Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ncaa tourney prospect matchups (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167529)

el gringos 03-17-2010 04:32 PM

ncaa tourney prospect matchups

What are some of the individual player matchups possible that you are most interested to see?

------

Robert sacre vs alibi- gonzaga/florida st, matchup of 2 7 footers in a weak c draft- we know about cousins and aldrich, this might be to determine c #3? Sacre will start showing up on more lists than just mine by the end of that game
-----
I would love tó see elias harris against w johnson in rd 2- not sure if they'd match up much w harris usually covering pf's and cuse playing the zone, but would still be nice to see them on the same court

------
Any good matchups you are looking to?

el gringos 03-18-2010 12:14 AM

Re: ncaa tourney prospect matchups

J wall vs avery bradley in rd 2 might be the best individual matchup to watch- best gaurd matchup (for nba draft purposes) in the tourney since westbrook and rose

el gringos 03-19-2010 09:37 PM

Sacre/alibi was a great chance to see 2 7 footers go at it- sacre is the better player but alibi looked better than I thought- I think both should be considered somewhere between late lottery and late 20's

-----
Gonzaga has to stop playing 4 on 5 and just take demetri goodsen out of the game- he has hurt the team all year, and esp against syracuse playing goodson could end gonzagas season - (I have never seen a "less valuble player" than goodsen)

Da KO King 03-20-2010 11:01 AM

I was really hoping that Oklahoma State would take care of business because I was dying to see James Anderson of OK State face Evan Turner of Ohio State.

el gringos 03-20-2010 04:01 PM

Really wanted to see wall vs avery bradley- but will be happy to see fariq-aminu and the rest of the wake forest bigs against kentucky and patterson/cousins
----------
Still think a bradley goes in the second half of the lottery, and I think aminu is a much better nba prospect than patterson

UConnCeltics 03-21-2010 08:44 AM

I don't think Bradley is a lottery pick, but nothing is stopping him from being a mid first rounder. I think he could be a nice Marcus Thornton or Ben Gordon type guard off the bench who is instant offense.

Posterize246 03-21-2010 12:24 PM

DeSean Butler and Pondexter? Or Udoh vs. Samhan? Not sure if either of those will be matched up vs. eachother.

el gringos 03-21-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246
DeSean Butler and Pondexter? Or Udoh vs. Samhan? Not sure if either of those will be matched up vs. eachother.

-----
those are good- I've wondered for years if samhan could be an nba player- I'm hoping he becomes a 1st rd pick but doubt it
-----
Wesley johnson is good- I'm starting to think he might be the top wing player or close- he's also bigger than I thought- he's moving up - elias harris stays up there, but johnson moves ahead of him in
-----
I still think johnsons ceiling is higher in nba as a sg - he would be a better pick for the jazz than turner if they don't get motiejunas