Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: I got my PS3, pics later (merged buy/sell PS3 threads) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18196)

Big One 11-16-2006 09:19 PM

OT: I got my PS3, pics later (merged buy/sell PS3 threads)

hey guys i just came back from a local wal mart and i asked if they were gogin to have any ps3;s. They told me that they were not getting any but then later on as i was walking around in the electronics section i heard two co-workers talking about how they 6 ps3's in the managers office but they werent going to put them on the shelves.

So i contacted sony and they said they cant do anything, then i contacted the wal mart head office and they closed now...any suggestions?:confusedshrug:

rezznor 11-16-2006 09:21 PM

assemble a crack squad like in mission impossible or oceans 11 and break into the manager's office.

B-Low 11-16-2006 09:21 PM

They're probably reserved. So if you didnt reserve it then no, they don't have any available to you. That's probably what they meant

rezznor 11-16-2006 09:23 PM

i dont think walmart did preorders

Seņor Cedric 11-16-2006 09:24 PM

What outside until somebody walks out with one and tell them to give it to you. If they don't shot them in the back of the neck.

Sony will pay for the guy's funeral.

Everybody's happy! :cheers:

B-Low 11-16-2006 09:26 PM

Well there you go Kobe just gave your PS3's away...go take it up with him

SsKSpurs21 11-16-2006 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
What outside until somebody walks out with one and tell them to give it to you. If they don't shot them in the back of the neck.

Sony will pay for the guy's funeral.

Everybody's happy! :cheers:

didnt this happen? someone posted a news link yesterday i believe where a car drove by a line and shot BB guns at the crowd.

KobeLookLike2Pac 11-16-2006 09:29 PM

I got 2 360s from KMart when they first came out, gave the guy a Benjamin a piece. Sold one on EBay, which almost paid for the first one. :pimp:

reppy 11-16-2006 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
didnt this happen? someone posted a news link yesterday i believe where a car drove by a line and shot BB guns at the crowd.

A group of teens shot a guy because they wanted his AI jersey and he refused to give it up. He was paralyzed for life. He was on a ventilator. Ventilator malfunctioned and he got brain damage. They recently took him off and he died. AI is going to pay for the funeral since he was such a huge AI fan.

I think that was Ced's inspiration for that remark.

B-Low 11-16-2006 09:32 PM

So wait you paid $100 a piece for X-Box 360s? Or $100 in addition to the actual price?

Vendetta 11-16-2006 09:45 PM

Wal-Mart doesn't do preorders and as far as I know... retailers aren't allowed to hold the merchandise for themselves like that. Not in demand items, anyways. I'm sure it happens but they're still not supposed to.

I was at Target earlier today and there was a line of 8 people/groups of people along with a sign Target had set up. That particular store was only getting 8. The first guy in line sold his spot for $1600 cash. The 4th guy in line sold his spot for $1200 and somebody else was buying a spot for $1000. Haha. That's just the spot. Doesn't cover the cost of the system.

The Sams Club here is getting 2, and there are 3 people in line. One guy told the other two that if they tried to get in his way he'd kick their ass.

B-Low 11-16-2006 09:49 PM

Yeah i can pretty much guarantee that they can't hold it. I work at Toys R Us and we're not even allowed to BUY ps3's until the second shipment cuz of the high demand

KobeLookLike2Pac 11-16-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Low
So wait you paid $100 a piece for X-Box 360s? Or $100 in addition to the actual price?

Correct on the latter. Actually I sold the second one for $735. So I only really netted $135 off the one I kept, but at least I got one early.

Hurlyburly 11-16-2006 09:57 PM

How about not being a rat you little snitch.

Should have pre-ordered your PS3 like everyone else.

Or go work at wal-mart you slacker!

Da KO King 11-16-2006 10:23 PM

Why the hell people feel the need to get the system early and deal with this bs I'll never know. Especially for a system that will only have 30 games released in its first 8 months of existence.