Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   K. Mart (what's happening with him) ? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175558)

Jasper 05-24-2010 09:32 PM

K. Mart (what's happening with him) ?

2010 has him in a player option.
I haven't heard a word , so I am assuming he is planning on staying.

Would the Nuggets consider trading him , or do you think he is a lifer in a Nugget uni ?

I always liked his fear not attitude and plays with passion most times I see him.

Any news or thoughts about him ?

MeLO MvP 15 05-25-2010 08:56 PM

Re: K. Mart (what's happening with him) ?

they will definately trade him... his expirerer is valuable to a lot teams... at the deadline we could get a Chris Kaman type player for his contract

el gringos 05-26-2010 11:57 PM

Yeah he has to be traded- its a gigantic waste if he isn't and his contract expires while w denver- I don't see how you expect an all star level player though, he's just an expiring contract(I would love to see him traded and then released by that team and signed back to the nugs)
---

kurple 05-27-2010 07:03 AM

I would only trade him we get something we need in return.

KMart -4- Okafor and Posey

airchibundo507 05-27-2010 03:21 PM

We could possibly trade him, but next year's free agent market is relatively weak, which would lessen his trade value. I honestly wouldn't mind keeping him. He can re-sign after his contract expires. He is a solid role player. He plays defense and rebounds. If it were up to me, I would trade Nene for some a big who can score/rebound. Nene has the highest trade value of all the potential trade assets.

NuggetsFan 05-27-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurple
I would only trade him we get something we need in return.

KMart -4- Okafor and Posey

This. I'm going to be sad to see K-Mart go even tho his contract is BRUTAL. Brings so much physicality\toughness to the team as well as very good defense. Helps with the playoffs. But with his contract being valuable and injuries always a concern hopefully Denver does something with it.

el gringos 05-27-2010 06:00 PM

How could anyone following the nuggets for more than a season or 2 not see how crippling kmarts contract has been on the franchise? No team has given more and brought in less- all to save money, and it was the biggest contract on the books killing it by being the teams 5th or so best player- have you not noticed that its been since who earl watson that the nugs have signed an above min-wage player?
-----
Okafor and posey? Are you thinking at all about the pieces the team already has? Biedrins + radmonovic would be much better for nugs than okafor/posey- or are you saying you'd rather see okafor bricking 15 footers than kenyon- but altleast hed still make sure there was always a double or triple team coming at carmelo or nene- and okafor is not as good as some of you must think and isn't big enough to defend centers
------
Kenyon HAS TO BE TRADED- great players won't come back and the nugs would have to add things to the trade, but some value and a lot better balance to the roster could be had
-----
Besides spencer hawes being a great fit with carmelo and nene and making them both better. the reason I think beno udrih and nocione would be great value out of kmart are they both have contracts that expire along with billups, nene, and carmelo - and if the deal was kmart + lawson + balkman for hawes + beno + nocioni + d green it would save money now (maybe allow the team to go after a mle type free agent- would also give a gaurd to be the playmaker of the 2nd unit and not have to use jr for that anymore

kurple 05-27-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
This. I'm going to be sad to see K-Mart go even tho his contract is BRUTAL. Brings so much physicality\toughness to the team as well as very good defense. Helps with the playoffs. But with his contract being valuable and injuries always a concern hopefully Denver does something with it.

+10000

kurple 05-27-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el gringos
How could anyone following the nuggets for more than a season or 2 not see how crippling kmarts contract has been on the franchise? No team has given more and brought in less- all to save money, and it was the biggest contract on the books killing it by being the teams 5th or so best player- have you not noticed that its been since who earl watson that the nugs have signed an above min-wage player?
-----
Okafor and posey? Are you thinking at all about the pieces the team already has? Biedrins + radmonovic would be much better for nugs than okafor/posey- or are you saying you'd rather see okafor bricking 15 footers than kenyon- but altleast hed still make sure there was always a double or triple team coming at carmelo or nene- and okafor is not as good as some of you must think and isn't big enough to defend centers
------
Kenyon HAS TO BE TRADED- great players won't come back and the nugs would have to add things to the trade, but some value and a lot better balance to the roster could be had
-----
Besides spencer hawes being a great fit with carmelo and nene and making them both better. the reason I think beno udrih and nocione would be great value out of kmart are they both have contracts that expire along with billups, nene, and carmelo - and if the deal was kmart + lawson + balkman for hawes + beno + nocioni + d green it would save money now (maybe allow the team to go after a mle type free agent- would also give a gaurd to be the playmaker of the 2nd unit and not have to use jr for that anymore

1) Okafor >>> Biedrins and Vlad-Rad

Biedrins can't finsish outside 2 feet nor defend and is the worst FT shooter in the league. And I'm not a huge fan of Vlad-Rad (look at his %'s).

