Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indiana Pacers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Other teams make your offers (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173159)

InspiredLebowski 05-07-2010 08:07 AM

Other teams make your offers

Indy's loaded with expirers for the summer of 2011. As the current roster stands we're at $65.7mm. After this coming season we dip to about $24mm with all the options.

Expiring contracts are:
Troy Murphy - $11.97mm
Mike Dunleavy Jr. - 10.56mm (really)
TJ Ford - 8.50mm
Jeff Foster - 6.6mm
Solo Jones - 1.5mm

Hansbrough (shade under $2 mill), Rush (~$2.1mm), Hibbert (~$1.7mm, good luck), AJ Price (partially guaranteed ~$750k) all on rookie deals. Hibbert and Rush at RFA time.

So, your team's got money tied up? Need to try and dump a contract? Want an elite stretch 4 who gets a lot of rebounds from teammates? Gimme a scenario you'd support.

*note: coaches unfortunately cannot be traded under the current CBA

jbot 05-07-2010 03:55 PM

Re: Other teams make your offers

i'd love for mikey jr. to get dealt. i'd take just about anything for him.

sobleski 05-08-2010 05:10 PM

agreed... dunleavy needs to go

jbot 05-09-2010 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sobleski
agreed... dunleavy needs to go

now that his daddy isn't a coach, who the hell wants him?

sobleski 05-09-2010 01:02 PM

O'Brien and bird apparently lol

jbot 05-09-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sobleski
O'Brien and bird apparently lol

maybe dunleavy sr. is an old drinkin buddy of theirs?

we just dug ourselves a bigger hole when we got rid of steven jackson. we took on 2 way overpaid player contracts in mikey jr. and murph. now i do like murph but not as the price we're paying for a tall jumpshooter. i think this was the start of our recent decline.

sobleski 05-09-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbot
maybe dunleavy sr. is an old drinkin buddy of theirs?

we just dug ourselves a bigger hole when we got rid of steven jackson. we took on 2 way overpaid player contracts in mikey jr. and murph. now i do like murph but not as the price we're paying for a tall jumpshooter. i think this was the start of our recent decline.

couldnt have said it better myself... if only we wouldnt have done that trade we could potentially be in the same place the warriors are now ( there not winning but they could trade monta, curry, randloph, biendris, watson and get really good value for anyone of them and turn into a contender)

InspiredLebowski 05-09-2010 11:57 PM

Jackson literally had to be traded. It was that or Eli Lilly (I think) pulls out of a major sponsorship deal.

In the end, it is what it is, we are where we are, cynicism and hindsight will get us nowhere.

SEEBASS1234 05-10-2010 09:36 AM

i was just trying to match up salaries and i couldnt do it. but could we somehow land igoudala?

jbot 05-10-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEEBASS1234
i was just trying to match up salaries and i couldnt do it. but could we somehow land igoudala?

i wish. our SG spot seems like it's been up for grabs the last couple of seasons. Dunleavy, D. Jones, Rush, not to mention the PGs who play the position now and then. who is our steady starter? our multiple lineups give that answer. nobody has played consitent enough. Dunleavy is made of glass, Jones is streaky and though Rush shows flashes of brilliance, how long will we wait for him to improve?

InspiredLebowski 05-11-2010 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEEBASS1234

Sure, there's all kindsa ways we could make a trade work money wise. If it's just whatever we ship out for just Iggy anyway. The question is their price for him, does Brand's deal have to be included? Iggy's deal isn't really all that great. If we could make it something like Dun (I doubt they'd want to add Murphy to all their bigs) + Rush + our pick for just Iggy I'd jump all over it, but I'd assume they could get something better.

Now something like that same deal but add Murphy and Brand, still works), you pass on that. Maybe if we keep our pick this year and gain Philly's, even then, did we wait all these years to bring on another massively overpaid longterm contract?

But if it's Dalembert instead of Brand, we can talk. He's still expiring next summer, and maybe we could keep our pick. I dunno, just throwing stuff out there.

el gringos 05-11-2010 01:42 PM

Indi trades tj ford + foster + rush- for - rip hamilton + ty lawson + birdman + maxiell
------
Det trades rip + ben g + villenueva + a daye + maxiell - for - tj ford + kenyon martin + rush + den 1st
-------
Denver trades ty lawson + kmart + birdman + 1st -for- ben G + villenueva + a daye + foster
----
Detroit would have to want to rebuild, but would have so much 11 expiring salaries in kmart, tj ford, in addition to prince (almost 40mill)
---
Indiana would still have its best expirer(murphy) to deal and imo would be in a lot better shape to begin getting better right now
----
Denver tries a new concept- building around carmelo with players that complement him
----
Great deal for nugs, I can see how detroit would only do it if they wanted to rebuild- would indiana take that deal?

InspiredLebowski 05-11-2010 02:47 PM

Can't see why Detroit would do it, it's basically flat out saying last offseason was a complete disaster and that Dumars would fire himself if he were the owner, but I'm game. Even more if you make it a re-signed Kwame (or whoever) on a 1 year deal for an immediate release instead of Maxiell. Rip's last year is unguaranteed right, so really he's got 2 years left?

Lawson/Price
Rip/Jones
Danny/Dunleavy
Murphy/Birdman/Hansbrough
Hibbert/McBob/Solo

That could be the start of something.

JerzeyBlaze 05-11-2010 05:10 PM

me being a fan of both the nets and the pacers, i would love to see Devin Harris and Danny Granger play together, whether that be on the Pacers or the NETS. Word is that the Pacers did inquire about Devin, and if the nets get the #1 pick and take wall, Devin to the pacers would be a great fit

TJ Ford, D. Jones, cash and/or picks for D. Harris and Yi Jianlian (if nets get #1 pick)

InspiredLebowski 05-11-2010 10:08 PM

I'm really not big on Harris, I think he's way too much of a scoring PG and not the type of guy that can lead your team to contender status.

BUT, if you can get him w/o giving up this year's pick for some kinda package like that, you gotta do it.