Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   2011 NFL Mock Draft (Seriously?) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172196)

MK2V1GP 04-28-2010 07:58 PM

2011 NFL Mock Draft (Seriously?)

The "experts" can't even guess what happens the minute before each pick, let alone over a year from now. Not only did this guy make predictions on what player goes where, but he ALSO predicted what team would be picking where lol. I bet this guy was one of those who would've had the Falcons with the top pick two years ago too, except, oh yeah, they made the playoffs when EVERYONE expected them to be the worst team. This is why the NFL is so great....b/c ANY team can become a contender in one offseason.

What a crock.

Anyways, here's how Andrew Perloff sees the 2011 NFL Draft unfolding a year from now:

Quote:

1. Seattle Seahawks Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas*

The former Michigan quarterback has the most NFL-desirable skills in this deep QB class.

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson*

2010 belonged to the defensive tackles. The pass-rushers will take their turn this year, and Bowers is the scariest of the group. However, Bowers needs to be a bit more consistent in 2010.

3. St. Louis Rams Robert Quinn*, DE, North Carolina

Some see Quinn as the second-coming of Julius Peppers. Overcoming an operation on a brain tumor in high school shows incredible character, but could also make some teams nervous. Not so the Rams.

4. Detroit Lions Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State

The Lions would want to shore up their offensive line here, but this draft might not have the premier left tackle they'd want this high.

5. New England Patriots (via Raiders) A.J. Green, WR, Georgia*

The Pats will need more offensive playmakers with Randy Moss turning 34 in 2011. Green is Calvin Johnson-light, which is still pretty good.

6. Cleveland Browns Julio Jones, WR, Alabama

Jones may not have 4.4 40 speed, but neither did Larry Fitzgerald. Most NFL teams choose college production over 40 times in this year's draft.

7. Arizona Cardinals Prince Amukamara CB, Nebraska

Played big against tough competition last season and has enough athleticism for Nebraska to consider working him into the offense in the coming season.

8. Kansas City Chiefs Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

Carimia wasn't overwhelming last year, but could rise to the top of an underwhelming class of potential left tackles.

9. Buffalo Bills Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

The knock on Gabbert will be the Missouri system that helped Chase Daniel put up huge numbers. But because of his size (6-foot-5, 240 pounds), Gabbert is a different kind of prospect than Daniel and teams will believe more in the stats.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars Jake Locker, QB, Washington

The Jags didn't bite on Tim Tebow, but will jump all over next year's big name even if questions remain about Locker's ability as a pure passer.

Stewart Mandel: Locker focuses on Huskies, not draft

11. Tennessee Titans Marcell Dareus*, DE, Alabama

Dareus got a lot of attention for knocking Colt McCoy out of the national title game, and should emerge as a star as the Crimson Tide tries to repeat.

12. Carolina Panthers Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina

No guarantee current GM Marty Hurney and coach John Fox will be making this pick. Analysts wonder if Austin's drive equals his talent, so he'll have to play hard this year to go this high.

13. Denver Broncos Aaron Williams, CB, Texas

Sometimes overshadowed by other stars in the Texas secondary, Williams will step into the spotlight this season.

14. Chicago Bears Anthony Costanzo, T, Boston College

Costanzo could prove to be better than Carimi and shoot into the top 10.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers Patrick Peterson*, CB, LSU

Despite trading to get Bryant McFadden back, the Steelers still need help in a secondary that didn't make a lot of plays last season.

16. Philadelphia Eagles Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia

Eagles faithful are nervous about starting cornerback Ellis Hobbs, and they need more help in nickel and dime packages.

17. Cincinnati Bengals Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas State

The former quarterback led the Big 12 in rushing with 1,265 yards and is still learning the position.

18. New York Giants Rodney Hudson, G, Florida State

The Giants once-dependable offensive line started showing holes in 2009.

19. Miami Dolphins Greg Jones, LB, Michigan State

Jones is a tackling machine who surprised a lot of people by returning to Michigan State.

20. Washington Redskins DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson

McDaniel had eight interceptions last season and provides a physical presence against the run.

21. New England Patriots Greg Romeus, DE, Pitt

Romeus was a basketball player who didn't pick up the sport until his senior year of high school. If he reaches double digits in sacks this season, he should be a first-rounder.

22. Green Bay Packers Von Miller, DE/OLB, Texas A&M

Miller could fit here as the Packers try to land another outside linebacker to complement Clay Matthews.

23. Houston Texans Rahim Moore*, S, UCLA

Moore led the nation with 10 interceptions last season and helps fill a big need for the Texans.

24. Atlanta Falcons Jared Crick*, DT, Nebraska

Crick had five sacks in one game last season. He'll prove he can perform without having Ndamukong Suh drawing all of the offense's attention.

25. San Francisco 49ers Mark Ingram*, RB, Alabama

Although he has a different style, the 2009 Heisman winner could help lighten the load on Frank Gore and eventually become his replacement.

26. New York Jets Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa

Clayborn ran into some off-field issues, but the Jets have shown they're not afraid of that kind of risk.

27. San Diego Chargers Michael Floyd*, WR, Notre Dame

The Chargers don't appear to have many holes right now, but could add depth to the receiving corps.

28. Minnesota Vikings Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State

Is it possible we'll still be debating whether Brett Favre will come back or not at this point next season?

