Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Orlando Magic Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Adjustments Magic have to make going into game 3 vs Celtics (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174881)

bhallic24 05-19-2010 12:15 AM

Adjustments Magic have to make going into game 3 vs Celtics
 
Honestly, I think theres about a 99% chance this series is over. So much for an entertaining conference final. But just for sh1ts and giggles, lets see what types of adjustments or changes you would do if SVG got fired or just quit out of frustration and you now had to coach the Magic back from a 0-2 hole.

Personally, I'd use the personnel differently. I never liked SVG's use of Rashard Lewis at the 4. He's a horrible rebounder and low post defender at the PF spot. And oh btw, he's been making Mo Williams look good this series. He can't really defend KG, can't make a three, and just looks completely lost on offense.

I'd take him to the bench. switch in Gortat at the 4. Having lewis at the 4 puts too much pressure on Dhow to serve as both a C and PF since he really doesn't get help down low.

Or maybe, I'd try and experiment with Howard, Gortat, VC, Rashard, Nelson.
Because I think playing against a less physical Ray Allen may just do him wonders. I'd bench Matt Barnes too since his back is definitely affecting him.

Problem is Boston has tons of counters because their personell is just better.
The rondo-KG pick and roll is seriously deadly against Dwight howard if boston keeps using it. Howard can't cover rondo and kg both and nelson is easily picked off and rendered useless.

pete's montreux 05-19-2010 12:15 AM

Re: Adjustments Magic have to make?
 
Score more points than us.

kidachi 05-19-2010 12:17 AM

Re: Adjustments Magic have to make?
 
stop giving the ball to Nelson.. or lessen it..

PP34Deuce 05-19-2010 12:23 AM

Re: Adjustments Magic have to make?
 
Tell Vince to take his skirt off.....


Honestly When it comes to Finals its coaching. Doc has been a better coach throughout his years. StanVG has a lot of talent on that team and really doesnt know how to utilize it.

Kenny Smith said it best. we are a leaky faucet. We have 2 guys that can consistently carry the game.

bhallic24 05-19-2010 12:23 AM

Re: Adjustments Magic have to make?
 
wait is Brandon Bass on the magic roster or on dal? If he is, I'd use him more too. Guy is underrated. Plus his jumper can spread out the low post for dhow to work.

t-rex 05-19-2010 12:30 AM

Re: Adjustments Magic have to make?
 
Folks, this series is over.

I don't know if it will be a sweep. But there is no way the Magic can win 4 of 5 against these Celtics.


Boston won tonight with Ray Allen only scoring 4 points on 1-6 FG shooting.


Think about it.


The Magic and Celtics have played two games. Both in Orlando. The Celtics have had double digit leads in the second half of both games. In fact I could be wrong but I don't think the Magic have led by more than 2 points at any point of the first two games. That says a lot!

This series really has not been close.

hawkfan 05-19-2010 12:34 AM

Re: Adjustments Magic have to make?
 
Fire SVG - the best adjustment they can make. Do it now.

AMISTILLILL 05-19-2010 12:36 AM

Re: Adjustments Magic have to make?
 
Start Williams. Seriously. True PG who will pass first. This isn't the Jason Williams of old who chucked up ridiculous three's. He takes shots when no one else is open. Nelson is cold.

No more Shard at the 4 spot.

More Gortat and Howard in at the same time.

Less minutes for Carter if he's missing shots early. More minutes for Redick.

What do they have to lose? Some of these switch outs actually worked in their favor quite a bit tonight.

bhallic24 05-19-2010 12:47 AM

Re: Adjustments Magic have to make?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
Start Williams. Seriously. True PG who will pass first. This isn't the Jason Williams of old who chucked up ridiculous three's. He takes shots when no one else is open. Nelson is cold.

No more Shard at the 4 spot.

More Gortat and Howard in at the same time.

Less minutes for Carter if he's missing shots early. More minutes for Redick.

What do they have to lose? Some of these switch outs actually worked in their favor quite a bit tonight.


yea they need a lineup makeover. and you know what really pisses me off about VC? More than missing the 2 FTs? The fact that he can get to the rim anytime he wants and instead of going up strong, he fades away! WTF? This is called playing to your opponents. stop being such a ***** and take it to the hole like a man. You'd never see lebron fade away 2 ft from the basket after a drive. SVG needs to talk to this kid.

dbugz 05-19-2010 12:54 AM

Re: Adjustments Magic have to make going into game 3 vs Celtics
 
Where the hell is Bass? is he injured or something?

Dwight is the only one one who play in the inside for the Magic, there's no one there to take any offensive rebounds at least. The dude badly need a help inside.

Lakers13 05-19-2010 12:56 AM

Re: Adjustments Magic have to make going into game 3 vs Celtics
 
Make their 3's and hope Lewis wakes up

AK47DR91 05-19-2010 01:00 AM

Re: Adjustments Magic have to make?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rex
Folks, this series is over.

I don't know if it will be a sweep. But there is no way the Magic can win 4 of 5 against these Celtics.


Boston won tonight with Ray Allen only scoring 4 points on 1-6 FG shooting.


Think about it.


The Magic and Celtics have played two games. Both in Orlando. The Celtics have had double digit leads in the second half of both games. In fact I could be wrong but I don't think the Magic have led by more than 2 points at any point of the first two games. That says a lot!

This series really has not been close.


Only way this will be a series if Orlando has more of one player having a great performance during a game.

Game 1: Carter and Nelson had a good but not great. Dwight was awful.
Game 2: Dwight was great. Nelson, Carter, Lewis...all sucked.
Gortat and Reddick have been a sparkplug off the bench bbut you can't win with two role players.

Boston had Pierce, Ray and Sheed offensively, and defensively had KG and KP for Game 1. Game 2 had Pierce and Rondo on the offense with some extra scoring from Perkins and Davis too. Garnett has been pretty bad offensively both games but still great on the D.

Killbot 05-19-2010 01:03 AM

Re: Adjustments Magic have to make going into game 3 vs Celtics
 
Give JJ Reddick more minutes to defend Ray Allen, but don't let him have the ball at the end of the game.
Give Marcin Gortat more minutes because he can rebound very well and can help bolster a run.
Allow Brandon Bass to play. If he's rebounding and hustling, then keep him in.

This may or may not work, but I would try something like this:
Nelson
Reddick
Barnes
Bass/Gortat
Bass/Howard

Williams
Carter
Pietrus
Bass/Gortat
Bass/Howard

Amil23 05-19-2010 01:03 AM

Re: Adjustments Magic have to make going into game 3 vs Celtics
 
hit shots.They are nothing more than a bunch of stand still shooters who make a living off teams doubling Dwight and getting open shots.Now that Dwight is getting shut down in 1 on 1 situations,no more open 3s and they are being exposed as guys who cant get their own shots with the exception of VC.Nothing is going to change

bhallic24 05-19-2010 01:06 AM

Re: Adjustments Magic have to make going into game 3 vs Celtics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killbot
Give JJ Reddick more minutes to defend Ray Allen, but don't let him have the ball at the end of the game.
Give Marcin Gortat more minutes because he can rebound very well and can help bolster a run.
Allow Brandon Bass to play. If he's rebounding and hustling, then keep him in.

This may or may not work, but I would try something like this:
Nelson
Reddick
Barnes
Bass/Gortat
Bass/Howard

Williams
Carter
Pietrus
Bass/Gortat
Bass/Howard


yea I mean at this point, reddick has proven he can and should get minutes. But the key is still the bigs. Rashard lewis should be playing 0 minutes at PF. Bass and Gortat own that spot. If SVG starts Lewis at the 4 next game, I might as well turn the game off bc we all know the result.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy