Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Banks to Lakers! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1622)

hotsizzle 06-16-2006 03:19 PM

Banks to Lakers!
 
http://www.startribune.com/507/story/496470.html

Quote:

The word is that Wolves free agent point guard Marcus Banks is headed for the Los Angeles Lakers. Two years ago, the Boston Celtics and the Lakers made a trade that had Banks going to the Lakers and Gary Payton moving to the Celtics. But Payton failed a physical and the deal was called off. The Lakers have been trying to land Banks ever since, and that is where he is likely to be when the 2006-2007 season starts.

so does this put an end to the roy talk too

fatboy11 06-16-2006 03:37 PM

No.

It is nearly impossible to claim that a free agent is going to sign a certain team this early.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-16-2006 03:38 PM

re:
 
good luck sharing a backcourt BJ Armstrong... err... Marcus Banks

Take Your Lumps 06-16-2006 03:40 PM

.
 
FINALS APPEARANCE FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111:bowdown: :rockon:

JohnnySic 06-16-2006 03:41 PM

Banks is good.

saKf 06-16-2006 03:54 PM

He's better than Smush Parker.

That should be one of the things under usernames.

"I brick layups"
"I miss dunks, then fall"
"Hits some open shots"
"Athletic playground baller"
"Better than Smush Parker"
"Got some game"
"I slap board on layups"

mayorhoiberg 06-16-2006 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saKf
He's better than Smush Parker.

That should be one of the things under usernames.

"I brick layups"
"I miss dunks, then fall"
"Hits some open shots"
"Athletic playground baller"
"Better than Smush Parker"
"Got some game"
"I slap board on layups"


:roll: :roll:

He is better than Parker, but if the Wolves can pick up someone like Brevin Knight, I wouldn't mind losing Banks.

GOBB 06-16-2006 03:57 PM

Roy talks? L.A has nothing to offer to land Roy. Stop listening to idiots!


sakf posted my thoughts on banks. good job!

jan803 06-16-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saKf
He's better than Smush Parker.

That should be one of the things under usernames.

"I brick layups"
"I miss dunks, then fall"
"Hits some open shots"
"Athletic playground baller"
"Better than Smush Parker"
"Got some game"
"I slap board on layups"


that's cold...pretty funny too!

do it ish! do it!

KobeLookLike2Pac 06-16-2006 04:01 PM

What all the noise for? Banks is a weak mutha****a.

TheGreatNumber8 06-16-2006 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
Roy talks? L.A has nothing to offer to land Roy. Stop listening to idiots!


sakf posted my thoughts on banks. good job!


Gobb,Odom is nothing? You keep showing your ignorance at every trade rumour that involves the lakers by saying "Lakers have nothing to offer". Go on,give me a bad rep point for calling you out.

saKf 06-16-2006 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatNumber8
Gobb,Odom is nothing? You keep showing your ignorance at every trade rumour that involves the lakers by saying "Lakers have nothing to offer". Go on,give me a bad rep point for calling you out.

Trading Odom for a chance at Roy isn't a good idea for either team.

Chicago needs a real post presence. Odom isn't it. The Bulls need a guy who consistently scores and defends inside.

The trade thins the Laker frontcourt so that they're relying constantly on Brown and Mihm, all for a guy who plays the same position as Bryant? Don't give me that "Roy can be the point in the triangle offense" crap. Trading for a player for the purpose of playing him out of position is an awful idea.

TheGreatNumber8 06-16-2006 04:23 PM

Seriously you gotta be joking? A SG can play in the triangle. Phil likes bigger guards and most point guards in laker history were big and were usually PG. Smush Parker is suppose to be a SG,the pg of the triangle doesnt even need to bring the ball up. Educate yourself.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-16-2006 04:25 PM

re:
 
stop deluding yourself.


the Lakers do not run the triangle exclusively. they use the Kobe offense exclusively. they bring up Triangle sets at times.

saKf 06-16-2006 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatNumber8
Seriously you gotta be joking? A SG can play in the triangle. Phil likes bigger guards and most point guards in laker history were big and were usually PG. Smush Parker is suppose to be a SG,the pg of the triangle doesnt even need to bring the ball up. Educate yourself.

You're using SMUSH PARKER as an example of a non-PG being successful in the triangle offense? You've got to be kidding. Parker was just the best available scrub free agent to fill the role. Giving up Odom for a player who isn't made to play in that role just isn't worth it. The Lakers would be much better off keeping Odom and signing a real point. Parker shouldn't get more than 15 minutes on most any team.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy