Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   safe to say..... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1632)

ThaKid 06-16-2006 05:07 PM

safe to say.....

is it safe to say that it will be a dissappointment if raps dont make playoffs next year because of all the good things that should happen for them this off season???

i seen hippos 06-16-2006 05:09 PM

i will be disappointed.

DoubleTech 06-16-2006 05:25 PM

nah, we're not as good as we think we are just yet.

i wouldn't be suprised if we got close to the 8th seed, but fell short at the end. a .500 team this season should be our goal... and if you think that's shooting low, remember we only won 27 games last season... so that'd be an improvement of 14 wins, which would be quite a feat.

i think this season we'll fall short, but it will make our youth hungrier when they realize how close they are.

BUT, after this upcoming season, i expect to make the playoffs with high seeds for the next 8 years. :D

brwnman 06-16-2006 05:30 PM

yes...

Chamberlain 06-16-2006 05:38 PM

Yeah I don't think the Raps make the playoffs this year unless they get lucky (injuries to other teams, horrible seasons by other teams, etc) but the year after and for a few years to come they should progressively get better. I will be disapointed if they don't make the playoffs this year because I think they will be close and I'll be pushing for it to happen, but I'm getting prepared for disapointment.

AKADS 06-16-2006 06:13 PM

I would be disapointed if they don't compete for the playoffs but I don't think they will make them.

Look at the East still
Detriot - Still goin to win 50 games
Miami - Defending east Champs - 50 - 55 wins
NJ - Still a top tier East team
Cleveland - My team so i won't say anything
Washington - Very solid playoff team
Chicago - I think they could win the East.
Orlando - I think they are a 5 - 7 seed team
Milwakee - Trying to trade to ger better
Philly - Never count out a AI team
Pacers - If they keep ONeal and they are a great Defencive team
Charlotte - Young and with a Roy or Morrison just as good as T.O.
Boston - Paul Pierce will keep them competitive
Knicks - (Insert Joke here)
Atlanta - Should be intresting to see if they can get better

If the Raptors do make the playoffs it is only because of there weak weak division.

Dr.Funk 06-16-2006 07:18 PM

I'll be disappointed if we are not in the top 10 in the east next season.

Contending for the 8th spot is where we should be.

SirPresident 06-17-2006 01:24 AM

I will be very disappointed, however i will not be that suprised.

Zalendar 06-17-2006 10:02 AM

I would be a little disappointed if the Raps weren't contending for the playoffs this year. I would not be surprised. They are after all still a very young team.

Though, I do really expect them to be in the playoffs next year.