Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Portland Trail Blazers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Round 1, Game 4, April 24: Phoenix Suns (2-1) @ Portland Trail Blazers (1-2) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171678)

OmniStrife 04-24-2010 03:23 PM

Round 1, Game 4, April 24: Phoenix Suns (2-1) @ Portland Trail Blazers (1-2)

Will it be raining 3s again in Rose city?
Could the Blazers go back into the series?

Mrofir 04-24-2010 03:49 PM

Re: Round 1, Game 4, April 24: Phoenix Suns (2-1) @ Portland Trail Blazers (1-2)

I expect a close game today. I'm one of maybe just a few posters here who has watched every game of the series in full. My friend has NBA TV, though he hates sports and doesn't ever watch em. That's ok, I'll invite myself over.

Anyway, I almost wanted to make a thread out of this but then I decided nobody has watched the series, and certainly nobody watched garbage time of the game 2 blowout. But Dwayne Jones looked damn good in garbage time, got like 4 rebounds in 4 minutes and was all over the place. He's clearly not a cog in the system the way RoLo was, but to me he's a huge improvement over freakin Collins. Any Suns fans like me want to see Jones start over Collins? I can't fathom any change being a downgrade from what collins has brought to the table so far.

If not start, let's see some minutes. The guy can rebound and had a great athletic finish off a break as well.

This game is the Suns' chance to make up for game 1. They blew the sweep, and they need the rest before they face Spurs\Mavs. Go Suns!

Mrofir 04-24-2010 04:25 PM

Re: Round 1, Game 4, April 24: Phoenix Suns (2-1) @ Portland Trail Blazers (1-2)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CON562
I'd love to see this series stretch the whole 7 games

reason beings is i dont really care for wither team. :roll:

go away

OmniStrife 04-24-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrofir
I expect a close game today. I'm one of maybe just a few posters here who has watched every game of the series in full. My friend has NBA TV, though he hates sports and doesn't ever watch em. That's ok, I'll invite myself over.

Anyway, I almost wanted to make a thread out of this but then I decided nobody has watched the series, and certainly nobody watched garbage time of the game 2 blowout. But Dwayne Jones looked damn good in garbage time, got like 4 rebounds in 4 minutes and was all over the place. He's clearly not a cog in the system the way RoLo was, but to me he's a huge improvement over freakin Collins. Any Suns fans like me want to see Jones start over Collins? I can't fathom any change being a downgrade from what collins has brought to the table so far.

If not start, let's see some minutes. The guy can rebound and had a great athletic finish off a break as well.

This game is the Suns' chance to make up for game 1. They blew the sweep, and they need the rest before they face Spurs\Mavs. Go Suns!

I agree, he should play more.
And don't worry, more Phoenix fans show up in this thread as the game begins, they're not many, but are loyal. :cheers:

Cyclone112 04-24-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrofir

Definitely want Jones in there over Collins. It seems all Collins does is turn the ball over and get Phoenix in foul trouble.

Suns have a great chance of putting this series out of reach but I expect the Blazers to come out hard especially since they had that 3rd/4th quarter surge last game bringing their confidence out from the crapper especially Rudy with the four 3's he nailed.

If the Suns come out with the intensity they had in game 2 and the start of game 3 then I think they take the game fairly easily.

StroShow4 04-24-2010 05:21 PM

Brandon Roy is going to play and start tonight according to TNT.

OmniStrife 04-24-2010 05:22 PM

BREAKING NEWS:

ROY STARTS TODAY!

Faberg 04-24-2010 05:22 PM

Roy has been activated and will start today. :wtf:

blackification 04-24-2010 05:23 PM

woah wtf.. i'm guessing he is getting limited minutes but wow did the blazers need that.

OmniStrife 04-24-2010 05:24 PM

Don't expect him to play like his fit self though...

blackification 04-24-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmniStrife
Don't expect him to play like his fit self though...

can't be worse than rudy

stpwned 04-24-2010 05:39 PM

He's not starting, and will likely play less than 20 mins.

blackification 04-24-2010 05:47 PM

lets goo suns its on TNT prepare for the worst hope for the best suns fans

OmniStrife 04-24-2010 05:53 PM

Suns still shootin n sinkin'!

blackification 04-24-2010 05:55 PM

suns controlling the pace so far.