Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   If you could add 1 current player to your favorite team (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179374)

MK2V1GP 06-24-2010 01:34 PM

If you could add 1 current player to your favorite team

This is just a for fun thread, basically something to play around with, think about, talk about and pass time for a few days.

If you could add 1 current player to your favorite team, who would it be and why?

For the Bucs, I'd probably pick the best DE in the NFL, Mario Williams. Many can argue that Dwight Freeney is the best DE, but Mario is younger and Freeney is injury-prone. Some also say Jared Allen is the best DE, but he's older than Mario and he also plays with the best DL in football, so that helps his numbers a lot. Mario Williams it is.

With the Bucs current roster, and after the draft where they took two DTs in the first two rounds, I pick Williams. They need a solid pass rushing DE to put up front with Gerald McCoy, Brian Price, Stylez G. White and Roy Miller which basically would complete the rebuilding of their once dominate defense and get one step closer to being a top 5 defense again after a two year absence. No one player in the NFL would be a better fit for the Bucs than Super Mario in my opinion.

(If I were to go with an offensive player, I'd probably pick Joe Thomas or Chris Johnson)

Your turn......

QUIZZLE 06-24-2010 01:59 PM

Re: If you could add 1 current player to your favorite team

I'd add Revis to the Steelers in a heartbeat. He, Ike, Troy and Ryan Clark... that's a nasty secondary.

Jailblazers7 06-24-2010 02:21 PM

Revis or Andre Johnson.

Our secondary struggles sometimes because we lack a real #1 corner and we could use a top receiver now that Holmes is gone.

1manfastbreak 06-24-2010 02:24 PM

um.. i'd take Peyton Manning please or Larry Fitz/Andre Johnson.

pete's montreux 06-24-2010 02:27 PM

F*ck Revis, give me Asomugha.

ROCSteady 06-24-2010 02:36 PM

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Obvious answer is Peyton Manning but we have #5 so next is....

Nnamdi Asomugha, what a shut down beast. He is a super rare type

After that, Patrick Willis. Him and Fletcher holdin it down?! :bowdown:

Then, Ryan Clady who already beastin in Shanny's ZBS

MK2V1GP 06-24-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
um.. i'd take Peyton Manning please or Larry Fitz/Andre Johnson.

Who's your team?

And, overall, I figured there'd be some actual analysis going on. I understand EVERY team could use Peyton as their QB, but think about how your team is now and if you could plug in one player that your team needs to become a contender, who would it be?

But I agree Pittsburgh would be sick if they got one of the top CBs in the NFL.

-playmaker- 06-24-2010 02:40 PM

don't even have to think about it...AD

I've have been dreaming about Peterson in a Dallas uni before he was even in the NFL...:lol

Jackass18 06-24-2010 02:48 PM

Offense has been the Redskins biggest problems, so I would certainly go there. Peterson would be nice, but I think WR is a bigger problem, so I'd say Andre Johnson or Fitzgerald. OL is also a concern, but I think we should be improved there.

MK2V1GP 06-24-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -playmaker-
don't even have to think about it...AD

I've have been dreaming about Peterson in a Dallas uni before he was even in the NFL...:lol

That would be sick. If their OL was dominant, that offense would be literally unstoppable as long as Romo wouldn't turn the ball over.

I know how high you are on Choice, Barber & Jones. So would you trade those 3 for Peterson straight up? :lol

-playmaker- 06-24-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
That would be sick. If their OL was dominant, that offense would be literally unstoppable as long as Romo wouldn't turn the ball over.

I know how high you are on Choice, Barber & Jones. So would you trade those 3 for Peterson straight up? :lol

yes, I would trade all 3 for Peterson...

Peterson is still very young...the issue with fumbling can EASLIY be fixed...he is going to be a HOF RB...

I'll take him and a couple spare ass RBs over the 3 we have now...and I LOVE all 3 that we have now...esp Felix...lol

Carbine 06-24-2010 04:32 PM

There is no question in my mind I would take Kevin Williams.

-playmaker- 06-24-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine
There is no question in my mind I would take Kevin Williams.

not bad for the Colts but I think they could go younger, like Revis or AP or CJ first...

pete's montreux 06-24-2010 05:33 PM

For NE, definitely Asomugha or Ray Rice.

AirGauge23 06-24-2010 05:36 PM

Dwight Freeney, no doubt.

Running backs punished us last season. I've had enough of some of these guys having career games at our expense.