2) Why do you want a jump shooting C/PF?
Look at the Lakers and Celtics:
PF: Tall post up players who can hit the mid range jumper (Gasol and Garnett)
C: A banger who can defend, rebound, block shots and put the ball in the basket (Bynum and Perkins)

Put Nene or Bosh at PF and you have the post up player who can hit the mid range jumper and put Okafor at center and get the banger down low every championship team needs.

You don't need a jumpshooting big unless you have Dwight Howard down there and we don't.

3) Trading Lawson would be the biggest mistake ever. I know you have hated him from day one, but the boy is gonna be huge for this team.

MeLO MvP 15 05-28-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

1) Okafor >>> Biedrins and Vlad-Rad

Biedrins can't finsish outside 2 feet nor defend and is the worst FT shooter in the league. And I'm not a huge fan of Vlad-Rad (look at his %'s).

2) Why do you want a jump shooting C/PF?
Look at the Lakers and Celtics:
PF: Tall post up players who can hit the mid range jumper (Gasol and Garnett)
C: A banger who can defend, rebound, block shots and put the ball in the basket (Bynum and Perkins)

Put Nene or Bosh at PF and you have the post up player who can hit the mid range jumper and put Okafor at center and get the banger down low every championship team needs.

You don't need a jumpshooting big unless you have Dwight Howard down there and we don't.

3) Trading Lawson would be the biggest mistake ever. I know you have hated him from day one, but the boy is gonna be huge for this team.

agree on everything you said... the team needs a big guy like Perkins or Bynum to move Nene to PF (or get Bosh)... and at least Okafor is a good defender... Jump shooting bigs are way over-rated, they tend to be soft and bad defenders... also Lawson could end up being the face of our franchise... and gringos you hate LAwson...idk why, but you always to want to trade him

el gringos 05-29-2010 11:19 AM

The whole team should be built around what's best for carmelo- and the best thing would be to get him back to more of an inside player- atleast inside/out instead of outside/in- an outside shooting c/pf would do that
----
Lawson was better than I thought (at finishing, and shooting) but is not a future starter on a good team- he is an offense only player and doesn't initiate the offense or create shots for others outside of the fast break- something has to be added to a trade, lawson is the most easily replaced part of the team - believe it or not there are hundreds of gaurds that would have seemed like a huge step up from ac
------
I'd love to keep lawson as a 4th/5th gaurd but you could never want him starting and I don't think you want him in the rotation if you want a balanced offense or defense- he is a change of pace/energy player, not a future starter or future "face of the team"
--------
I want to see a more balanced team and think it comes from a gaurd who can defend and a big or 2 that can shoot

kurple 05-30-2010 08:50 AM

u my friend are an idiot.. you want the best for the Nuggets and i love that, but you don't know basketball or at least whats best for the team

el gringos 05-30-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

u my friend are an idiot.. you want the best for the Nuggets and i love that, but you don't know basketball or at least whats best for the team

That's exactly how I feel about you and a couple of these other kids- I've tried to understand what you want- but there is no pattern to what you want- you think its video game basketball where you just add up the overall individual rankings to get your team- I know that basketball is about complementing your best players with role players- whatever makes you feel good, but its very clear who doesn't understand the game of basketball

airchibundo507 05-30-2010 02:33 PM

I understand your fondness towards big men who can shoot and spread the floor, but I could give a damn about outside shooting unless a big man is capable of rebounding and playing defense. Rasheed Wallace would be a good player for this team, despite how he played in the regular season. I don't see how you can think that Bargnani over KMart would make us a better team. Sure, he spreads the floor on offense and makes it a bit easier for Melo to score. He doesn't rebound half as well as KMart and is among the worst defensive big men in the league. Our defense gets sh*ttier and our rebounding gets sh*ttier. Both of those aspects are what elite teams focus on. The negatives outweight the positives.

We can make it easier for Melo simply by surrounding him with another scoring option. Nene and JR are too inconsistent and were nonexistent in the postseason. CB would do better as a third option than as a second option for the team. Some other consistent scoring option that operated from the post would allow Melo to score by taking the pressure off of him and letting him play off the ball. Melo is one of the best players in the league at creating easy scoring opportunities for himself without the ball. It's how he was able to lead Team USA is scoring as often as he did without being a dominating ball handler like James, Wade, and Kobe.

MeLO MvP 15 05-30-2010 10:01 PM

the best realistic fit next to Carmelo would probably be a legit big like Kaman or Bogut. Gringos stfu, really you are so obsessed with a 3 point shooting big man and it's annoying, idk why you dont like lawson either, Maybe he took your high school sweetheart or something but this kid can ball and will be a future all star...

seriously gringos you are like that guy who insists every except for him is wrong and the whole world is against him...

come on now,
btw, sorry for sounding like this is a hate post it just pisses me off how you think you could call everyone stupid, when clearly you are a dumb@ss