Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   who wants rashard lewis? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15990)

RainierBeachPoet 11-01-2006 08:12 PM

who wants rashard lewis?

this just in:

"Rashard Lewis has been in contract limbo for months, anticipating the day when principal owner Clay Bennett assumed control of the Sonics and the two sides could begin discussions on a two-year, $25 million extension. However, a few hours after the $350 million sale between the Bennett-led Professional Basketball Club and the outgoing ownership group was finalized, (Rashard) Lewis withdrew his demand for an extension, according to his agent, Kevin Poston. The 27-year-old forward has the option of voiding the final two years of his deal after the 2006-07 season and becoming an unrestricted free agent."

--Seattle Times

if rashard did become a unrestricted free agent, would you want him on your team? where would he go?

LakersRuleTheNBA 11-01-2006 08:13 PM

I would love to see Lewis on the Lakers sqaud, running the triangle. That would be a perfect match. It probably won't happen, but would be cool if it did.

lakers-city 11-01-2006 08:14 PM

it depends on how much he asks, he is young, he is a good scorer and average defender who can knock the 3 pt really well, i owuldnt mind having him, if he were to accept to play for free of course, we have zero money left.

A Roc 23 11-01-2006 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakersRuleTheNBA
I would love to see Lewis on the Lakers sqaud, running the triangle. That would be a perfect match. It probably won't happen, but would be cool if it did.

:roll:

lakers-city 11-01-2006 08:16 PM

whats so funny ? he is only saying what he would like to happen and he admited that probably wont happen, just keep crying over the kobe-less lakers spanking your butts last night :applause:

rezznor 11-01-2006 08:17 PM

hopefully he still wants to play for houston. ill cross my fingers for a hometown discount.

A Roc 23 11-01-2006 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakers-city
whats so funny ? he is only saying what he would like to happen and he admited that probably wont happen, just keep crying over the kobe-less lakers spanking your butts last night :applause:

Why would I care about 1 regular season game? :confusedshrug:

I had 20 games of playoffs to watch the Suns last year. They even had 1 of the only 3-1 combacks in the history of the NBA, it was thrilling.

Seņor Cedric 11-01-2006 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rezznor
hopefully he still wants to play for houston. ill cross my fingers for a hometown discount.

CT: Yao
PF: Battier
SF: Lewis
SG: Wells
PG: McGrady

:pimp:

LakersRuleTheNBA 11-01-2006 08:19 PM

This A Roc guy is a tool. What an a$s h#e!

A Roc 23 11-01-2006 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric

:cheers:

eliteballer 11-01-2006 08:23 PM

Are the Sonics willing to give him the two year $25 million extension? Why would he turn that down? A longer deal for more security? He's sure as hell not going to get 12 million per though.

Zombles 11-01-2006 08:24 PM

Quote:

that team is built like crap

They're weak defensively at 3 positions, and two guys are going to be less effective on offense than they would be playing their natural position.

rezznor 11-01-2006 08:24 PM

Quote:

that would be a sweet lineup, but no way would we be able to keep both wells and rashard, unless 1 or both are willing to take a discount. who knows, maybe wells will love houston so much that he doesnt decide to opt out, but thats as likely to happen as shogon losing his virginity.

Seņor Cedric 11-01-2006 08:28 PM

Quote:

I am a tool. What an ass I am! I have the mentality of a 7 year old.

You said it buddy

KnickFan4Life 11-01-2006 08:35 PM

Quote:

I am a tool. What an ass I am! I have the mentality of a 7 year old.

Obviously