Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Washington Redskins Official Offseason Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161877)

Jackass18 01-28-2010 01:24 AM

Washington Redskins Official Offseason Thread

Well, since many other teams have one:

Yes, a very disappointing season filled with injuries, but it became clear to all that Jim Zorn wasn't the right hire at the time. In comes the new blood:

The rest of the staff: http://dcsporttalk.wordpress.com/201...ching-updates/

Now, a look at the offense:

QB: Will Shanny give Jason Campbell a try? Will he draft a QB (Sam Bradford) at #4 and keep Campbell for a year or throw the draft pick to the wolves? Or, take an OL with the 4th pick and try to draft a QB like Tebow, Pike, or LeFevour later on?

RB: More question marks here. How will Portis bounce back? I don't think our back ups did that badly after Betts also went down considering the line they ran behind, but I don't think any of them are capable enough. Mike Sellers dropped off quite a bit last season.

WR: Moss and ARE isn't a very good 1-2 punch, but the young WRs improved and showed promise last season. It might be good to pick up somebody from free agency to add to the mix.

TE: Cooley's injury sucked, but we found out that Fred Davis is also a pretty damn good TE, as well.

OL: Well, this is depressing, so I'll just skip it.

A look at the defense:

Alright, I'm going to keep it short since I'm not really concerned with it. With Haslett at the helm, there's a possibility of a switch to a 3-4. I heard that Haynesworth isn't a fan of it, but Fletcher doesn't mind: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...e-if-reds.html

Dasher 01-28-2010 02:11 AM

Re: Washington Redskins Official Offseason Thread

I think a 4-3 is the way to go. I would also put Brian Orakpo's hand back in the dirt, and line him up right next to Albert. It would get ugly for opposing QBs.

GOBB 01-28-2010 02:34 PM

That would be dumb to switch to the 3-4. But Wash uses Orakpo at OLB so stupidity isnt shocking there.

Jackass18 01-28-2010 05:51 PM

I'd like to keep the 4-3, but I'm open to a switch to the 3-4. I think we're headed towards the 3-4 (they also hired Lou Spanos from the Steelers to coach the LBs). Haynesworth will probably complain quite a bit about it...

tsforthrees 01-28-2010 05:59 PM

kyle shanahan's legs look strangely thin to me.

also, having orakpo and haynesworth next to each other along the line with andre carter would be sick. that's pressure every time even when rushing four.

craigthomasb 01-28-2010 06:15 PM

they hired keenan mccardenall as a coach, he could probably still start on this team

1~Gibson~1 01-28-2010 07:01 PM

i was wondering why the Redskins didnt have one while every other team did :lol

Go Redskins! :rockon:

Jackass18 01-30-2010 08:47 AM

From this: http://www.turnersportsdesk.com/2010...r-tidbits.aspx

- It appears that Campbell will be returning next season
- They're looking to draft a QB within the first 2 rounds (meaning they're not set on drafting a QB at #4)
- If the Vikes fail to get McNabb, then they could go after Campbell
- Vick is most likely to land in St. Louis

GOBB 01-30-2010 12:58 PM

Vick/S.Jackson? Scary :bowdown:

Skywalker 01-30-2010 01:24 PM

Jason Campbell is no better than Tarvaris Jackson.

Jackass18 01-30-2010 07:27 PM

No, he's better, he's just been saddled with having to learn a new system pretty much every year. He put up some pretty decent stats this year despite not having much of a line nor any big threats.

Dasher 01-30-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackass18
No, he's better, he's just been saddled with having to learn a new system pretty much every year. He put up some pretty decent stats this year despite not having much of a line nor any big threats.

The further the season gets into the rearview mirror, the more the front office and fans will realize that Jason Campbell is really not really the problem with the offense.

Do you have a running back, free agent or draft pick in mind? I think the Skins need some youth in their backfield.

Also with Cooley and Fred Davis being more than capable TEs, are you interested in seeing more double TE sets from the Shanahans?

Lancerballer21 01-30-2010 10:37 PM

I know this is not gonna happen but how sick would it be if the skins picked up Suh. That would be the best front line in all of football. No but i think the skins should pick up that offensive tackle from OK State. I cant remember his name right now but he is a beast.

Jackass18 01-31-2010 02:12 AM

The only RB rumors I've heard are about taking someone in the draft. I've heard about Antonio Bryant leaving the Bucs and coming here, though.

I don't see a point in thinking about Suh since there's no way he'll drop to #4. I think the Skins should take Okung, too.

The Big Skinny 01-31-2010 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
Jason Campbell is no better than Tarvaris Jackson.

You are a clown.