Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173119)

HelterSkelter 05-06-2010 10:58 PM

In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin?
 




Posterize246 05-06-2010 11:12 PM

Re: In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin?
 
As a kid I was a huge Eddie George fan. My dad's best friend played with him at Ohio State.



he's #68. Loved both him and McNair. As for who was better? I would probably say George. Dude was a workhorse too. I remember Curtis had a couple seasons after 30 that were sick though.

simcjt 05-06-2010 11:27 PM

Re: In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin?
 
I'm partial to Eddie George being a Titian fan but I have to admit that I don't believe anyone worked harder than Martin and got less love then he did. Dude was no flash, just came to work every sunday till his knees were bone on bone

~primetime~ 05-07-2010 12:58 AM

Re: In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin?
 
I am 99.9999999% convinced that Martin was on roids in 2004

I can remember talking about that with freinds even when he was just going off out of no where...

I am almost sure of it...

no RB ever has a random monster year like that after their prime is well behind them...he knew his time was coming to an end, and he juiced it to hell that year...

KG215 05-07-2010 04:40 AM

Re: In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin?
 
I completely forgot about George's 1 year stint in Dallas.

~primetime~ 05-07-2010 05:46 AM

Re: In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KG215
I completely forgot about George's 1 year stint in Dallas.

yeah these comparisons have all included washed up stars dallas has picked up...

-George
-Bledsoe
-Keyshawn
-Galloway

who is next Helter?

-Zach Thomas
-Rocket Ishmail
-Roy E. Williams...:lol

InspiredLebowski 05-07-2010 05:48 AM

Re: In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin?
 
On numbers this is clearly Martin, I don't see how it's a discussion.

~primetime~ 05-07-2010 05:51 AM

Re: In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
On numbers this is clearly Martin, I don't see how it's a discussion.

well he does say "in their primes"...and Eddie had the monster 2000 year...I can remember the constant comparisons to Earl Campbell...

infact, I'll take 2000 Eddie George over any year Martin did...

HelterSkelter 05-07-2010 05:58 AM

Re: In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~primetime~
yeah these comparisons have all included washed up stars dallas has picked up...

-George
-Bledsoe
-Keyshawn
-Galloway

who is next Helter?

-Zach Thomas
-Rocket Ishmail
-Roy E. Williams...:lol



:oldlol: I think it's because every washed up star was being picked up by Dallas.. I don't mean anyhting bad...

It's from the Big tuna years.. since he loves veterans..

Jackass18 05-07-2010 06:11 AM

Re: In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~primetime~
well he does say "in their primes"...and Eddie had the monster 2000 year...I can remember the constant comparisons to Earl Campbell...

infact, I'll take 2000 Eddie George over any year Martin did...


3.7 ypc...

~primetime~ 05-07-2010 06:41 AM

Re: In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackass18
3.7 ypc...

good point...

even for a bruiser that sucks...or average at best

he only got of 4.0 twice in his career...that isn't good

I just hate the fact that I know Martin roided out...

Big League 05-24-2010 09:27 PM

Re: In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I am 99.9999999% convinced that Martin was on roids in 2004

I can remember talking about that with freinds even when he was just going off out of no where...

I am almost sure of it...

no RB ever has a random monster year like that after their prime is well behind them...he knew his time was coming to an end, and he juiced it to hell that year...

He played hurt in 2002 and 2003. In 2004 he was healthy for the first time since 2001. Was it because he was on steroids in 2004? That's difficult to say. This is the first time I've ever seen or heard somebody say Martin was cheating in 2004. I mean, I never even heard it hinted. Not a peep.

Jailblazers7 05-24-2010 09:33 PM

Re: In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin?
 
George carried the ball 453 times in 2000 counting his receptions. :oldlol:
That's totally absurd.

Anyways, I'm taking Martin. He had better production and a longer prime. 10 straight years with 1000k yards is damn impressive. Oh and he went to Pitt.

LbloodOjunkieG 05-25-2010 06:22 AM

Re: In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big League
He played hurt in 2002 and 2003. In 2004 he was healthy for the first time since 2001. Was it because he was on steroids in 2004? That's difficult to say. This is the first time I've ever seen or heard somebody say Martin was cheating in 2004. I mean, I never even heard it hinted. Not a peep.


Same here. I'm an avid football fan and frequent NFL forums, and I've never heard anyone hint at Curtis taking steroids. As for the original question, I'll take Curtis Martin.

Doomsday Dallas 05-25-2010 11:28 AM

Re: In their primes: Eddie George or Curtis Martin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I am 99.9999999% convinced that Martin was on roids in 2004

I can remember talking about that with freinds even when he was just going off out of no where...

I am almost sure of it...

no RB ever has a random monster year like that after their prime is well behind them...he knew his time was coming to an end, and he juiced it to hell that year...




I was about to say the same thing.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy