Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cavaliers exercise Leon Powe option (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174825)

insidehoops 05-18-2010 07:46 PM

Cavaliers exercise Leon Powe option

The Cleveland Cavaliers have exercised the team option on forward Leon Powe, Cavaliers General Manager Danny Ferry announced today from Cleveland Clinic Courts. Per league and team policy, terms of the contract were not announced.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5940

RedBlackAttack 05-18-2010 07:48 PM

Re: Cavaliers exercise Leon Powe option

I'm still holding out hope on Leon. If he continues to work, he could be an important piece on a very good team. No one really expected him to make an impact this past season, even the most optimistic fans. Another six months of treatment, rehabilitation, and work on getting his game legs back... You never know.

ashbelly 05-18-2010 07:49 PM

Way to go Ferry, i hope you got him for cheaper because this aint the way to convince lebron to stay. :ohwell:

RedBlackAttack 05-18-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashbelly
Way to go Ferry, i hope you got him for cheaper because this aint the way to convince lebron to stay. :ohwell:

Believe it or not, the Cavs will continue to play professional basketball in Cleveland whether LeBron stays or leaves. Moves will continue to be made and life will go on.

Leon has made a remarkable comeback from a near catastrophic injury and he should be lauded for his efforts. I'm glad the Cavs are rewarding him.

ashbelly 05-18-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Believe it or not, the Cavs will continue to play professional basketball in Cleveland whether LeBron stays or leaves. Moves will continue to be made and life will go on.

Leon has made a remarkable comeback from a near catastrophic injury and he should be lauded for his efforts. I'm glad the Cavs are rewarding him.

Thats true. Yeah but this Chump lebron should get out of my town if he continues to make us beg him.

BigTicket 05-18-2010 07:59 PM

Good decision :applause:

With Shaq leaving, and probably Z as well, we need another big man, and Powe can fill in nicely. He could end up seeing ~15 minutes per game the way things are looking right now.

BallPhunk 05-18-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'm still holding out hope on Leon. If he continues to work, he could be an important piece on a very good team. No one really expected him to make an impact this past season, even the most optimistic fans. Another six months of treatment, rehabilitation, and work on getting his game legs back... You never know.

I seriously thought he would make a big difference this year if he made it back. His toughness played a big part in Boston winning. Too bad he didn't recover in enough time this year. If LBJ is gone, it won't matter much...

Meticode 05-18-2010 08:27 PM

I'm glad they exercised his option. He was very solid in his come-back in his limited play.

Derka 05-18-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashbelly

**** if you don't want him, Boston would probably love him back.

pete's montreux 05-18-2010 08:39 PM

I held a candle-light vigil when I heard we weren't going to sign him.

Harison 05-18-2010 08:59 PM

Powe is great hustle guy with a big heart, Cavs are lucky to have him cheap and (hopefully) healthy from now on. Any team would be lucky to have such solid role player.

sixer6ad 05-18-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harison
Powe is great hustle guy with a big heart, Cavs are lucky to have him cheap and (hopefully) healthy from now on. Any team would be lucky to have such solid role player.

Very few people know exactly what's going to happen with this team, but this is a positive move. The story behind the story was that Powe chose Cleveland because of his AAU experience with Lebron. Him signing a contract GUARANTEES nothing about LBJ, but it does give us a player who has an impeccable reputation amongst the league. In addition, I still wonder if Andy and Boobie - good buddies of LBJ - sign long term contracts if they thought LBJ was leaving? I know...I know...they simply took the money and didn't worry about details.

jrong 05-19-2010 12:28 AM

Powe is a good player. I couldn't believe the Celts let him get away, let alone go to a major rival.

Wicked_1 05-19-2010 05:37 PM

i wish him the best of luck! i've been a big fan of his since back in his oakland tech days! you can do nothing but cheer for him! he's a hard work with a rough past and he just wants to succeed! he deserves it all! they should be doing stories on guys like him instead of aroggant and selfish cats in the league!

jbryan1984 05-19-2010 07:46 PM

Andy Varejao is under long term contract. I think till the 2015 season.