Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Streetball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post your video's here (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173008)

Swaggin916 05-05-2010 08:46 PM

Post your video's here

Ok so we got into the debate over in the "How much does your shooting percentage drop" thread over what percentages people actually shoot when practicing. Here is your chance to show everybody not only what percentages you shoot, but also to show how you play/things you do when practicing (Or playing a game, etc.).

Ok so today my buddy and I worked specifically on our midrange game (I did really well with that 50 days of no basketball huh?). Here is a video of me doing a few of the drills that I do to strengthen my midrange. Unfortunately I am limited to more or less set shots right now, but my set shot and jump shot percentages are close... so this gives you a pretty good idea. Amway, on the 5th set, I am supposed to make 5... I guess I thought i made 5 but I only made 4 (so that's why it's like that) and I forgot to change the percentage (obviously 4/5 is 80% not 83%) :lol Overall my percentage was 70%. The shots I took were not difficult, and I would say this was a fairly average day in terms of shooting. The set at the top of the key really brought down my percentage tho... I just wasn't really feeling the stoke today overall but I still managed to shoot fairly well from the corners and wings and also out of the triple threat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5kiGESmddA

So yea post your vids and see how you stack up!!! :D

shlver 05-05-2010 09:03 PM

Re: Post your video's here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Ok so we got into the debate over in the "How much does your shooting percentage drop" thread over what percentages people actually shoot when practicing. Here is your chance to show everybody not only what percentages you shoot, but also to show how you play/things you do when practicing (Or playing a game, etc.).

Ok so today my buddy and I worked specifically on our midrange game. Here is a video of me doing a few of the drills that I do to strengthen my midrange. Unfortunately I am limited to more or less set shots right now, but my set shot and jump shot percentages are close... so this gives you a pretty good idea. Amway, on the 5th set, I am supposed to make 5... I guess I thought i made 5 but I only made 4 (so that's why it's like that) and I forgot to change the percentage (obviously 4/5 is 80% not 83%) :lol Overall my percentage was 70%. The shots I took were not difficult, and I would say this was a fairly average day in terms of shooting. The set at the top of the key really brought down my percentage tho... I just wasn't really feeling the stoke today overall but I still managed to shoot fairly well from the corners and wings and also out of the triple threat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5kiGESmddA

So yea post your vids and see how you stack up!!! :D

You have a nice shot. Do you shoot with the same form on jumpers? How tall are you?
I need to up a vid soon also.
EDIT: Old vid from 8 months ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmQ4WtJsQEE

Swaggin916 05-05-2010 09:08 PM

Yea I shoot with the same from pretty much... I don't know if my feet are as close together though. As for my release and everything tho yea it's the same. I am 5'11... it's a legit 10 foot rim but the angle makes it look a little shorter when we are on the near side... it looks like I am like 6'3 or something over there... and I can assure you I am not lol.

Yea man get a new vid up I liked your jumper in the other one.

shlver 05-05-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Yea I shoot with the same from pretty much... I don't know if my feet are as close together though. As for my release and everything tho yea it's the same. I am 5'11... it's a legit 10 foot rim but the angle makes it look a little shorter when we are on the near side... it looks like I am like 6'3 or something over there... and I can assure you I am not lol.

Yea man get a new vid up I liked your jumper in the other one.

I think the rims on the sides of most gyms are lower, that's why you look taller. Your set shot looks good, hoping to see your jumper soon.

Venom 05-05-2010 09:51 PM

I liked both your videos. I'll try to get a video up soon. I'm jealous of you guys, I don't have an indoor gym that I can go to regularly. I'll try putting up a video some time on Saturday, the 15th.

devin112 05-05-2010 11:51 PM

nice shooting you two and thanks for the vids! i'll try to get mine done asap.

swag, ur mid looks good. i assume you put more elevation on ur j in-game?

Swaggin916 05-06-2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devin112
nice shooting you two and thanks for the vids! i'll try to get mine done asap.

swag, ur mid looks good. i assume you put more elevation on ur j in-game?

Yes I do... I put more elevation on it just practicing as well. It is not wise for me to shoot jumpers at this point in time so I just stick with set shots.

devin112 05-06-2010 12:58 AM

that's right, u're injured right now. you were gingerly walking between ur spots. thanks for the vid. i wish i had a good mid range, i shoot 3s or drive to the rim.

lemme me ask you shooters a question. my 3 pointer has a lot of arch on it, people always tell me that. do you think a lot of arch makes mid range shots harder?

Swaggin916 05-06-2010 01:31 AM

I think so. If you are used to shooting 3's in game, then 2's are going to feel somewhat awkward no matter what, but if you have a lot of arc, there is a whole lot less room for error. When I try to shoot with a lot of arc (Derek Fisher style), my percentage goes way down... the whole dynamics of it are so awkward and you really need to swish it right in otherwise it's going to rim out. The further you are from the basket, the less of a factor arc becomes though... a hot from half court is going to need a lot more arc than a shot from 12 feet out... so that's probably why you are fairly comfortable from 3 but not from the midrange.

