Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   WNBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   (w)NBA Offseason Discussion (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181442)

boozehound 07-07-2010 03:34 PM

(w)NBA Offseason Discussion
 
deneppah gnihtyna sah?

boozehound 07-07-2010 03:39 PM

Re: (w)NBA Offseason Discussion
 
I thought this could serve as a thread to discuss the nba offseason acquisitions.

Heres my general take.

I like the amir johnson signing. Clearly its way too much money, but I still believe he will contribute. hell, he was there best post defender last season. Raps are a mess though.

Darko got bank! I do think he can play in the league and even start on a middling team. But why did they outbid themselves? his precious ego?

Bucks have made some solid moves, even though gooden is dumb as a box of rocks. I am looking forward to that team next season. Good to see John Hammond killing it IMO.

Supposedly BBWallace will re-up with the pistons. Sources have sources yada yada. If so, I am very happy. Dude makes us better just by being on the bench.

I am not impressed/concerned with either the knicks+amar'e or the new look heat. Good veteran roleplayers are not going to leave millions on the table to play at either team. I just dont see either of them being top teams next year. Bosh and Wade will never win a title together IMO.

JtotheIzzo 07-07-2010 03:58 PM

Re: (w)NBA Offseason Discussion
 
Bosh and Wade will need a lot of help. Not sold on that pairing as far as considering them favorites. Orlando, Boston and wherever LBJ is might have something to say about that.

I thought Amare was an OK signing, as some of the teams with cap space will end up with nothing of note. It puts them in the LeBron sweepstakes (now that Bosh is in Miami), and if Minnesota is still interested in David Lee, NYK could potentially have a front line of Al Jefferson, Amare and LeBron. [Stephen A.] nothing to sneeze at [Smith/].

I want LeBron to go to New York.

Jailblazers7 07-07-2010 04:02 PM

Re: (w)NBA Offseason Discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Bosh and Wade will need a lot of help. Not sold on that pairing as far as considering them favorites. Orlando, Boston and wherever LBJ is might have something to say about that.

I thought Amare was an OK signing, as some of the teams with cap space will end up with nothing of note. It puts them in the LeBron sweepstakes (now that Bosh is in Miami), and if Minnesota is still interested in David Lee, NYK could potentially have a front line of Al Jefferson, Amare and LeBron. [Stephen A.] nothing to sneeze at [Smith/].

I want LeBron to go to New York.


If they end up with that front line it would be a wildly successful offseason for NY.

At this point, I don't even care where Lebron ends up going. I just want to see where it is. Him in NY would be pretty cool to see but I have a feeling he stays in Cleveland.

boozehound 07-07-2010 04:15 PM

Re: (w)NBA Offseason Discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Bosh and Wade will need a lot of help. Not sold on that pairing as far as considering them favorites. Orlando, Boston and wherever LBJ is might have something to say about that.

I thought Amare was an OK signing, as some of the teams with cap space will end up with nothing of note. It puts them in the LeBron sweepstakes (now that Bosh is in Miami), and if Minnesota is still interested in David Lee, NYK could potentially have a front line of Al Jefferson, Amare and LeBron. [Stephen A.] nothing to sneeze at [Smith/].

I want LeBron to go to New York.

Yeah, bosh will certainly look good offensively next to wade with his nice jumper, but defensively he just isnt very good. I think they will be a good team, just not tops in the league.

I kind of like the amar'e signing, but Im not a knicks fan. If they land lebron its great, if they dont, they have a big who needs to be the primary offensive weapon (or one of them) but doesnt make good passes to open shooters/cutters. In addition, he rebounds like its an optional component of the game and defends like hes warm butter and the ballhandler is a steakknife. still, it makes them better than they were.

does he play the 5 for them? If they could really get al jeff I like this team, thought the D will be terrible. But with Dantoni, would it matter who was on the squad?!

rufuspaul 07-07-2010 04:25 PM

Re: (w)NBA Offseason Discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boozehound
Bosh and Wade will never win a title together IMO.


Gotta remember that Bosh was the defacto 5 in Toronto and did pretty well. I've got a feeling he will be a beast if left at his natural 4 position with DWade. One question is: What does the Heat now do with Beasly?

boozehound 07-07-2010 04:38 PM

Re: (w)NBA Offseason Discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Gotta remember that Bosh was the defacto 5 in Toronto and did pretty well. I've got a feeling he will be a beast if left at his natural 4 position with DWade. One question is: What does the Heat now do with Beasly?

I was wondering the same. hes no full time 3 in the league that is for sure. I keep seeing trade rumors, but then other reports saying teams are wary of him. so, maybe bosh plays defacto 5 in MIA as well? Is J. anthony coming back (other teams will almost certainly offer him more than the vets min - same with haslem). How much are those guys worth to the heat with their remaining capspace (presuming KBJ doesnt go there)? so what legit 5 are they going to get?

boozehound 07-07-2010 04:58 PM

Re: (w)NBA Offseason Discussion
 
so, boozer to chicago for 80/5 is the latest report. Personally, I like it. He has the best post game of all 3 main pfs on the market, best rebounder and his D is mostly poor due to almost always giving up length. not that he'd be a great defender anyways.

Still, he has the most complete offensive game (sure bosh has a better J, but not by much). I really like it for them if the 5th year is a team option.

still contract seems to start around 13.65 mil.

Jailblazers7 07-07-2010 05:03 PM

Re: (w)NBA Offseason Discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boozehound
so, boozer to chicago for 80/5 is the latest report. Personally, I like it. He has the best post game of all 3 main pfs on the market, best rebounder and his D is mostly poor due to almost always giving up length. not that he'd be a great defender anyways.

Still, he has the most complete offensive game (sure bosh has a better J, but not by much). I really like it for them if the 5th year is a team option.

still contract seems to start around 13.65 mil.


Yeah I think its a good signing for a team that has really needed a viable post scorer for the past few years.

boozehound 07-07-2010 05:12 PM

Re: (w)NBA Offseason Discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Yeah I think its a good signing for a team that has really needed a viable post scorer for the past few years.

exactly. hes the best post offense on the market and that has been their big issue (and most bulls fans have been saying that for years). whether or not they end up with lebron, this was a good signing for them.

Jailblazers7 07-07-2010 06:16 PM

Re: (w)NBA Offseason Discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boozehound
exactly. hes the best post offense on the market and that has been their big issue (and most bulls fans have been saying that for years). whether or not they end up with lebron, this was a good signing for them.


Noah and Boozer are also perfect compliments to each other. Plus Taj Gibson off the bench makes for a nice rotation in the front court.

tian820 07-07-2010 07:59 PM

Re: (w)NBA Offseason Discussion
 
Beasley probably isn't mature enough to realize it yet, but that guy is destined to be a 6th man. He's got the ability to score in streaks and he's a tweener in terms of size and the way he plays. Can stretch the floor if you match him up with a slower 4 and has enough post skills to beat up on some smaller 3s. Once he figures it out, he could be a solid contributor on a good team. Until then I see him as a journeyman type.

B-Low 07-07-2010 09:25 PM

Re: (w)NBA Offseason Discussion
 
Good lord...in the main forum right now 19 out of 40 threads on the first page have the word LeBron in the title...

ShannonElements 07-08-2010 05:32 AM

Re: (w)NBA Offseason Discussion
 
LeBron Kobe Wade LeBro LeBron Kobe Wade Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade

dough 07-08-2010 05:38 AM

Re: (w)NBA Offseason Discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Low
Good lord...in the main forum right now 19 out of 40 threads on the first page have the word LeBron in the title...

And they love it. Lost cause.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy