Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Rockets trying to get the 3rd or 4th pic? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174890)

Q.E.C 05-19-2010 01:54 AM

Rockets trying to get the 3rd or 4th pic?

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Who could we be trying to get?

YouGotServed 05-19-2010 06:03 AM

Re: Rockets trying to get the 3rd or 4th pic?

I have no idea, but I hope Rockets make a push to get a decent pick.

Jordandunk23 05-20-2010 03:36 AM

3rd of 4th huh... gut feeling tells me its Demarcus Cousinz. From what Iv been hearing, he's supposed to be the next good center to come into the league, but its weird how he's projected to be around the 5th pick. Usually a center of his hype would be 1 or 2. A huge concern i notice about his kid though is his explosiveness and work ethic

We all know John Wall is gone at 1. Everybody is saying Evan turner at 2 and rightfully so, he seems to be the 2nd best talent in this draft after Wall and if we trade up that's really the only player i might take a gamble on. doubt he falls at 3 or 4 though.

i don't know, its supposed to be a deep draft so we'll just have to see what the rockets do with this lottery pick. i think we end up trading it.

el gringos 05-21-2010 03:15 PM

Its motiejunas- he will be a top 5 pick- he should be a top 2 pick- these experts are way off right now and the real decision makers aren't going to tip their hands on who they're going after- so as long as everybody believes it they'll keep saying turner is #2- there will be a lot of teams going after motiejunas- he could be a great fit for the rockets- alongside yao would be tough to defend

Jordandunk23 05-22-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el gringos
Its motiejunas- he will be a top 5 pick- he should be a top 2 pick- these experts are way off right now and the real decision makers aren't going to tip their hands on who they're going after- so as long as everybody believes it they'll keep saying turner is #2- there will be a lot of teams going after motiejunas- he could be a great fit for the rockets- alongside yao would be tough to defend

oh no i hope not. im sorry but i am quite biased againts these european players. i dont understand why so many teams take such a high draft pick and gamble on potential. all this hype about potential but lack performance. The european 7 footer are all the same, they can shoot the 3 but they can't post up, can't rebound at all, can't defend at all, and are weak. the dirk nowitzki type. i don't know, maybe with yao it would be a good fit but i just don't understand the infatuation with the nowitzki and bargnani types.

mattevans11 05-23-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
oh no i hope not. im sorry but i am quite biased againts these european players. i dont understand why so many teams take such a high draft pick and gamble on potential. all this hype about potential but lack performance. The european 7 footer are all the same, they can shoot the 3 but they can't post up, can't rebound at all, can't defend at all, and are weak. the dirk nowitzki type. i don't know, maybe with yao it would be a good fit but i just don't understand the infatuation with the nowitzki and bargnani types.

i usually feel this way too, but i am no longer fit to second guess the best gm in the league

Jordandunk23 05-23-2010 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattevans11
i usually feel this way too, but i am no longer fit to second guess the best gm in the league

agreed. i would never second guess our gm. i trust in whatever decision he decides to make.