Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Antonio Spurs Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Round 1: Game 4, April 25: Dallas Mavericks (1-2) vs San Antonio Spurs (2-1) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171764)

HisAirness3 04-25-2010 03:42 AM

Round 1: Game 4, April 25: Dallas Mavericks (1-2) vs San Antonio Spurs (2-1)

Time: 7:00 PM ET
Date: Sunday, April 25, 2010
Coverage: TNT

(2) Dallas Mavericks (1-2) vs. (7) San Antonio Spurs (2-1)

Home court advantage: Dallas Mavericks

Projected Starting Line Up:
Jason Kidd - Caron Butler - Shawn Marion - Dirk Nowitzki - Erick Dampier

Projected Starting Line Up:
George Hill - Manu Ginobili - Richard Jefferson - Antonio McDyess - Tim Duncan

Game One, American Airlines Center: Spurs - 94 / Mavericks - 100
Game Two, American Airlines Center: Spurs - 102 / Mavericks - 88
Game Three, AT&T Center: Mavericks - 90 / Spurs - 94

SPURS LEAD SERIES 2-1

LA_Showtime 04-25-2010 03:43 AM

Re: Round 1: Game 4, April 25: Dallas Mavericks (1-2) vs San Antonio Spurs (2-1)

Well, hopefully Richard Jefferson decides to show up. He took off game 3, so he should be well rested.

George Hill played really well in game 3, a good sign for the Spurs. Parker-Hill-Ginobili caused a lot of trouble for the Mavs.

brooks_thompson 04-25-2010 05:49 AM

Re: Round 1: Game 4, April 25: Dallas Mavericks (1-2) vs San Antonio Spurs (2-1)

this will be the harder to take than a 4th win would be for the spurs.

but as long as the defensive rotations are dead on (and boy were they in game 3), then you've gotta like the spurs chances. i have not seen any team close out as well as they did in game 3 during this entire season.

it looked like jj barea was going to kill the spurs in game 3, but his getting hot turned into a huge disadvantage for the mavs because he tried to do too much and carlisle just left him in.

the mavs biggest problem is when kidd is not in, the other players rarely look to go to dirk in favor of a quick jumper off of one pass.

the spurs cannot stop dirk, but at least they are being smart and purposely avoiding the foul and letting dirk have the 2 if they know he already has the advantage. parker and ginobili double teams have been amazing.

JustinJDW 04-25-2010 08:20 AM

Let's go Spurs! Let's make this Series 3-1! :rockon:

Oh, and George Hill has the Starting job over Tony Parker.

HisAirness3 04-25-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Well, hopefully Richard Jefferson decides to show up. He took off game 3, so he should be well rested.

George Hill played really well in game 3, a good sign for the Spurs. Parker-Hill-Ginobili caused a lot of trouble for the Mavs.

The only way Dallas can win is if they can get a lot of transition points, but since the playoffs are all about slow-paced, half-court sets, that's what favors the Spurs over the Mavericks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinJDW
Let's go Spurs! Let's make this Series 3-1! :rockon:

Oh, and George Hill has the Starting job over Tony Parker.

Thanks man, fixed.....Not gonna lie though, I actually did copy and paste that on another site. :lol

icemanfan 04-25-2010 01:27 PM

I hate all the Mavs Choking talk. IF they get a win tonight they regain home court advantage. I could understand this attitude if they were already down 3-1 but 2-1 AND being having the best road record in the NBA there is no reason for it. Remember this is the reason Stern changed the first round to the best of seven. In the old days tonight's game would be for the series and the Spurs would just have to win this one game on their floor to advance. I am pulling for the Spurs and know they can do this but counting the Mavs out is a mistake.

niko 04-25-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icemanfan
I hate all the Mavs Choking talk. IF they get a win tonight they regain home court advantage. I could understand this attitude if they were already down 3-1 but 2-1 AND being having the best road record in the NBA there is no reason for it. Remember this is the reason Stern changed the first round to the best of seven. In the old days tonight's game would be for the series and the Spurs would just have to win this one game on their floor to advance. I am pulling for the Spurs and know they can do this but counting the Mavs out is a mistake.

People never give credits, spurs and mavs are very close talent wise, im not sure why a loss by one team has to be considered a choke. But remember last year? SPurs were hurt, got beaten, and people said they choked. i guess its just the nature to not give credit.

Basketball Dirk 04-25-2010 01:59 PM

Rick Carlisle try not playing Caron Butler and Shawn Marion at the same time.

They're both SFs and Caron Butler is then playing out of position at SG. They don't seem to complement each other so far this series against the Spurs.

sannguyen19 04-25-2010 02:02 PM

Guarantee the Mavs will win this game....but probably still lose the series. im going with 101-98 Mavs.

Gotterdammerung 04-25-2010 02:19 PM

I suspect the Mavs' best shot at stealing a game in San Antonio was Friday, when Carlise unleashed that zone defense in the 3rd quarter. Dallas went on a 17-2 run because of that. Too bad he ran his small-ball line-up into the ground and lost the lead. Now Dallas lost the element of surprise, and Poppovich will have something ready for tonight. :hammerhead:

lakerHater 04-25-2010 03:45 PM

Anyone know if Manu will be wearing a mask?

ScolaFan 04-25-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerHater
Anyone know if Manu will be wearing a mask?

Yes he will be wearing one... something similar to this:

lakerHater 04-25-2010 05:23 PM

Love it!!
Someone better put his signal out!!

SCdac 04-25-2010 05:29 PM

I don't know if the Spurs can win 3 in a row against this team. They had a hard enough time winning 3 in a row in the regular season against different teams. And you have to think the Mavs, and Butler if he plays normal minutes (I think he will), will want to win this one and make a serious statement heading back to Dallas. I'm hoping for the Spurs win of course, but Duncan and crew are maybe due for a not-so-great and somewhat-fatigued game.

King Lebron LBJ 04-25-2010 05:39 PM

Dallas wins this one and all the idiots who are claiming dallas are done can shut up.