29. Indianapolis Colts Allen Bailey, DT, Miami

Bailey considered going pro this year, but will return to lead a unit that isn't producing as many sure-fire first-rounders as it used to.

30. Dallas Cowboys Nate Potter*, OT, Boise State

The Cowboys will likely have to focus on a long-term answer at left tackle.

31. Baltimore Ravens Curtis Brown, CB, Texas

Another talented defensive back in a program that's been churning them out.

32. New Orleans Saints DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma

The Saints don't seem settled at this position, and Murray could provide a long-term answer.

No way do the Seahawks NOT pick Jake Locker if they have the first overall pick. Locker and Mallot are the top rated QB prospects, no doubt, but Locker (being the hometown kid) would be much better for the Seahawks. Also, no way does Mark Ingram fall that far.

I also love how this guy has the Saints repeating lol. Must be nice. Not having anything else to do with your fancy writing career other than doing a full mock draft of the first round, pick by pick, round by round, for a draft over a year away. :hammerhead:

http://m.si.com/news/to/to/detail/25...2892 E.cnnsi1

EDIT: I saw Todd McShay already has his 2011 Mock Draft up, but its for insiders only. Anyone willing to share his Mock Draft?

~primetime~ 04-28-2010 08:05 PM

Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft (Seriously?)

It is impossible to know...Locker might end up screwing himself into the 2nd round like Taylor Mays did...

I will bet that DeMarco Murray will be the first RB taken in the draft next year...

DeMarco is the best RB in college football...infact I bet he will be in the Heisman running now that OU has beefed up their o-line

this year, DeMarco Murray will become famous amongst football fans...

GOBB 04-28-2010 08:31 PM

I wonder who Demarco Murray plays for? :rolleyes:

~primetime~ 04-28-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
I wonder who Demarco Murray plays for? :rolleyes:

yeah he plays for OU...but I am right about him, like I am right about every OU player...

If he isn't the best RB in college football next year then that either means he got injured or that someone else stepped the f*ck up in a very big way...

Murray is a complete beast...

he wwould have gotten a ton more cred last year if it wasn't for his injury issues and the HORRIBLE HORRIBLE o-line that OU had...

just watch...you will see him run into stardom this year...

Jackass18 04-28-2010 08:37 PM

Yeah, some do mocks a year or 2 in advance. They're pretty much worthless. They're predictions on who they think the top prospects will be and how NFL teams will do.

Jackass18 04-28-2010 08:41 PM

Roy Helu Jr. > DeMarco Murray

~primetime~ 04-28-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackass18
Roy Helu Jr. > DeMarco Murray

when OU and Nebraska meet this year, me and you might have to do a little avy bet for a week or two...

since OU will be ranked top 5 by then, lol, we could just bet on which of the two has the more rushing yards that game...

Jackass18 04-28-2010 09:01 PM

They won't play each other unless they both make the CCG.

Jailblazers7 04-28-2010 09:05 PM

Jonathan Baldwin will likely come out and he will def go first round.

Murray is good but prime is the craziest homer lol

RedBlackAttack 04-29-2010 02:04 AM

I'd like to see the Browns get Julio Jones. Nice selection, there.

InspiredLebowski 04-29-2010 02:12 AM

I don't think Indy'll ever address the interior d-line in the 1st round. Never has been and never will be a defense focused on interior pressure, put a body there to occupy a block and either Freeney or Mathis is getting there what, 75% of the time?

But if the other Pouncey twin is as good as Maurkice and has success at C this year at UF, I want that guy.

IlliniFan 04-29-2010 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'd like to see the Browns get Julio Jones. Nice selection, there.

Too bad the guy has no idea what he's talking about.

Quote:

Jones may not have 4.4 40 speed, but neither did Larry Fitzgerald. Most NFL teams choose college production over 40 times in this year's draft.

Jones had awful stats this season for a projected 1st rounder. Only 596 yards and 4 touchdowns.

RedBlackAttack 04-29-2010 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Too bad the guy has no idea what he's talking about.

Jones had awful stats this season for a projected 1st rounder. Only 596 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Certainly, a lot will likely hinge on how he does this season. Will it be a return to his freshman year when he nearly broke the 1,000 yard mark or a repeat of 2009 when he disappointed many with 600 yards. Either way, I think his skills project well to the NFL. He has the size, hands, and speed to be an impact player.

I don't know much about his rout running ability, on-field intelligence, etc. which can make or break a talented guy at the highest level.

We shall see.

Looking at his stats, though, it seems that he had a horrible start and came on in the last five games or so. He also missed a game early in the season... Maybe he was nursing an injury? He had 315 yards in his last four games of the regular season.

Jackass18 04-29-2010 02:44 AM

Jones regressed this past season, but he also had an injury that hampered him for a couple games. Still though, I'm certainly not that high on him at this point. #6 seems way to early to take him as it stands now. He could move up that high with a nice season, but would you take him at 6 now?

GatorKid117 04-29-2010 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackass18
Jones regressed this past season, but he also had an injury that hampered him for a couple games. Still though, I'm certainly not that high on him at this point. #6 seems way to early to take him as it stands now. He could move up that high with a nice season, but would you take him at 6 now?

I don't really see it either. While Jones already has pretty much an NFL ready body, I just don't see the game to go along with it yet. Maybe that will change this year and maybe that is what the writer was assuming so we shall see. For the record, I think Michael Floyd will be drafted ahead of Jones as well.