Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dallas Mavericks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The offical Devean George sucks thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17592)

mhsbasketball 11-12-2006 10:08 PM

The offical Devean George sucks thread

Why did dallas get this guy, he hasnt made a single shot so far, and is a career 39% shooter. Its bad enough we got stackhouse, but at least stackhouse gets to the line and has been playing well this season. All george does is shoot from the outside, and only good thing is his 3 point shot, which has been sub par in the last 3 seasons.

Hawker 11-12-2006 11:30 PM

aver said he played well against the snus

MFFL 11-12-2006 11:41 PM

Give him a chance. He's new to the team and organization. He'll warm up

lakerfreak 11-13-2006 12:27 AM

its also called veteran leadership.
Who better to have than someone with three rings and a decent contributor and great defender ooff the bench?

dirkdiggler41 11-13-2006 06:47 AM

he has been sick so he is not in shape at all after what I have understood

lakerfreak 11-13-2006 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
he has been sick so he is not in shape at all after what I have understood

still sick??? crap I didnt know it was that bad.

Silent Mav 11-13-2006 05:28 PM

Evidently it was a reaction or allergy to some food he ate. A lot of what he does will not show up in the boxscore. Avery even admits he was a big plus in the Suns game. His shot and conditioning are off right now, but you can bet he will hit a big one somewhere down the line. Since he's been back they've been able to dnp Croshere last two games. Which the Mavs have won. Coincidence?

LiL Stevie 11-13-2006 08:27 PM

Man I don't know why Austin Croshere has played so poorly. He had a good first game but now he sucks.

TEXAS BATMAN 11-13-2006 09:06 PM

In the games against those guys from LA, not the team Brand plays for, I think it was George that impacted the games more than that shooting guard of theirs. It was just all the little things he did. Much like Josh Howard used to before he started concentrating more on scoring. Once he gets acclimated, he'll produce big plays. The guy's got game. Season's not even a dozen games in yet. He's a veteran role player. He'll find his niche.

gts 11-13-2006 10:09 PM

i am a long time laker fan, i never go into other teams forums and troll, if i have something to contribute i do, but i don't feel it's my place to harass those trying to have an intelligent conversation about their team...that being said, all i can say is hahahahahaha you got stuck with george, the biggest bust to ever play basketball, the guy is not basketball smart, he will make the dumbest mistakes you have ever seen.... hahahaha my lord what was cuban thinking... you folks can try to justify having him in a mavericks uniform if you need to but the best thing that can happen to the mavs is if george is on injured reserve all season hahaha ok j/k

lakerfreak 11-14-2006 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
In the games against those guys from LA, not the team Brand plays for, I think it was George that impacted the games more than that shooting guard of theirs. It was just all the little things he did. Much like Josh Howard used to before he started concentrating more on scoring. Once he gets acclimated, he'll produce big plays. The guy's got game. Season's not even a dozen games in yet. He's a veteran role player. He'll find his niche.

yeah George was definitely MVP. I dont know why Phil didn't utilize george more. Kobe only hit big shots and had big games against the mavs. that was it. but george sure helped keep those seats warm for everyone to come take a rest. he also missed many shots that gave our team offensive rebounds and put backs. George was also one of the last inconsistent lakers from our championships.

:stupid: :hammerhead:

kentatm 11-14-2006 02:16 AM

yes, DG sucks. i dont want him or Stack on the team.

TEXAS BATMAN 11-14-2006 10:02 AM

[quote=lakerfreak]yeah George was definitely MVP. I dont know why Phil didn't utilize george more. Kobe only hit big shots and had big games against the mavs. that was it. but george sure helped keep those seats warm for everyone to come take a rest. he also missed many shots that gave our team offensive rebounds and put backs. George was also one of the last inconsistent lakers from our championships.[quote]

With posts like that it's no wonder why Laker fans are considered the most dense on the board. Where would the Lakers be without Big Shot Bob? Where would they be without George's hustle plays? Where would the Spurs be without Bruce Bowen's defense? Superstars win seats. TEAMS win championships. Mike had more scoring titles than anybody playing in the league at the time before he got his first ring. Because he had guys willing to do the dirty work.

People expected George to blossom into something he couldn't become. A legit second option. Flashes were there but the guy's a career role player. You guys watch the games to see how many points Kobe'll score or tune into to Sportcenter for the play of the night. I watch the games and notice who's play shifts the momentum. Do me a favor and don't come into the Mavs forum making faces over sour grapes. We don't serve cheese for that whine.

gts 11-14-2006 11:22 PM

for those of you expecting some kind of playoff greatness from george heres some playoff numbers, now remember that during his 7 years with the lakers they won three championships....
games played 75, avg minutes played 20, avg pts 5.0, rebounds 2.6, assists .07, blocks.3, steals .6, free throw avg of 66% and a 44% shooter, all this while garnering a PER of 11.3 that's someplace in between benoit bengamin and chuck nevitt, the guy is a stiff...

MagicToWorthy 11-16-2006 05:53 PM

The guy was "aight". He was mainly a player that stood outside and got his licks in when Shaq was kicking out the ball for an outside three. I wouldn't put too much stock in George. As it was, when the Lakers gave him his ONLY big contract of like 4 years or something, I wasn't in favor of it, and thats after having won 2 champs with him. I personally only found him to be good when he got clutch rebounds off of hustle plays, which was hardly ever. He used to get Angry WAY too fast on the court, there were plenty of times when he'd throw the ball into the stands at the end of games or even PUNT the ball into the stands, not exactly a HIGH CHARACTER guy in my book. Yeah he's a role player but there are plenty of other guys that are role guys that I'd rather have. I'd watch out for the Punting of the ball into the stands Mav's fans, its his little trade mark. Good luck with this guy, you're gonna need it.

P.S. I resent the comment from Texas that we're dense, blanket statements like that aren't for ANY forum sir.:no: