Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Streetball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Candy before games (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169003)

SourPatchKids 04-01-2010 02:44 AM

Candy before games

We all know that Lamar Odom loves to eat candy before games. Have you guys tried this before? Hey on Saturday i just might bring a bag of Sour Patch Kids to my game.

Lancerballer21 04-01-2010 10:15 PM

Re: Candy before games

Quote:

Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
We all know that Lamar Odom loves to eat candy before games. Have you guys tried this before? Hey on Saturday i just might bring a bag of Sour Patch Kids to my game.

I don't know about u but for me i cant eat anything within like 1.5 hours of any game/practice or anything or i feel like barfing everywhere. U have to remember that NBA players are in better shae than most people will ever come close to in their lives, so there metabolisms can probably deal with eating something like that before a game. Just cause they can do it doesnt mean u can.

I wouldn't suggest it but if ur gonna try it i would suggest trying it at a practice first that way u dont cost ur team a game or anything if it doesnt work.

Permodius 04-02-2010 07:41 PM

I try it, and it works. It improves my game by approximately 105%.

Spec5ial5k5 04-02-2010 10:49 PM

lol just cause lamar odom does it doesnt mean u should do it i feel like crap when i eat anything sugary before games

ABPrints 04-08-2010 12:22 AM

I can't wait until some NBA star says he wears his socks inside out and see how many start doing it. But seriously, eat what you are used to eating pregame, not because Odom does it. Yes, if you are used to McDonalds, IMO, it is ok to eat that. Not that it is the best choice, but not need to upset ones stomach with "clean" food if they are used to fatty food. This goes for anything, not just fast food or healthy food, or spaghetti, whatever.

HylianNightmare 04-08-2010 10:36 AM

one hershey bar before a few hours of ball does it for me

Swaggin916 04-08-2010 07:26 PM

Bananas are the way to go pregame... and postgame quite frankly. I just blend mine into a protein shake.

jbot 04-16-2010 10:12 PM

candy will make u crash after a while. bad idea.

i also wouldn't do anything that lamar odum does w/o some research. he has been known to do some really dumb shit*.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXOPFdmhU2E

dab0yech0 04-16-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancerballer21
I don't know about u but for me i cant eat anything within like 1.5 hours of any game/practice or anything or i feel like barfing everywhere. U have to remember that NBA players are in better shae than most people will ever come close to in their lives, so there metabolisms can probably deal with eating something like that before a game. Just cause they can do it doesnt mean u can.

I wouldn't suggest it but if ur gonna try it i would suggest trying it at a practice first that way u dont cost ur team a game or anything if it doesnt work.

You must have a really slow metabolism or mine just goes way quick but then again I lift weights 3x a week and hoop 3x a week with one day of rest a week so that might be why.

But back to the original question, a bit of sugar and carbs do help so why dont you just drink Gatorade or a sports drink instead? Tastes just like candy anyways.

Splitz77 04-17-2010 02:07 AM

I drink a soda every now and then before games and it doesnt do anything to me, Im in pretty great shape though. It's not even basketball season for me anymore, but i still drink a soda here and their before a track meet, and I still do pretty damn amazing. So, I dont know. I here its not a great idea, but it doesnt, or hasnt affected me yet..

Lancerballer21 04-17-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dab0yech0
You must have a really slow metabolism or mine just goes way quick but then again I lift weights 3x a week and hoop 3x a week with one day of rest a week so that might be why.

But back to the original question, a bit of sugar and carbs do help so why dont you just drink Gatorade or a sports drink instead? Tastes just like candy anyways.

Idk, i have a pretty fast metabolism and i can have small snacks like a granola bar or a small banana but thats it

Swaggin916 04-23-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CON562
i chew gum during pick up games..idk why but if i dont have a piece of gum i feel weird.

One of these days you are going to choke on that gum man...

Rake2204 05-06-2010 10:12 AM

Just noticed the original poster of the thread on candy before basketball is named SourPatchKids. Nicely done.

I'll often have a handful of Swedish Fish before playing, but it doesn't seem to affect me one way or the other. They just taste good.