Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   In their primes: Joey Galloway or Keyshawn Johnson? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172936)

HelterSkelter 05-05-2010 02:42 AM

In their primes: Joey Galloway or Keyshawn Johnson?
 

~primetime~ 05-05-2010 03:33 AM

Re: In their primes: Joey Galloway or Keyshawn Johnson?
 
damn, this one really is a coin flip for me...

looking over both their career numbers...it looks like Joey had 2 primes...

I think I'll go with Galloway...his prime(s) lasted longer...

but Keyshawn had a great 5 year stretch from 98-02, and that included a ring...

both also played played for the greatest team in all of professional sports...this one is super close

the_chosen_1 05-05-2010 08:08 AM

Re: In their primes: Joey Galloway or Keyshawn Johnson?
 
Definitely Galloway. Keyshawn maybe the most overrated receiver ever. Remember the game against the Colts after the Super Bowl when he is mic'ed up and talking shit about Harrison when they are up and the Colts torch them and make the biggest fourth quarter comeback ever. Fitting end wasn't it, kinda like KJ's career.

~primetime~ 05-05-2010 03:16 PM

Re: In their primes: Joey Galloway or Keyshawn Johnson?
 
Keyshawn was a big physical possesion reciever...6'4", 215 lbs

Galloway was a speed reciever...5'11", 195 lbs


Keyshawn got more attention and hype than Galloway ever did, but that doesn't mean he sucked or anything...

MK2V1GP 05-05-2010 03:50 PM

Re: In their primes: Joey Galloway or Keyshawn Johnson?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_chosen_1
Definitely Galloway. Keyshawn maybe the most overrated receiver ever. Remember the game against the Colts after the Super Bowl when he is mic'ed up and talking shit about Harrison when they are up and the Colts torch them and make the biggest fourth quarter comeback ever. Fitting end wasn't it, kinda like KJ's career.



Please never mention that game ever again. Do you realize how hard it's been for Bucs fans to delete that game from memory? Now that you've reminded me about it, I'm going to have to dedicate the rest of the night to trying to forget about it again. Thanks. A lot. :cry:




I think BOTH WR's are tremendously overrated. And both are TOTALLY different players. Galloway was a speedster who went deep and Meshawn was a possession receiver. Neither WR was a big playmaker. With both players having such completely different styles, it's impossible for me to say who's better. If I had to pick one though, I'd go with Galloway b/c he didn't have all the baggage and ego that Meshawn has.

Jackass18 05-05-2010 04:05 PM

Re: In their primes: Joey Galloway or Keyshawn Johnson?
 
I'd go with Galloway. MeShawn talked more than he produced. That douche was quite overrated, so I'll go with the speedster who could beat you deep down the field. Johnson once had 106 receptions with only 1 TD. That's like saying, 'Thanks for getting us down the field, but now that we're about to score you're not getting the damn ball'.

GOBB 05-05-2010 04:34 PM

Re: In their primes: Joey Galloway or Keyshawn Johnson?
 
Galloway prime was shortlived. Wonder how the stats stack up. Pretty sure Galloway beats him or its close in TD receptions. Deep ball threat so the ypc is in his favor as well. But they were 2 different kind of WRs. I like the physical aspect of Meshawn. He took big hits, made tough catches and was a great blocker.

Really cant explain 106 catches 1 TD. I'd have to sit here and recall that season. What year was that?

Kinda irrelevant but Galloway speed was amazing. Dude in his mid 30's was still torching people. *flexes bicep*

I remember both in college, liked Galloway more there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackass18
I'd go with Galloway. MeShawn talked more than he produced. That douche was quite overrated, so I'll go with the speedster who could beat you deep down the field. Johnson once had 106 receptions with only 1 TD. That's like saying, 'Thanks for getting us down the field, but now that we're about to score you're not getting the damn ball'.


What? Meeshawn produced. What did you want to see more of? :confusedshrug:

crisoner 05-05-2010 05:25 PM

Re: In their primes: Joey Galloway or Keyshawn Johnson?
 
I'd take Jerry Rice or Tim Brown over both.

~primetime~ 05-05-2010 06:23 PM

Re: In their primes: Joey Galloway or Keyshawn Johnson?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crisoner
I'd take Jerry Rice or Tim Brown over both.

I would trade Dirk for Lebron...

MK2V1GP 05-05-2010 07:00 PM

Re: In their primes: Joey Galloway or Keyshawn Johnson?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crisoner
I'd take Jerry Rice or Tim Brown over both.

Really? IDK, I'd have to think about it first.







Please tell me the football forum isn't about to get overrun by the NBA Forum kids.

MK2V1GP 05-05-2010 07:03 PM

Re: In their primes: Joey Galloway or Keyshawn Johnson?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
Galloway prime was shortlived. Wonder how the stats stack up. Pretty sure Galloway beats him or its close in TD receptions. Deep ball threat so the ypc is in his favor as well. But they were 2 different kind of WRs. I like the physical aspect of Meshawn. He took big hits, made tough catches and was a great blocker.

Really cant explain 106 catches 1 TD. I'd have to sit here and recall that season. What year was that?




2001. His 2nd season with the Bucs. His first year with Tampa was opposite, he had like 70 rec with 8 or 9 TDs.

It really was a weird season for Meshawn. He barely averaged 11 ypc that season, so he was strictly a possession WR. He was NEVER a YAC guy, that's why he never got a ton of TDs despite his high number of rec.

And Tampa sucked offensively that year, so it's not like we were scoring a lot and just not lettin Meshawn in on the fun :oldlol: I remember the opening game of that season, I was at the Bucs/Cowboys game, and that was Quincy Carter's first start (Brad Johnson's first start for Tampa too). This was when the Cowboys were just brutal (in the midst of three or four straight 5-11 seasons if I remember correctly) and Tampa's only TD that game was a Brad Johnson QB sneak. We won 10-6. THAT's how bad our offense was that season.

Jackass18 05-05-2010 08:03 PM

Re: In their primes: Joey Galloway or Keyshawn Johnson?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
What? Meeshawn produced. What did you want to see more of? :confusedshrug:


Yards and TDs. He only had 4 seasons of over 1,000 yards. He never really score many TDs.

KG215 05-06-2010 01:29 AM

Re: In their primes: Joey Galloway or Keyshawn Johnson?
 
This one is so hard for me to do because it's not really easy to compare two completely different receivers. My personal bias has always been towards the bigger possession WR's. Keyshawn obviously had the physical tools to be great. he had a good stretch in his career where he was a very good WR. Galloway's career has seemingly lasted forever, and he's been quietly and consistently lethal as a deep ball threat. Dudes that old shouldn't still be that fast.

kidachi 05-06-2010 02:03 AM

Re: In their primes: Joey Galloway or Keyshawn Johnson?
 
Galloway all the way.


Keyshawn is good too.. not taking anything away.. he takes big hits and just shrugs its off..

anyway.. ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTj9aa1N_WM

i love sapp :oldlol:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy