Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlanta Hawks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Team Needs Analysis (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1798)

TheReturnofCed 06-18-2006 09:47 PM

Team Needs Analysis

Atlanta Hawks:

Strengths: The Hawks have a lot of young talent at the wing positions, and good depth. All these guys with the exception of Childress have star potential. Joe Johnson has shown glimpses of being a very special player and the mistake of not picking Chris Paul doesn’t look to bad to me when you have such a stud in Marvin Williams.

Weaknesses: The Hawks have huge holes at point guard and center. Drafting at 5, they could reach and pick Marcus Williams from Uconn, but I like Joe Johnson’s point guard ability, and feel Brandon Roy would be a better choice here, and to address their needs at center through free agency. Nene should be the big prize for Atlanta in free agency. If Roy were off the board I would look at drafting Shelden Williams as their center, albeit undersized he is strong and active, much like Ben Wallace. With the 33rd pick they should look at drafting the best point guard or center available. I have a feeling Daniel Gibson or Kyle Lowry will be available at 33.

5th pick: Brandon Roy- Washington
33rd pick: Daniel Gibson- Texas
FA goal: Nene

adamcz 06-19-2006 12:55 PM

They should trade Childress and Harrington to me for Mo Williams and either Gadzuric or Magloire. PG/C problems are solved, and then they can draft whoever they want.

JohnnyBravo5 06-19-2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamcz
They should trade Childress and Harrington to me for Mo Williams and either Gadzuric or Magloire. PG/C problems are solved, and then they can draft whoever they want.

Why would we do that? Zaza is better than both of them.

adamcz 06-19-2006 01:21 PM

Shut up. Fans of crappy teams always think they have tons of players who are better than the starters on playoff teams, but the proof is in the pudding.

Let me guess,

Joe Johnson > Redd
Josh Smith > Simmons
Marvin Williams > Joe Smith
Zaza > Magloire

Wow, I guess that means Ford on the Hawks would lead them to 60 wins.

JohnnyBravo5 06-19-2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamcz
Shut up. Fans of crappy teams always think they have tons of players who are better than the starters on playoff teams, but the proof is in the pudding.

Let me guess,

Joe Johnson > Redd
Josh Smith > Simmons
Marvin Williams > Joe Smith
Zaza > Magloire

Wow, I guess that means Ford on the Hawks would lead them to 60 wins.

You are correct.

You act as if you weren't picking #1 in last year's draft. The only difference between your team and ours is a point and depth in the frontcourt. Which we will probably acquire this year. Don't get mad at us because you gave up the best center on your roster.

adamcz 06-19-2006 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
You act as if you weren't picking #1 in last year's draft.

We won 30 games that year, in spite of tanking after the trade deadline. The last time the Hawks won that many was 2002-03.
Quote:

The only difference between your team and ours is a point and depth in the frontcourt.
Which is why I tried to offer you a point guard (and a center) in a trade. The same point guard who led the Bucks to a better record than you guys have had in years.
Quote:

Don't get mad at us because you gave up the best center on your roster.
I promise you that you are the only person on the Insidehoops board who is enough of a homer to think that Zaza is a better center than Magloire.

tontoz 06-19-2006 10:53 PM

Quote:

I would say that a deal is possible between the two teams but I doubt anything would happen until july since Harrington is a ufa.

Don't take JB seriously.

JohnnyBravo5 06-20-2006 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tontoz
I would say that a deal is possible between the two teams but I doubt anything would happen until july since Harrington is a ufa.

Don't take JB seriously.

Then we will be brothers because no one ever takes you seriously.

SecondFiddle 06-20-2006 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
Atlanta Hawks:

Strengths: The Hawks have a lot of young talent at the wing positions, and good depth. All these guys with the exception of Childress have star potential. Joe Johnson has shown glimpses of being a very special player and the mistake of not picking Chris Paul doesnít look to bad to me when you have such a stud in Marvin Williams.

Weaknesses: The Hawks have huge holes at point guard and center. Drafting at 5, they could reach and pick Marcus Williams from Uconn, but I like Joe Johnsonís point guard ability, and feel Brandon Roy would be a better choice here, and to address their needs at center through free agency. Nene should be the big prize for Atlanta in free agency. If Roy were off the board I would look at drafting Shelden Williams as their center, albeit undersized he is strong and active, much like Ben Wallace. With the 33rd pick they should look at drafting the best point guard or center available. I have a feeling Daniel Gibson or Kyle Lowry will be available at 33.

5th pick: Brandon Roy- Washington
33rd pick: Daniel Gibson- Texas
FA goal: Nene

I think S.Williams has been told that he is the pick at no.5

SecondFiddle 06-20-2006 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
Then we will be brothers because no one ever takes you seriously.

I do, I take him almost seriously. I'll complete it if he converts to buddhism

TheReturnofCed 07-31-2006 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SecondFiddle
I think S.Williams has been told that he is the pick at no.5

My draft would have been much better, well maybe not Gibson, he'd be a bit redundant.