Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why aren't the Celtics looking to get STAT? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164009)

RichSmoove 02-15-2010 02:00 PM

Why aren't the Celtics looking to get STAT?

Maybe I been in a cave, i dunno.

But to me it seems reasonable. KG is hurt and Sheed aint doing squat.

So why not do a straight up Ray Allen for STAT exchange.

And trade Sheed or Uno Uno for a backup PG.

JohnnySic 02-15-2010 02:04 PM

Re: Why aren't the Celtics looking to get STAT?

I believe the Suns want a good player in exchange; they're not swapping expirer for expirer.

Kellogs4toniee 02-15-2010 02:05 PM

I don't know. Maybe inside sources are saying that STAT would be a bad fit within the Celtics culture and system. That's the only real thing I can think of because Sheed is really not making an impact and KG seems like he's always playing 70-80% at full capacity.

RichSmoove 02-15-2010 02:05 PM

Then explain to me what they gonna do with Big Z and Hickson

If anything, they are gonna slow the suns down a whole lot. I mean Hickson might not, but hes not gonna make the team any better

BlackWhiteGreen 02-15-2010 02:07 PM

I can't see us wanting to start Tony Allen or Marquis, if we trade Ray we're getting a starting-calibre SG or SF in return.

lilgodfather1 02-15-2010 02:32 PM

Because the eltics already have a glut of PFs on their team. KG, Sheed, Big Baby Gravy Davis. That is three starting caliber PFs on one team, they do not need a fourth.

RichSmoove 02-15-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
Because the eltics already have a glut of PFs on their team. KG, Sheed, Big Baby Gravy Davis. That is three starting caliber PFs on one team, they do not need a fourth.

Amare plays the 4 and the 5. Like I said, trade Sheed or Uno Uno aka Big Baby, for a small

mamba24 02-15-2010 03:10 PM

The celtics are gonna keep KG till he dies and the cavs want chemistry issues...i say why not.

MK2V1GP 02-15-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnySic
I believe the Suns want a good player in exchange; they're not swapping expirer for expirer.

"good" player lol. Why is there talks about JJ Hickson then? He's not a "good" player. He's a role player who can dunk.

Ray Allen (and his contract) >>>>> Hickson/Big Z

ihatetimthomas 02-15-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP

Ray Allen (and his contract) >>>>> Hickson/Big Z

Not really. Ray is most likely gone either way at years end. Then they will have nothing at all to show for Amare. I will agree Hickson is not great player and has a lot to prove. BUt at least there is potential there and he will be there more than just the rest of the year.

For this year, Ray is better than those 2. But you cant always look at the short term. Especially when you are dealing an all-star in Amare

GiveItToBurrito 02-15-2010 03:38 PM

1. No young players who they can give up to sweeten the deal.
2. No high draft picks.
3. Not enough minutes for him, since they've got KG, Rasheed, and Perkins.

Real Men Wear Green 02-15-2010 03:50 PM

If the Cs got STAT they could just glue Sheed to the bench, PT problem solved. Plus (unfortunately) it would do KG some good to play less. IMO Ainge probably just can't put together a package that PHX would want. As perimeter as the Suns are they probably wouldn't want Ray Allen, Paul Pierce is the sacred cow, and KG in spite of his knee injury is practically "sacred cow" himself. STAT has 5-8 more years of All-NBA-caliber PF in him, let's not get it confused, he has very high value. Ray Allen and a high pick would make some sunse for the Suns, but a 30-game Ray Allen rental with nothing else would be pointless.

Of course, Ainge normally strikes when you're expecting nothing to happen, so who knows? The unpredictable nature of it all is why I'm almost never interested in rumors.

JohnnySic 02-15-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

"good" player lol. Why is there talks about JJ Hickson then? He's not a "good" player. He's a role player who can dunk.
Believe it or not, Hickson is in demand. The Cavs rejected the Jamison deal because they didn't want to part with him.

LA_Showtime 02-15-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Believe it or not, Hickson is in demand. The Cavs rejected the Jamison deal because they didn't want to part with him.

Then the Cavaliers are stupid.

InspiredLebowski 02-15-2010 05:32 PM

I can't figure out why the Knicks aren't jumping in the fray.