Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   My ideas to Improve the NBA DRAFT!!! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179631)

Rekindled 06-25-2010 11:58 PM

My ideas to Improve the NBA DRAFT!!!
 
1. make the lottery happen right before the draft, this creates more drama for the draft, the draft has become too predictable it's almost boring now. there will be a lot more possibilities and twists because teams will have to react faster.


2. make the last 10 spots of the lottery more random. as of right now, the late lottery teams have like 90%+ chance of standing pat at their spot during the ping pong ball draws.

change it so for example the 14th most ping pong ball team has a good chance to be either 12th,13th ,14th instead of just 99% chance of 14th or move into top 3. makes the lottery more interesting.

3. have cameras showing all the potential draftees for the pick when stern is about to announce it so we can see the reaction, like the academy award show .

4. have each team send a player to interview their draft pick, i think it makes it more interesting.

5. get some new analyst , jvg and barry dont even know any of the prospects. get draft experts like david thorpe , chad ford or ryen russello .

cotdt 06-26-2010 12:14 AM

Re: My ideas to Improve the NBA DRAFT!!!
 
The biggest problem of the draft is that these drafted players will spend their prime years on a different team, most likely a big market team. These lottery teams are merely developing the players for teams like LA/Boston/Chicago.

ZHAKIDD532 06-26-2010 12:17 AM

Re: My ideas to Improve the NBA DRAFT!!!
 
I think the draft wouldn't be such a huge joke if they had it after free agency began. They should do it at the end of July or something.

The Big Skinny 06-26-2010 01:18 AM

Re: My ideas to Improve the NBA DRAFT!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekindled
1. make the lottery happen right before the draft, this creates more drama for the draft, the draft has become too predictable it's almost boring now. there will be a lot more possibilities and twists because teams will have to react faster.


2. make the last 10 spots of the lottery more random. as of right now, the late lottery teams have like 90%+ chance of standing pat at their spot during the ping pong ball draws.

change it so for example the 14th most ping pong ball team has a good chance to be either 12th,13th ,14th instead of just 99% chance of 14th or move into top 3. makes the lottery more interesting.

3. have cameras showing all the potential draftees for the pick when stern is about to announce it so we can see the reaction, like the academy award show .

4. have each team send a player to interview their draft pick, i think it makes it more interesting.

5. get some new analyst , jvg and barry dont even know any of the prospects. get draft experts like david thorpe , chad ford or ryen russello .


good post...i agree with all of them..

especially #1...the espn mock draft had almost 1st 10 picks correct...pretty lame

highwhey 06-26-2010 01:23 AM

Re: My ideas to Improve the NBA DRAFT!!!
 
so basically you want more drama/suspense? i watch the hills for that. it's fake but still entertaining.

Nash-tastic 06-26-2010 01:35 AM

Re: My ideas to Improve the NBA DRAFT!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by highwhey
so basically you want more drama/suspense? i watch the hills for that. it's fake but still entertaining.

:wtf:

highwhey 06-26-2010 01:40 AM

Re: My ideas to Improve the NBA DRAFT!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash-tastic
:wtf:

it's ok to admit you watch the hills, even one tree hill. those shows are legit. at least it was ok'ed in the offtopic forums. i'm an off topic bum though.

Crystallas 06-26-2010 02:00 AM

Re: My ideas to Improve the NBA DRAFT!!!
 
I would re-write the entire draft.

Something is seriously wrong when the absolute worst team misses the #1 pick THIS often. I'm not saying that it should be fixed to where the last place team gets a guarenteed #1 pick either.

Change the rules so that the worst record in each division is in the first lottery bracket, if all of the teams in a certain division make the playoffs, those teams do not qualify for the top pick bracket. So you could technically have only 2 teams fighting for that #1 pick, but more often you'll see 4 teams in the chase. Of those 4 teams, the worst record has the highest odds to win, although the best of those 4 teams still has a chance to land #1.
Then you establish the next bracket based on which confrence has the worst overall record, and the worst 2 teams in that conf get the best odds, regardless if they have better records than the rest of the lottery teams.
Also, if a team has a .500 record or better, but misses the playoffs, their odds in the 2nd bracket will immediately be locked at the lowest possible odds to win the 2nd bracket. So if 4 teams fall under this category, regardless if one team is 41-41 and another is 43-39, they will have the same low odds.
Next, you have a playoff bracket. The Finals teams lock the 29th and 30th pick, even if an 8th seed makes it to the finals, kind of like the NFL. The teams that lose in the 1st round will automatically get placed with the best odds in the playoff bracket, giving a slight edge to teams with worse records. So a 40-42 team would get better odds in the PO bracket than the team with a 50-32 record. Then continue this for the losers of the semi's, and CFs.

3 brackets, a bit of tank protection, and a very small amount of draft power ballancing to the weaker confrence. Better chance for the worst teams to land the top pick. Better ballancing than the current system.
Also, it makes for a more entertaining lotto day, because damn near all teams have a small part invested in it. The NBA could hold the lotto as soon as the final teams are decided if it wants, giving each team plenty of time to prepare.

Captain Kirk 06-26-2010 02:32 AM

Re: My ideas to Improve the NBA DRAFT!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekindled
1. make the lottery happen right before the draft, this creates more drama for the draft, the draft has become too predictable it's almost boring now. there will be a lot more possibilities and twists because teams will have to react faster.


