Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Washington Wizards Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   What do Wizards fans think they can get for Gilbert? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158508)

DoubleTech 12-30-2009 01:44 PM

What do Wizards fans think they can get for Gilbert?

Looks like your ownership is open to the idea of moving Gilbert.

If the ESPN reports are true, they tried to get a large expiring contract for him recently.

What do you guys think you could get for him considering the current level of his play, the size of his contract and his injury history.

The Big Skinny 12-30-2009 04:14 PM

Re: What do Wizards fans think they can get for Gilbert?

Anything at this point to dump his ridiculous contract. The problem with this team is that most of the starter demand the ball. Arenas,Butler,Jamison need the ball to have the opportunity to be efficient/helpful. I would like to see the team either trade for younger talent/get draft picks and/or dump the contracts. Gilbert just doesn't fit Flip Saunders offense. He definitely is nowhere near the player he was before his knee injuries.

Lancerballer21 12-30-2009 06:02 PM

I agree with big skinny. I think we should trade him for draft picks or a young point guard. I mean look at New Jersey, they traded an aging Jason Kidd and got Devin Harris. I think we could do something like that.

rapsfan3 01-01-2010 03:49 PM

Can't there be some sort of legal action filed against Gilbert Arenas? I mean he completely HUSTLED your management and your city. He got this HUGE contract while he was still injured, and I think he lied and made it seem like he was ready to go the following year, and after he signed the contract he had yet another surgery.

Whatever, you guys were stupid as **** for resigning him to that much money.

AND PEOPLE thought he was generous for not taking 130 mil and instead taking 116 so the team could build all around him for a RING! LMAO

Lancerballer21 01-01-2010 08:46 PM

Now who is gonna want him. Criminal charges against him with those stupid gun charges. What a fing idiot. Why the hell would you bring guns to your locker. How Stupid can you be.

Agent_Zero 01-02-2010 09:04 PM

no one will take gil unless they have an indescribable fetish for chucking/gun toting ballers. however, this doesn't change the fact that if his contract does indeed become void, they will have no other choice but to release him.

this guy used to be my favorite player...he was coldblooded, ruthless...can't believe this :violin:

ZeN 01-18-2010 07:28 AM

has anything been revealed about the possible voiding of his contract?