 12-22-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElPigto
Definitely has to be the minimum since the Rockets don't have any money left from the MLE and they didn't have a BAE this year (they used it on Barry last season).

Why don't you think they have money left from the MLE?

The only MLE money they used was David Andersen's contract.

wang4three 12-22-2009 05:54 PM

Does this mean less minutes for Tracy?

ElPigto 12-22-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beasted86
Why don't you think they have money left from the MLE?

The only MLE money they used was David Andersen's contract.

They also used it for Jermaine Taylor's and Chase Budinger contract. Yes you are right though, I had completely forgot we only have Andersen for 2.3M this season adding in Taylor and Budinger 1.5M combined, that's 3.8M of the MLE.

Wow didn't even realize that. Good job looking out.

ElPigto 12-22-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wang4three
Does this mean less minutes for Tracy?

Tracy's minutes were not intended to be increased yet. Adelman has him on the 7-8 minutes per game plan still. He said Chase's injury did not change that plan.

Poodle 12-22-2009 05:59 PM

damn i could had sworn i read he was signing with Memphis this morning. i was surprised that he wasn't already signed to a team already.