Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   which two players would make the deadliest combo (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180433)

Joey3000 07-01-2010 09:38 AM

which two players would make the deadliest combo

which two player combo would have the most success?

I'm going with Dirk and Amare Just for the shock effect of not picking either bron or wade. lol

FormerSunsFan 07-01-2010 09:40 AM

Re: which two players would make the deadliest combo

Wade+Amare

Batz 07-01-2010 09:41 AM

wade+bigman

okay wade with just about anyone on there.

w00terz 07-01-2010 09:42 AM

LeBron+Bosh
LeBron+Dirk

LeBron works best paired with a great shooting offensive threat.

Allstar24 07-01-2010 09:47 AM

Dirk with either Lebron or Wade...fortunately there's very little chance of that happening.

PurpleChuck 07-01-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w00terz
LeBron+Bosh
LeBron+Dirk

LeBron works best paired with a great shooting offensive threat.

Didn't work out with Jamison...

I say Wade + Boozer/Lee

creepingdeath 07-01-2010 10:05 AM

Dirk and Wade

wally_world 07-01-2010 10:10 AM

Boozer + DLee :hammerhead:

imlmf 07-01-2010 10:14 AM

joe johnson + david lee = sheer dominance of the entire league

FCN 07-01-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleChuck
Didn't work out with Jamison...

I say Wade + Boozer/Lee

Not true. Up until that Boston series it was working very good. The problem was that Jamison was playing too many minutes, and we needed to put Varejao on KG.

That and the fact that Rondo was playing like a man possessed, which we can't exactly blame AJ for.

Jamison is also not exactly a great shooter. He is good around the basket with those wierd floaters and stuff, and is a decent 3 point shooter, but he is not an elite shooter of Dirk's level.

Much like Lamar Odom, AJ is best suited as a 6th man off the bench. Our mistake was trying to make him our #2 scoring option. That was our fault, not his.

PowerGlove 07-01-2010 11:52 AM

JoeBron Wamar'e

+

Carvid Boshwitzki

Papaya Petee 07-01-2010 12:03 PM

Wade+ LeBron

Juges8932 07-01-2010 12:05 PM

Wade/LeBron with Dirk. Dirk can stretch the floor for them on offense, which is perfect for them since Dirk is not ball-dominant and won't be clogging up the lane. He also doesn't have a complex like Amar'e does and Bosh seems to as well(Thinking he is a #1 option for a successful team). Dirk isn't a great defender by any means, but in the East, he will be just fine going against the major PFs. I would certainly take Dirk over Bosh/Amar'e defensively. LeBron/Wade would have their lane free to do as they please since the opposing teams would have to honor Dirk's ability. Once they get in the lane and penetrate, they have that legit option to kick it out to once (if) the defense collapses on them in the lane. Also, Dirk has gone the furthest out of all of those players and I don't think he's a big choker like everybody else, though I don't think he is a great playoff performer by any means. People always criticize Dirk and say that he is soft and shit, but Bosh is no better lol. Bosh is a great second-option, while Dirk has shown that he can at least get somewhere being the first option. To be fair to Bosh though, his teams weren't nearly as good in quality as Dirk's, but still, he plays in the East. Instead of a Jason Terry and Dirk pick 'n roll during the closing minutes of the quarter/game, it would be Wade/Bron and Dirk. That would be some good stuff, much like Kobe/Pau.

Kensta 07-01-2010 12:24 PM

LeBron and Dirk.

highwhey 07-01-2010 12:32 PM

Amar'e and Bron. Two of the best finishers in the league. Also they are good at drawing contact, they would regularly foul out opponents.