Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   players nugs should target (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173112)

el gringos 05-06-2010 09:40 PM

players nugs should target

Who are some of the players you think would fit the nuggets best if aquired?

Bargnani
Spencer hawes
okur
Rasheed wallace
Jason smith
-----
Kaman
Beidrins
Dalembert
----
Jrue holiday
Steve blake
Randy foye
----
Yi
Villenueva
Illysova
Austin daye
Radmonovic

kurple 05-13-2010 12:31 PM

Re: players nugs should target

I have never seen so many bitches in the same list

KRAYZIE 05-13-2010 03:49 PM

Gotta agree, aside from Kaman, the rest are garbage. Sadly, Nuggets won't be making much noise next year either if they acquire any of those listed names(excluding Kaman). Plus who do we give up in return? Ideally, I'd like to get rid of KMart's expiring contract and get a legit center in return, thus moving Nene back to his natural spot. Because let's be honest here, we're not really going to do anything with Nene as our center. Therefore, improving the front line should be the main priority here.

Our front court has been athletic enough in the past that it could hang with the good teams, but against the big talented teams like the Lakers, guys always come up short(no pun intended). They are the measuring stick after all. You wanna get to the finals, you have to get past them. Period. We have to (try)match them up front more now than ever, so that guys like Bynum and Gasol don't continually go off against our bigs, as well as smaller guys like Boozer and Milsapp, as we all saw in the Playoffs.

NuggetsFan 05-14-2010 04:10 AM

Need a true center and move Nene back to PF and have K-Mart\Birdman off the bench to give us a solid big man rotation. Someone like Perkins would be perfect but clearly impossible. Need size\defense\rebounding\depth. Not alot of options at C.

I'd be fine with moving anybody to be honest. Current team isn't doing any damage anymore. PG position is more than fine with Billups\Lawson. It's time for J.R to go and Afflalo would be fine as a backup or the same role he played this year.

Doubt Denver does much tho. Hopefully ships somebody out.

kurple 05-14-2010 12:58 PM

Agreed, they need a real center.. Okafor would be perfect, and is very gettable.
They also need a post scorer in the 2nd unit, not just perimeter players.. JO is the best alternative IMO.

KMart for Okafor, try Nene&JR -4- Bosh and sign JO for the MLE.

If you cant get Bosh, keep Nene, trade JR for Miller or JO in a S&T and use the MLE on the other

el gringos 05-14-2010 01:31 PM

Why are you guys so against getting defenses to stop double and triple teaming carmelo?- the big that plays with carmelo and nene has to be able to shoot, or atleast require his guy to cover him- okafor is better than kmart but more of the same, I don't think he counts as a "real center" if nene doesn't (which I agree)
---------
I guess I should just accept that some of you can't see how the other teams defend the nugs and why they do it- 2/3 on 5 works in regular season but not playoffs

MeLO MvP 15 05-15-2010 01:18 PM

Pretty much... our ideal off-season would probably be:

Trade into the draft...

Trade Nene, JR, and a first for Bosh

Either trade KMart for Okafor, Dalmebert or Chandler.... or sign Brendan Haywood...

Get a consistent 6th man... like a Mike Miller, Harrington, Kleiza (not consistent but good), or Childress

el gringos 06-08-2010 11:19 AM

Without making a major move, would jason smith be a great fit or what- how much would it take to get him from philly? He is a real 7 footer with good size and athletisism, and he can shoot or pass from high post/top of the key- he is a perfect fit, with the opportunity I think the guy can play- do you want him and for what?

MeLO MvP 15 06-09-2010 05:10 PM

You do always mention Jason Smith (cuz you love the idea of a shooting big next to Melo), but hey he is 7 feet tall, so if we could get him for nothing or sign him to a minimum deal (im unaware if he's a FA or still under contract in Philly) ya of course i like it... anything else and a no thank you

NuggetsFan 06-09-2010 06:35 PM

Demarcus Cousins even tho it's extremely unrealistic. Melo\Cousins\Lawson core going forward and than guys like Afflalo\Nene would seem pretty bright.

Jason Smith would be decent. Still don't think it would be enough tho. K-Mart\Nene can go down anytime and Birdman isn't exactly reliable all the time. I'd be happy with a starting PF\C rather than a big to play 10-15 minutes of the bench when we have Bird to be that guy.

Lebron23 06-12-2010 04:58 AM

Tyson Chandler

C- Chandler
F- Nene
F- Melo
G- JR
G- Billups

That team would beat the Lakers in the Conference Finals. A Motivated Chandler averaged 11 rpg in the NBA.

MeLO MvP 15 06-12-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebron23
Tyson Chandler

C- Chandler
F- Nene
F- Melo
G- JR
G- Billups

That team would beat the Lakers in the Conference Finals. A Motivated Chandler averaged 11 rpg in the NBA.

I completely agree.. Tyson would cancel out Bynum leaving Nene and Kenyon to work on Pau... with Bird off the bench....

I said the same thing in the the Tyson opt out thread, Nuggets should offer him 5 year full MLE... he wants to play on a contender and he would make a lot money while maintaining long term financial security...

But, one thing, outside of the playoffs I don't want him playing a lot of minutes every night because he is injury prone... so we would have to be cautious with him.... but he has 3 other legit bigs next to him so he shouldn't have to worry about the team needing him, meaning he doesn't have to rush himself back from injury so fast like he did in New Orleans (and i think it happened to an extent in Charlotte)

el gringos 06-12-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Demarcus Cousins even tho it's extremely unrealistic. Melo\Cousins\Lawson core going forward and than guys like Afflalo\Nene would seem pretty bright.

Jason Smith would be decent. Still don't think it would be enough tho. K-Mart\Nene can go down anytime and Birdman isn't exactly reliable all the time. I'd be happy with a starting PF\C rather than a big to play 10-15 minutes of the bench when we have Bird to be that guy.

Did you really mean that you would consider lawson a core guy and nene an other on a team? The core of carmelo/nene/jr is way better than a core of carmelo/cousins/lawson ----
I think smith w 1 more year on his rookie contract is worth a future 1st

kurple 06-13-2010 12:53 PM

Lawson is so much better than JR it's not even funny..

And I would take Cousins over Nene any day of the week

MeLO MvP 15 06-13-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurple
Lawson is so much better than JR it's not even funny..

And I would take Cousins over Nene any day of the week

this except... one thing is Nene is somewhat proven unlike Cousins who could potentially be a bust