Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philadelphia 76ers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Sixers got the #2 Pick (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174844)

idizzle 05-18-2010 08:51 PM

Sixers got the #2 Pick

Can you say Evan Turner.

PHILA 05-18-2010 10:38 PM

Re: Sixers got the #2 Pick

Indeed. :cheers:

dj ys 05-19-2010 12:32 AM

Happy is an understatement... I'm drinking the night away :rockon: :cheers:

Im so nba'd out 05-19-2010 01:01 AM

derrick favors if i was drafting

IM JUST BULLSHITIN!!!!!!

artificial 05-19-2010 11:39 AM

I actually got a drink yesterday when I found out :banana:

idizzle 05-19-2010 02:56 PM

Some are saying that picking Evan Turner is not a wise pick. I say screw them.

A backcourt of Turner and Hoilday would be killer and it would allow AI2 to play his natural spot at the 3.

I've also heard that AI 2 could be traded and that the team could just simply rebuild and put Thaddeus Young at the 3.

Jailblazers7 05-19-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idizzle
Some are saying that picking Evan Turner is not a wise pick. I say screw them.

A backcourt of Turner and Hoilday would be killer and it would allow AI2 to play his natural spot at the 3.

I've also heard that AI 2 could be traded and that the team could just simply rebuild and put Thaddeus Young at the 3.

Doug Gotleib has us taking Wesley Johnson which will never happen. I think its either Evan Turner or a big.

idizzle 05-19-2010 09:08 PM

Doug Gotleib is a douche.

Jailblazers7 05-19-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idizzle
Doug Gotleib is a douche.

Yeah I had to laugh when I saw that.

I think its either Cousins or Turner, likely Turner. Favors is more of a project and I think has a bigger chance to be a bust than Cousins. Monroe is another skilled big who doesn't really play with his back to the basket. Guys like him are a lot easier to find than a traditional post player like Cousins. I like Monroe a lot but I really don't see a shot at us taking him.

Styles p 05-19-2010 10:52 PM

i want cousins you need a good big man to be successful in this league. we have to deal with howard all the time and dalembert aint cuttin it. i also think speights and cousins would play well together. cousins does the dirty work down low and speights kills them with the midrange shot. although i wouldn't mind turner either way ill be happy. lol i forgot this part of the forum existed.

Nets fan 93 05-19-2010 11:19 PM

You guys should go for cousins... Let the nets get Turner...

Californiafan 05-21-2010 06:39 PM

I just hope they don't screw this one up. The #2 pick doesn't land in your lap that often.

Jailblazers7 05-22-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styles p
i want cousins you need a good big man to be successful in this league. we have to deal with howard all the time and dalembert aint cuttin it. i also think speights and cousins would play well together. cousins does the dirty work down low and speights kills them with the midrange shot. although i wouldn't mind turner either way ill be happy. lol i forgot this part of the forum existed.

This is pretty much how I feel. I think we would really benefit from taking cousins but turner is a hell of a player so I'd be happy with him too. Idk about speights tho I've been very unimpressed with him and his progress.

Styles p 05-23-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
This is pretty much how I feel. I think we would really benefit from taking cousins but turner is a hell of a player so I'd be happy with him too. Idk about speights tho I've been very unimpressed with him and his progress.

im really not worried about speights. he was great his rookie year then he started out great last year. until he got injured and rushed back and playing under eddie jordan i expect a good year from speights.

iggy> 05-30-2010 02:34 AM

if we dont get turner...