Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Portland Trail Blazers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Thoughts on GM status (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177187)

Myth 06-07-2010 05:09 PM

Thoughts on GM status

So, I'm sure by now you've all heard about KP potentially being shown the door, so I'm not even going to bother with links to such rumors. Normally, I try not to look too much into rumors, but these rumors have been floating around for months and none of the Blazers brass have denied them, which is usually the case after persistent rumors. This makes me think he is gone some time after the draft. What do you guys think of this situation, do you think he should go or stay, and if he does get the boot, who could we get to replace him?

Kumo 06-13-2010 01:46 AM

Re: Thoughts on GM status

I've heard that he talked smack about Paul Allen or something. If that's true, I'll just say this... If you disrespect your boss in any other job, you get fired, why should he be an exception?

I think he's a good GM, another team will love to have him, but I never thought that Aldridge/Roy was some mastermind plan... we just got lucky.

blazerjimmy 06-13-2010 10:11 AM

I just posted over on the NBA Forum about Pritchard - I've liked the majority of his moves, with the exception of how he handled the whole Darius Miles BS with Memphis.

I still think we could have gotten Claver in the second round last year and we could have selected Omri Casspi or BJ Mullens in the first round.

I can't even bring myself to mention the player we could have gotten, who the Spurs stole in the second round...

Long story short, I think Pritchard has done an outstanding job and if he did talk crap about his boss, then he's lucky to be pulling a paycheck...and for the record, I heard the rumor about Jerry West and I have no desire to have him as our GM.....

Myth 06-13-2010 04:09 PM

The rumor I heard regarding KP was that Penn was fired for saying something inappropriate to or about a woman who worked with the company, and KP didn't back up Paul Allen and the rest of the organization. Maybe that is also where the 'KP said something bad about Paul Allen' possibility comes from as well.

ksblazer 06-24-2010 10:46 PM

At the begining of the draft ESPN announced that this is KP's last day with the Blazers.

So I don't expect anything to exciting to happen:ohwell:

Kumo 06-25-2010 04:14 AM

I think he had a pretty good draft too... even though he knew he was fired.

Thanks KP.

ksblazer 06-25-2010 12:05 PM

Maybe it is just from suffering through the Bob Whitset & jailblazer years and all. But I really liked what KP had done to turn this franchise around. I'm kinda suprised that they would let him go. Even though it's been rumored.

I understand the Oden pick hasn't worked out like we'd hoped so far . But he was the consenus No.1 pick just like John Wall is this year.

I also understand the team hasn't gotten out of the 1st round of the playoffs. But they appear to be getting better and better talent wise. Last year towards the end of the regular season. I was starting to get worried that they may not even make the playoffs, with all the injuries they had. Then KP goes out and gets Camby. After he gels with the team they were playing good ball at the end of the year. If that didn't happen. I don't think they make the playoffs. I don't understand what more KP could have done?

Anyway who out there is better than KP that we are looking to replace him with now?:confusedshrug:

blazerjimmy 06-28-2010 04:11 PM

Heard Danny Ferry's name mentioned

Myth 06-28-2010 04:43 PM

I could live with that. I felt he did a good job getting talent around James, it just didn't work out.

TheCord#20 06-29-2010 12:21 AM

I would like to thank KP for all he did (or didn't*) do. I liked him, but i'm not Paul Allen. I'm still a fan of this team and i think our biggest issue is health, not the GM firing. I like out draft and i can't wait to see these guys mix it up in summer league (wish Williams was playing too).