Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Did you see the Hawk's last timeout? Mike Woodson has no command over this team. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172213)

theballerFKA Ace 04-28-2010 10:54 PM

Did you see the Hawk's last timeout? Mike Woodson has no command over this team.

Did you see his team in the last timeout? They were each in their own little world. It looked like only Bibby was paying attention to the coach's instruction. No one else seemed like they even knew Mike Woodson existed. I could see if this was a regular timeout but this was the final timeout in a one possession game with 10 seconds left. I know they wanted to know if the refs would call Horford's shot a three or not, but they needed to focus on the big picture at that critical juncture. These idiots deserve to lose.

No focus, no discipline. Bad on the coach? Bad on the team? Or are both failures?

imnew09 04-28-2010 10:57 PM

Re: Did you see the Hawk's last timeout? Mike Woodson has no command over this team.

Pure failure.

Hotlantadude81 04-28-2010 11:10 PM

Re: Did you see the Hawk's last timeout? Mike Woodson has no command over this team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theballerFKA Ace
Did you see his team in the last timeout? They were each in their own little world. It looked like only Bibby was paying attention to the coach's instruction. No one else seemed like they even knew Mike Woodson existed. I could see if this was a regular timeout but this was the final timeout in a one possession game with 10 seconds left. I know they wanted to know if the refs would call Horford's shot a three or not, but they needed to focus on the big picture at that critical juncture. These idiots deserve to lose.

No focus, no discipline. Bad on the coach? Bad on the team? Or are both failures?

Because they know Woody is to dumb to be able to draw up a quality shot... So why bother?

zORi 04-29-2010 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Because they know Woody is to dumb to be able to draw up a quality shot... So why bother?

I don't know, I think that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I don't think they respect him, tho.

And it shows.

Batz 04-29-2010 12:56 AM

brooks_thompson 04-29-2010 01:05 AM

denver nuggets east

Hotlantadude81 04-29-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zORi
I don't know, I think that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I don't think they respect him, tho.

And it shows.

I swear, Woodson is every bit as bad as I'm saying. If a coach doesn't even get his team to practive offense why would he have a good offensive game plan when the game starts?

brooks_thompson 04-29-2010 01:49 AM

barkley just called them denver east: i am validated.

Showtime 04-29-2010 01:56 AM

ZenMaster 04-29-2010 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
I swear, Woodson is every bit as bad as I'm saying. If a coach doesn't even get his team to practive offense why would he have a good offensive game plan when the game starts?

There is actually one pretty big indicator of good offensive game planning that says he's doing a very good job.

As for the late game situations i've never seen him do anything spectacular.

SiNthEtiC 671 04-29-2010 06:50 AM

trust me i don't like Woodson either, i wouldn't listen to his stupidity

RaceBannana 04-29-2010 06:58 AM

yeah blame Woodson......
Its not easy to deal with NBA primadonnas. Smith is a headache...

asdf1990 04-29-2010 12:15 PM

mike woodson and mike brown related?

bada bing 04-29-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaceBannana
yeah blame Woodson......
Its not easy to deal with NBA primadonnas. Smith is a headache...

that whole atlanta team seems like a bunch of arrogant uncooperative teammates. It just seems they are always this close to a complete breakdown.

jbot 04-29-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batz

"i've been staring at a fan's uncovered snatch for the last quarter only to realize it's Coach Woodson's damn mouth!"