Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   WOW nobody talks about the Chargers or Philip Rivers... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158114)

Deadpool 12-26-2009 07:50 AM

WOW nobody talks about the Chargers or Philip Rivers...

This team is going to the superbowl after they defeat Colts in AFC Championship game.

iggy> 12-26-2009 11:11 AM

Re: WOW nobody talks about the Chargers or Philip Rivers...

best team in the nfl right now, records dont matter at this point.

Deadpool 12-26-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iggy>

yessir

GOBB 12-26-2009 11:59 AM

If they arent talkin about Rivers or Chargers then who are they talkin about?

Surely not undefeated teams.

Tarik One 12-26-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

This team is going to the superbowl after they defeat Colts in AFC Championship game.

I got them playing Philly in February. I just hope they don't get caught up in the sudden hype surrounding them as of late. I like them better under the radar.

IcanzIIravor 12-26-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarik One
I got them playing Philly in February. I just hope they don't get caught up in the sudden hype surrounding them as of late. I like them better under the radar.

Don't they tend to choke when they are favorites and are we forgetting who their head coach is?

Jailblazers7 12-26-2009 02:23 PM

I wont be impressed until they put it together in the playoffs. Every year they come flying down the stretch and then mysteriously deflate once playoffs come around. I would like to see LT get a superbowl ring tho.

Mista Kool 12-26-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

The Chargers are 11-3 against the 22nd ranked schedule.
Indy is 14-0 against the 15th ranked schedule.

I can't see any reasonable argument for why the Chargers - a team that's done diddly squat in the playoffs - are better than Indy. Yes they upset them last year in overtime after being given homefield advantage, the key words being last year. It wont happen again, especially not in our house.

YAWN 12-26-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mista Kool

I can't see any reasonable argument for why the Chargers - a team that's done diddly squat in the playoffs - are better than Indy. Yes they upset them last year in overtime after being given homefield advantage, the key words being last year. It wont happen again, especially not in our house.

chargers or pats are knocking you guys out this year, sorry.

steve 12-26-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Don't they tend to choke when they are favorites and are we forgetting who their head coach is?

They do have a winning record in playoffs with Norv Turner as head coach.

iggy> 12-27-2009 12:07 AM

Quote:

colts vs chargers, u know who comes out on top everytime, no matter where the game is played.

Mista Kool 12-27-2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

colts vs chargers, u know who comes out on top everytime, no matter where the game is played.

The Colts have underestimated San Diego through the years, which, when combined with the poor officiating and bizarre rules (an 8-8 team given home field??) have allowed the Chargers to get the better of us more often than not.

That wont happen again. This year's Colts team is on a whole different level, hence the 14-0 record against much better competition than San Diego has faced. With the game being at The Luke, I see Indy winning in a blow out, something around 42-10.

iggy> 12-27-2009 01:13 AM

Quote:

The Colts have underestimated San Diego through the years, which, when combined with the poor officiating and bizarre rules (an 8-8 team given home field??) have allowed the Chargers to get the better of us more often than not.

That wont happen again. This year's Colts team is on a whole different level, hence the 14-0 record against much better competition than San Diego. With the game being at The Luke, I see Indy winning in a blow out, something around 42-10.

poor officiating and bizarre rules? :lol

you=:cry:

Carbine 12-27-2009 01:19 AM

This Charger/Colts thing reminds me a little of the obstacle the Patriots were for us. Then came that game in the playoffs where we came back to beat them and we haven't looked back since when it concerns the Patriots.

I have that same feeling this year. All that stuff about someone having our number.... those streaks do not hold up forever.

Deadpool 12-27-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine
This Charger/Colts thing reminds me a little of the obstacle the Patriots were for us. Then came that game in the playoffs where we came back to beat them and we haven't looked back since when it concerns the Patriots.

I have that same feeling this year. All that stuff about someone having our number.... those streaks do not hold up forever.

Talkin about streaks, I think Colts winning streak will end vs Chargers in AFC finals. I don't think Chargers are the team that choked for the past few years. Let's not forget this team has not been healthy for several seasons. Say what you will about Norv Turner but he knows what he's doing. LT is not the LT we're used to seeing but he has his moment, and after all we still have Sproles. Rivers proved that he is an elite QB in the league. I like Chargers chances this year.