If I were you, I would really practice that midrange. It's actually really fun too because you make a whole lot more shots once you get used to it :lol 1 dribble and 2 dribble pullups, step backs, etc... man just dedicate sole practice sessions to those with only a few 3's thrown in to just maintain the stroke.

Swaggin916 05-06-2010 10:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLtBarGG6Cg

Another vid for you guys... i was able to jump a little more today (mostly off my left foot though) so I could take partial jumpers. I really want to start practicing that last move tho... I don't know why I did that it was completely out of the blue instinctive lol. I have done it before, but it's not like a go-to move or anything like that so it's kind of weird that I did it.

Pardon the text... I'm trying to help out Justchill by giving him some drills he can do so it's kind of an instruction video too.

lilojmayo 05-06-2010 11:00 PM

Quote:

I think so. If you are used to shooting 3's in game, then 2's are going to feel somewhat awkward no matter what, but if you have a lot of arc, there is a whole lot less room for error. When I try to shoot with a lot of arc (Derek Fisher style), my percentage goes way down... the whole dynamics of it are so awkward and you really need to swish it right in otherwise it's going to rim out. The further you are from the basket, the less of a factor arc becomes though... a hot from half court is going to need a lot more arc than a shot from 12 feet out... so that's probably why you are fairly comfortable from 3 but not from the midrange.

If I were you, I would really practice that midrange. It's actually really fun too because you make a whole lot more shots once you get used to it :lol 1 dribble and 2 dribble pullups, step backs, etc... man just dedicate sole practice sessions to those with only a few 3's thrown in to just maintain the stroke.

good video and your have a nice shot. you can tell your a good shooter just by your form, consistent and the same.

Though i do agree you make a lot more midrange, but there is a reason the mid range is dead in todays game. It is easily the shot that you almost never get an open look during any time of live contest unless your in the transition in s stop and pop, or you drive and pull up unless your good at banks is a low percentage shot. The 3 ball is just open because of collapses and rotation all the time.

I would say if you want to practice your mid more than outside game, that is fine especially if you dont like chasing your ball over te place. To me it benefits me more when i practice 18-23 footers because those are the shots i get in games than my 14-17 ft shots. I practice them all though, but i feel the outside shots relates more to in game and plus if i am that 15 ft from the basket im going to try to drive layup or pull up for a short shot in the paint

Swaggin916 05-07-2010 12:05 AM

That is true... most of the open shots you are going to get no matter where/what level you are playing is at the 3 point line. So, taking wide open 3's actually makes sense... taking wide open 2's doesn't make as much sense because you are going to have a hand in your face a lot of the time unless you are just fantastic at creating space (ala Derrick Rose). Me and my friend have an advantage because we both like doing this stuff and we can guard each other (or at least get a hand up) so we get used to it. For me, I really want to be a beast in Iso situations and one of the weapons I want to have out of triple threat is that jump shot... so yea hand down man down :lol Even with hand up I want to still be able to make it so they have to respect it no matter what... then when I give em an up fake... ZING!!! and I'm gone. :lol

KJones 05-07-2010 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilojmayo
good video and your have a nice shot. you can tell your a good shooter just by your form, consistent and the same.

Though i do agree you make a lot more midrange, but there is a reason the mid range is dead in todays game. It is easily the shot that you almost never get an open look during any time of live contest unless your in the transition in s stop and pop, or you drive and pull up unless your good at banks is a low percentage shot. The 3 ball is just open because of collapses and rotation all the time.

I would say if you want to practice your mid more than outside game, that is fine especially if you dont like chasing your ball over te place. To me it benefits me more when i practice 18-23 footers because those are the shots i get in games than my 14-17 ft shots. I practice them all though, but i feel the outside shots relates more to in game and plus if i am that 15 ft from the basket im going to try to drive layup or pull up for a short shot in the paint

The mid range is almost always open especially for guys who catch the ball on the wing and have a good jab step and one bounce game. Its dead because most players today once they put the ball on the floor will force the second and third dribble to try to make the spectacular play as opposed to making the simple play that's there. Unless you are a absolutely deadly three point shooter (Deadly means 80 to 90 makes out of 100 shots from 3 doing game simulation shooting drills, or 40%+ game shooter) you should only be taking that shot 2 to 3 times a game. All you have to do as an offensive player to get a good midrange look is get on the side of the defender. You don't even have to beat him, once he drops that back leg to slide you are on the side of him. If you work on your footwork off the pivot, understanding body and ball positioning, you can easily get that 15 to 17 foot shot off with one leg, one arm and blind...

Sticks 05-07-2010 04:25 AM

The mid-range is especially deadly vs. teams with a quality big-man. Play good inside-out offense and drive and kick. A defensive wing will close out hard figuring the big man has their back, shot-fake them in the air one dribble and pull-up. It's a shot I get and hit a lot in games.

dab0yech0 05-07-2010 04:39 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfcChsml6Dk

I have a red shirt under the blue jersey

I just dropped a 24 pt 4 ast game in intramurals today hopefully I can get the video by tommorow