2. make the last 10 spots of the lottery more random. as of right now, the late lottery teams have like 90%+ chance of standing pat at their spot during the ping pong ball draws.

change it so for example the 14th most ping pong ball team has a good chance to be either 12th,13th ,14th instead of just 99% chance of 14th or move into top 3. makes the lottery more interesting.

3. have cameras showing all the potential draftees for the pick when stern is about to announce it so we can see the reaction, like the academy award show .

4. have each team send a player to interview their draft pick, i think it makes it more interesting.

5. get some new analyst , jvg and barry dont even know any of the prospects. get draft experts like david thorpe , chad ford or ryen russello .



I agree with all of this. I was hyped for this draft because of Wall, but when the day came all my enthusiasm had gone away due to the big free agency thing in addition to most of the top picks being a given for the most part. 05 (or 04, with Lebron) draft was so much fun to watch.

Alonzo Magic 04-10-2011 09:31 AM

Re: My ideas to Improve the NBA DRAFT!!!
 
^^^ :oldlol: do your job Jeff.

Marv_Albert 04-11-2011 01:00 AM

Re: My ideas to Improve the NBA DRAFT!!!
 
hahahaha so much porn on this forum now

TLSubmit 05-07-2011 10:58 PM

Hey
 
Hey im new here.

Nice to meet everyone!
Hope you all have a good day

TLSubmit 05-07-2011 11:05 PM

Hey
 
Hey im new here.

Nice to meet everyone!
Hope you all have a good day

Sterlingsucks 05-18-2011 11:22 AM

Re: My ideas to Improve the NBA DRAFT!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystallas
I would re-write the entire draft.

Something is seriously wrong when the absolute worst team misses the #1 pick THIS often. I'm not saying that it should be fixed to where the last place team gets a guarenteed #1 pick either.

Change the rules so that the worst record in each division is in the first lottery bracket, if all of the teams in a certain division make the playoffs, those teams do not qualify for the top pick bracket. So you could technically have only 2 teams fighting for that #1 pick, but more often you'll see 4 teams in the chase. Of those 4 teams, the worst record has the highest odds to win, although the best of those 4 teams still has a chance to land #1.
Then you establish the next bracket based on which confrence has the worst overall record, and the worst 2 teams in that conf get the best odds, regardless if they have better records than the rest of the lottery teams.
Also, if a team has a .500 record or better, but misses the playoffs, their odds in the 2nd bracket will immediately be locked at the lowest possible odds to win the 2nd bracket. So if 4 teams fall under this category, regardless if one team is 41-41 and another is 43-39, they will have the same low odds.
Next, you have a playoff bracket. The Finals teams lock the 29th and 30th pick, even if an 8th seed makes it to the finals, kind of like the NFL. The teams that lose in the 1st round will automatically get placed with the best odds in the playoff bracket, giving a slight edge to teams with worse records. So a 40-42 team would get better odds in the PO bracket than the team with a 50-32 record. Then continue this for the losers of the semi's, and CFs.

3 brackets, a bit of tank protection, and a very small amount of draft power ballancing to the weaker confrence. Better chance for the worst teams to land the top pick. Better ballancing than the current system.
Also, it makes for a more entertaining lotto day, because damn near all teams have a small part invested in it. The NBA could hold the lotto as soon as the final teams are decided if it wants, giving each team plenty of time to prepare.



This is good shit I like it.

Thorpesaurous 05-18-2011 12:37 PM

Re: My ideas to Improve the NBA DRAFT!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystallas
I would re-write the entire draft.

Something is seriously wrong when the absolute worst team misses the #1 pick THIS often. I'm not saying that it should be fixed to where the last place team gets a guarenteed #1 pick either.

Change the rules so that the worst record in each division is in the first lottery bracket, if all of the teams in a certain division make the playoffs, those teams do not qualify for the top pick bracket. So you could technically have only 2 teams fighting for that #1 pick, but more often you'll see 4 teams in the chase. Of those 4 teams, the worst record has the highest odds to win, although the best of those 4 teams still has a chance to land #1.
Then you establish the next bracket based on which confrence has the worst overall record, and the worst 2 teams in that conf get the best odds, regardless if they have better records than the rest of the lottery teams.
Also, if a team has a .500 record or better, but misses the playoffs, their odds in the 2nd bracket will immediately be locked at the lowest possible odds to win the 2nd bracket. So if 4 teams fall under this category, regardless if one team is 41-41 and another is 43-39, they will have the same low odds.
Next, you have a playoff bracket. The Finals teams lock the 29th and 30th pick, even if an 8th seed makes it to the finals, kind of like the NFL. The teams that lose in the 1st round will automatically get placed with the best odds in the playoff bracket, giving a slight edge to teams with worse records. So a 40-42 team would get better odds in the PO bracket than the team with a 50-32 record. Then continue this for the losers of the semi's, and CFs.

3 brackets, a bit of tank protection, and a very small amount of draft power ballancing to the weaker confrence. Better chance for the worst teams to land the top pick. Better ballancing than the current system.
Also, it makes for a more entertaining lotto day, because damn near all teams have a small part invested in it. The NBA could hold the lotto as soon as the final teams are decided if it wants, giving each team plenty of time to prepare.



Those are some really good ideas.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy