Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Memphis Grizzlies Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pau to get some much needed booz (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1774)

Grizzledrook 06-18-2006 05:01 PM

Pau to get some much needed booz

The grizzlies are now in talks to get carlos boozer of the jazz.He would be a big help to grizz,for obvious reasons.He would immediately come in as the second best player.Pau would finally have help on the block to rebound and be a force on both ends.They would then just need a decent point guard that can run and an atheletic explosive two or three,and they might be able to win some playoff games.

Jerm 06-18-2006 05:05 PM

The should sign Vince Carter in '07 when he's a FA. Vince/Pau=Wow!

Iskrah 06-18-2006 05:05 PM

"Decent" help won't get the Grizzlies much farther. They are 2 considerable steps behind the big names...

AKADS 06-18-2006 05:18 PM

Who are they talking about giving up for Boozer.

Miller
Cardinal

For

Boozer

The Deal works under the CBA. Wonder what the Jazz will want in return.

MaxFly 06-18-2006 05:27 PM

This is an interesting move...

Basketbolero 06-18-2006 05:31 PM

Boozer could be a good upgrade, but it depends on who they give up for him. They would better try to get a reliable center, if there is still anyone out there.

fatboy11 06-18-2006 05:35 PM

I'm sure Eddie Jones would be involved in any deal for Carlos Boozer.

geeWiz15 06-18-2006 05:37 PM

Best defensive team in the nba? no more.

AKADS 06-18-2006 05:46 PM

Eddie Jone make to much to be involved with this deal. If he was the Jazz would have to give up another player in this deal. I still think it will be a Miller + Filler for Boozer. Cardinal make the most sence as the filler because his contract makes this deal work. MAybe the Jazz will want a pick or Hakim.

Still seems like a wierd deal why would a defencive team want to force Pau or Boozer to gaurd centers.

wang4three 06-18-2006 05:52 PM

Boozer sucks.

Grizzledrook 06-18-2006 06:06 PM

I dont think boozer sucks,he is kenyon martin with out the thug attitude.My problem with him ,is his health he has been hurt every year. But when he was healthy him and andrei play great together.Booz is a duke built player who plays for the teams needs not his own.Like the move,but at this point I will take anybody here in memphis that is not another damn role player or ''really good guy off the court''.

geeWiz15 06-18-2006 06:12 PM

no, Boozer most definitely sucks. Kmart is a good defensive player, at least. Mediocre offense and good rebounding isn't enough to make you a good player. Anybody can do what Boozer does offensively. Troy Murphy for example. While being less of an injury risk and not as much of an overpaid liability.

wang4three 06-18-2006 06:13 PM

Kenyon and Booze are not alike. Boozer is a better rebounder and a more consistent scorer. Kenyon is a wayyyyyyyyyyy better defender and role player. He moves well off the ball and is never a liability, which cannot be said about Carlos.

Qwyjibo 06-18-2006 06:13 PM

Quote:

Wonder what the Jazz will want in return.
White people, so yea... you're deal would work.

Grizzledrook 06-18-2006 06:27 PM

When I say the same player I mean they are both intimidating pf's.They are both in your face talk **** with there dunks kinda guys.Kenyon has gotten a more consistent jumper over the last two years,but he is still a liability in the locker room.He was seen make fun of alonzo for not beign able to run cause of his injury.Thats just kenyon though he is an immature out of control player.Look back to the playoffs he was banned cause he probably talked **** about his team for losing.He is overpaid for what he brings.However he is good on both ends a great leaper,fast moves on post, nice ball handling, shot is not that bad,and has good hands.He is better then boozer I agree but in terms of style there alot alike.I would take both guys on my team over the talent that the grizz have in terms of centers and forwards.