Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   If my team takes (Blank) it will ruin my draft night (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178773)

Posterize246 06-19-2010 11:06 PM

If my team takes (Blank) it will ruin my draft night

For me it's anyone but Turner but curious for what everyone else has

InspiredLebowski 06-19-2010 11:09 PM

Re: If my team takes (Blank) it will ruin my draft night

Gordon Hayward, Daniel Orton, Cole Aldrich. If they take any of them to keep anyway.

Jailblazers7 06-20-2010 02:47 AM

Favors.

Buffalobraves 06-20-2010 03:53 AM

Eric Bledsoe

BigTicket 06-20-2010 08:55 AM

My team doesn't have any picks, so I can't really answer.

There is one thing that would ruin my draft night though, if the Warriors pick Demarcus Cousins. Just seems like a complete waste, as he couldn't possibly be a worse fit.

UConnCeltics 06-20-2010 09:41 AM

Someone who won't ever play. I mean seriously, Boston hasn't had an impact rookie since Glen Davis. And he is not even that good. If Paul George is available and the Celtics pass, I am going to be pissed beyond belief.

BigTicket 06-20-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Someone who won't ever play. I mean seriously, Boston hasn't had an impact rookie since Glen Davis. And he is not even that good. If Paul George is available and the Celtics pass, I am going to be pissed beyond belief.

There's no way Paul George drops all the way to 19th.

As the injury to Perkins showed you're a bit lacking when it comes to bigmen, so maybe someone like Alabi/Whiteside/Orton would be a good pick at that spot.

Kebab Stall 06-20-2010 10:39 AM

Taking Bledsoe with the 12th would seriously piss me off. Anyone other than George, Patterson, Udoh or Henry with the 12th, would also piss me off, but not nearly as much as taking Bledsoe.

BigTicket 06-20-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Taking Bledsoe with the 12th would seriously piss me off. Anyone other than George, Patterson, Udoh or Henry with the 12th, would also piss me off, but not nearly as much as taking Bledsoe.

Personally I think you're going to get Babbitt with the 12th pick. He'll fill a need if Rudy Gay leaves for a huge contract, and he has a very high basketball IQ which I remember the Grizzlies saying they wanted.

Kebab Stall 06-20-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTicket
Personally I think you're going to get Babbitt with the 12th pick. He'll fill a need if Rudy Gay leaves for a huge contract, and he has a very high basketball IQ which I remember the Grizzlies saying they wanted.

I was just about to come in here and say that Babbitt is probably the one player I really, really do not want on the team. I could deal with Bledsoe, I just don't think he's worth a lottery pick, but Babbitt would truly make me punch some poor person in the face and genital region.

BigTicket 06-20-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

I was just about to come in here and say that Babbitt is probably the one player I really, really do not want on the team. I could deal with Bledsoe, I just don't think he's worth a lottery pick, but Babbitt would truly make me punch some poor person in the face and genital region.

Heh, why ? What's wrong with Babbitt ?

Kebab Stall 06-20-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTicket
Heh, why ? What's wrong with Babbitt ?

If Babbitt is taken 12th, then that means that there are definitely more talented players still on the board. Same with Bledsoe going so high, there would be more talented players available.

InspiredLebowski 06-20-2010 12:53 PM

I think Babbitt'll surprise some people in the NBA. I'm not sure if he's really a lotto pick, but the kid can score his ass off in about any way you want. Can't defend at all, but hey who cares right?

BigTicket 06-20-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

If Babbitt is taken 12th, then that means that there are definitely more talented players still on the board. Same with Bledsoe going so high, there would be more talented players available.

Fair enough. There are certainly more talented players than Babbitt, but talent isn't the only factor when deciding who to pick.

boozehound 06-20-2010 02:41 PM

if the pistons take anyone but cousins or monroe, I will be disappointed.