Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Oklahoma City Thunder Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Round 1, Game 3, April 22: Lakers at Thunder (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171412)

bagelred 04-21-2010 07:06 PM

Round 1, Game 3, April 22: Lakers at Thunder

Knicks are awesome

cotdt 04-21-2010 07:11 PM

Re: Round 1, Game 3, April 22: Lakers at Thunder

1. need shoot better
2. need feed bigs

bagelred 04-21-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knicks101
Slap me some skin soul brotha.

We're gonna kick back with some ice cold Colt 45. Can you dig it? :pimp: Cause that what Toney Douglas do. :hammertime:

50inchvertical 04-21-2010 10:17 PM

I'll try to take tons of pics this time, the environment especially outside should be crazier than it was last regular season game.

cotdt 04-21-2010 10:17 PM

wow the betting odds are favoring OKC at -3. i rarely see odds going against the lakers.

Kingwillball 04-21-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt
wow the betting odds are favoring OKC at -3. i rarely see odds going against the lakers.

Vegas is Finally Figuring out the Lakers are not that good I guess..

bl2k8 04-21-2010 10:25 PM

Lakers come out sluggish, get down by 20, make a run and get within 5 with about 2 minutes in the fourth, then proceed make dumb mistakes to lose game. Thunder win.

Moan 04-22-2010 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl2k8
Lakers come out sluggish, get down by 20, make a run and get within 5 with about 2 minutes in the fourth, then proceed make dumb mistakes to lose game. Thunder win.

The truth

lakerspng 04-22-2010 01:35 AM

Lakers by 10. 3-0 series lead. Durant will have a better game than the first 2. Kobe will drop 36 and Lamar Odom will show up (15p/12r/6a) for the first time in the post season.

50inchvertical 04-22-2010 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl2k8

I hope. I hate that this game is such a late start though. I won't even be back home until after midnight.

The Lakers are staying at the Skirvin Hotel which is allegedly haunted. This is the same one that the Knicks complained about and said they can't sleep:oldlol:

http://okc.about.com/od/oklahomacity...tedskirvin.htm
Quote:

The Skirvin Haunting
The primary ghost story of the Skirvin Hotel centers on a young maid nicknamed "Effie." According to the legends, William Skirvin had an affair with Effie, and she became pregnant. In order to avoid scandal, he supposedly locked her in a room on the 10th floor, originally the top floor, where she grew desolate when she was not allowed to leave, even after giving birth. She is said to have jumped, her infant child in her arms, out of the window.

It was not uncommon over the hotel's existence for guests to complain about an inability to sleep, often due to the incessant sounds of a child crying. In addition, according to some, a nude Effie is known to appear to male hotel guests while showering, and her voice can be heard propositioning them. Staff members have reported everything from strange noises to things moving by themselves.

The Effie legend is a popular one, but there is no historical evidence for it. Though William Skirvin is said to be a noted womanizer and the 10th floor was likely a popular spot for gamblers and prostitutes in the 1930's, writers Steve Lackmeyer and Jack Money did extensive research for their book "Skirvin" but found no evidence of an Effie. The only recorded suicide at the Skirvin was that of a salesman who jumped from his window.

KenneBell 04-22-2010 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
The Lakers are staying at the Skirvin Hotel which is allegedly haunted. This is the same one that the Knicks complained about and said they can't sleep:oldlol:

Phil will keep the ghosts away by making the team recite ancient Native American chants and practicing mediation.

50inchvertical 04-22-2010 01:50 AM

I guess teams don't book their own hotels? Does the host team/city do that for them? Because Sager did a story on TNT and worded it like, "The Lakers found out they would be staying here..." as opposed to the Lakers booked or something like that. If so, that's a hilarious homecourt advantage. Put people up in a haunted hotel. It's not even that expensive of a hotel. I'm tempted to go stay there sometime just for the hell of it.

macpierce 04-22-2010 02:16 AM

i wonder if kobe is rooming with mbenga haha for protection

B-Easy 04-22-2010 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt

Lakers on the road against 50+ win teams .. im sure they werent favored in 90% of those type of games this season. People underrated the power of homecourt advantage.

Moan 04-22-2010 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macpierce
i wonder if kobe is rooming with mbenga haha for protection

I laughed real hard on this one... not