Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Realistic T-Mac Trade idea: ROCKETS / BULLS / KNICKS (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158441)

beasted86 12-29-2009 06:28 PM

Realistic T-Mac Trade idea: ROCKETS / BULLS / KNICKS

This pretty much speaks for itself.

Bulls: They get the scorer they need
Rockets: Get direct cap savings + insurance savings
Knicks: Take a gamble on T-Mac without hurting their cap situation

Undisputed 12-29-2009 06:29 PM

Re: Realistic T-Mac Trade idea: ROCKETS / BULLS / KNICKS

That's a damn good scenario. I like it.

Knicks101 12-29-2009 06:29 PM

The Knicks do not want T-Mac, they want his contract. If we're not getting rid of Jeffries and/or Curry there is no reason to do this.

beasted86 12-29-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knicks101
The Knicks do not want T-Mac, they want his contract. If we're not getting rid of Jeffries and/or Curry there is no reason to do this.

Rockets aren't taking back Curry/Jeffries, and I honestly can't think of any team crazy enough to either.

The Rockets are looking for a starter worthy big to help make the playoff push... Knicks just don't have that.

noob cake 12-29-2009 06:33 PM

I wouldn't mind, but Houston can do better. Someone will offer us some positive talent for TMac.

beasted86 12-29-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noob cake
I wouldn't mind, but Houston can do better. Someone will offer us some positive talent for TMac.

I honestly don't think so. There aren't any more starter worthy Cs that teams are willing to trade.

Bano114 12-29-2009 06:35 PM

Knicks wont trade Harrington for T-Mac with out dumping any contracts.

Donnie Walsh also said he will not trade Cuttino Mobleys contract because the league has already bothered to begin the process so he doesnt want to mess with it.

Knicks101 12-29-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beasted86
Rockets aren't taking back Curry/Jeffries, and I honestly can't think of any team crazy enough to either.

So who cares then? This is just a watered down version of the trade that bagelred made.

ihatetimthomas 12-29-2009 06:38 PM

Doesn't do anything for the Knicks. They would be just doing a favor for the Rockets and Bulls to improve. They don't get any better and their financial situation doesn't improve. Unless they want to go ahead waste their time to help out 2 teams for free, then I don't see why they make the deal.

ElPigto 12-29-2009 06:47 PM

Nothing against your trade, I must say pretty good scenario however, we really need to get all these T-mac trade threads in one. It's ridiculous that everyone believes their trade deserves its own thread.

RoTM 12-29-2009 07:06 PM

This trade would work imo. Bobcats trade Tyson Chandler and flip Murray/Acie Law to Rockets and receive Harrington and Jeffries from Knicks. Knicks send Darko to Rockets and receive T-Mac.

Knicks move Jeffries and get T-Mac. Rockets get a center who they can start this year and either back up Yao next year or flip for good talent as an expirer in 2010-11. Bobcats get a good true forward in Harrington. They take on no extra salary from Jeffries who is serviceable as a defender and they don't screw up their 2010-11 cap purge.

doinitbig06 12-29-2009 07:42 PM

BLOCK by mO EVANS!!

bagelred 12-29-2009 08:08 PM

Would people stop trying to steal variations of my ideas?

The original idea in the sticky is the best one. :rockon:

Knicks laugh at this proposal. Literally.....D'Antoni, Walsh, and Dolan would get together just to laugh at this.