Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Streetball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I just dropped 70 in a high school scrimmage. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169567)

High Roller 04-06-2010 11:09 AM

I just dropped 70 in a high school scrimmage.

Every now and then, our high school coach organises a full game instead of practice. This happened yesterday and we played two 24 minute halves.

I dropped 70 on 32-45 shooting and 6-9 free throw shooting. Most of the 32 field goals came from wing isolations leading to me driving and finishing at the rim as well as a few post ups, with a few ranged jumpers as well. Next leading scorer had 24 on 10-30 shooting, and at the last one these scrimmages I only had 9 points. I'm only averaging 13 on the year as well for the team.....

Was the most incredible game I've played in my life, and just needed to share it I guess.

HylianNightmare 04-06-2010 11:32 AM

Re: I just dropped 70 in a high school scrimmage.

congrats man keep it up :bravo:

OneMoreSucka 04-06-2010 11:40 AM

I dropped 73. Roll higher.

Swaggin916 04-06-2010 07:08 PM

Not bad... Now score that 70 and 11 more points against NBA competition in an NBA game and you will be Kobe :lol

Permodius 04-06-2010 09:26 PM

That's monstrous. I just hope you weren't playing 5 year olds, or against the Goldenstate Warrior's defense.

High Roller 04-06-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Permodius
That's monstrous. I just hope you weren't playing 5 year olds, or against the Goldenstate Warrior's defense.

Thanks man. Nah, everyone in the game was a senior (so 17-18 years old). I guess the defense wasn't too great, but it was still there and it wasn't like players weren't trying to stop others.

End score was 97-68 with my team winning.

paintingshade 04-06-2010 10:34 PM

real nice dude, i loved playin high school ball. best i did was 48 in 3 quarters.. coach sat me the last one. 70 is hard to do, in any competition.

Sticks 04-08-2010 06:20 AM

70 Points in a game is no joke vs. any equal level of competition. Great job, keep the jumper wet!

High Roller 04-09-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sticks
70 Points in a game is no joke vs. any equal level of competition. Great job, keep the jumper wet!

Thanks, but actually my jumper is average at best. I'm only like 70% from the line, considerably less than 70% from that range during a game situation and probably below 33% from beyond the arc in games :( . My bread and butter is just penetration and finishing close to the rim or passing to an open teammate after drawing a double from a drive.

gotbacon23 04-09-2010 11:57 AM

your high school season is still going on?? that's late

High Roller 04-12-2010 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotbacon23
your high school season is still going on?? that's late

Nah, I live in Australia :ohwell:

Swaggin916 04-12-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by High Roller
Nah, I live in Australia :ohwell:

You going to St. Mary's? (maybe a dumb question I heard they do a lot of recruiting in Australia).

High Roller 04-13-2010 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggin916
You going to St. Mary's? (maybe a dumb question I heard they do a lot of recruiting in Australia).

I wish man :( . You are correct however, I think St. Mary's picks up alot of their talent from the AIS (Australian Institute of Sport), a program where only exceptional standouts attend. AIS alumni include Patrick Mills, Andrew Bogut and Lauren Jackson.

TennesseeFan 04-13-2010 12:25 PM

That is really impressive. Congrats.

beermonsteroo 04-13-2010 03:58 PM

Sorry but if this is true you have to be the worst ball hog ever. Sorry but what is the point is showing off in a trainings game like that? Really after dropiping 35 or something you really should have tried to get your teammates involved more. How many assists did you get? Scoring like nuts is ok when it really matters and your team would not win without your contribution. But in training? You ve gotta be kidding me. After dropping 30 you already prooved that you can score and dominate your teammates. So you should have tried to work on your playmaking abilities and passing skills after that.