Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Washington Wizards Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160323)

niko 01-15-2010 03:24 PM

Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected
 
Just heard (WFAN - NY) that Gilbert Arenas has pleaded guilty as part of a plea bargain and that some jail time is expected. I have no other info.

bagelred 01-15-2010 03:25 PM

Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected
 
Whew....I mean, I feel safer at night now. What a relief......

Mr Clutch Melo 01-15-2010 03:25 PM

Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected
 
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...ilable_ground/

InspiredLebowski 01-15-2010 03:26 PM

Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected
 
If they're able to void his deal, is the fire sale still on?

Vman23 01-15-2010 03:26 PM

Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected
 
Finally, let's get this hardened criminal behind bars!

niko 01-15-2010 03:31 PM

Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected
 
So you would all rather have no gun laws or what? You either need laws with punishments that deter carrying illegal guns, or you don't. You can't have laws, but if you like the guy personally and think he's nice you don't punish him.

He pleaded guilty - he WAS guilty. He's not going to get more than a nominal jail time, so if you have a problem with this you basically don't want any gun laws. Am i wrong?

Real Men Wear Green 01-15-2010 03:50 PM

Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected
 
It says a lot about a guy in an unfortunate way when the smartest thing he's done in years is "plead guilty." I do agree with the sentiment that he shouldn't have to go to jail, but as mentioned, the law has to apply to everyone. He's just going to jail for being stupid. A sad, sorry state of affairs.

A.M.G. 01-15-2010 03:54 PM

Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
So you would all rather have no gun laws or what? You either need laws with punishments that deter carrying illegal guns, or you don't. You can't have laws, but if you like the guy personally and think he's nice you don't punish him.

He pleaded guilty - he WAS guilty. He's not going to get more than a nominal jail time, so if you have a problem with this you basically don't want any gun laws. Am i wrong?

What are you talking about? It's not because we're opposed to gun laws, or because any of us like Gilbert personally. It's because he's a rich and famous professional athlete.

Are you seriously suggesting that celebrities should be subject to the same laws and punishments as regular folk? Because it's not happening. If Tom Selleck walked into your house right now, killed you and your entire family, waited until the police arrived, and confessed to the murders, he would probably get aquitted, or maybe get like 6 months in jail and 20 hours of community service. Think about it and tell me I'm wrong.

brantonli 01-15-2010 03:54 PM

Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected
 
Probably the only upside is that he's definitely getting in time to make the Statewide Prison All-stars.

niko 01-15-2010 03:56 PM

Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by A.M.G.
What are you talking about? It's not because we're opposed to gun laws, or because any of us like Gilbert personally. It's because he's a rich and famous professional athlete.

Are you seriously suggesting that celebrities should be subject to the same laws and punishments as regular folk? Because it's not happening. If Tom Selleck walked into your house right now, killed you and your entire family, waited until the police arrived, and confessed to the murders, he would probably still get aquitted or get like 6 months in jail and 20 hours of community service. Think about it and tell me I'm wrong.


I would like the laws to be the same, yes. im aware they aren't but i definitely would like it. As a puerto rican who would automatcially be sent to rikers till i died if they found me with a gun, the fact celebrities get off is annoying but what can you do.

i really dont want gilbert to lose everything - i kind of hope he doesnt get his contract voided even though basketball wise that would be more interesting. But i cant feel bad he might go to jail for a few months for what a normal person would do years. i just cant...

Long Duck Dong 01-15-2010 04:00 PM

Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected
 
So Crit is getting off scott free?

Has the mug shot been posted yet?

niko 01-15-2010 04:08 PM

Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected
 
6 Months with some of it possibly being house arrest.

bagelred 01-15-2010 04:13 PM

Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
6 Months with some of it possibly being house arrest.


Party at Gil's house!!!!!!!:rockon: :rockon:



:pimp:

Poodle 01-15-2010 04:20 PM

Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
So Crit is getting off scott free?

Has the mug shot been posted yet?



they raided his house for the gun but didn't find it so it looks like the cops aren't going to be able to do anything without the evidence. he'll probably get disciplined by the NBA especially if that whole story about him cocking the gun in the locker room is validated by all of the witnesses. thats grounds to ban him from the nba i figure.

InspiredLebowski 01-15-2010 04:23 PM

Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected
 
So is it true Gilbert has hundreds of guns?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy