Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minnesota Timberwolves Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Projected lineup (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183441)

Skywalker 07-14-2010 04:52 PM

Projected lineup

Flynn/Sessions
Webster/Ellington
Brewer/Johnson
Love/Beasley
Darko/Pekovic

as of now I think, if not correct me

who do you expect to be our 20 ppg guy? I could see Beasley really becoming an offensive force for us

OnceInADECADE 07-14-2010 05:57 PM

Re: Projected lineup

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
Flynn/Sessions
Webster/Ellington
Brewer/Johnson
Love/Beasley
Darko/Pekovic

as of now I think, if not correct me

who do you expect to be our 20 ppg guy? I could see Beasley really becoming an offensive force for us

I want Beasley starting. He brings alot of offence 4 us. Kevin Love nor Darko can do that. N Wesley needs to start

04mzwach 07-16-2010 12:02 AM

Beasley will get minutes from the start. Pekovic and Darko will have to be out there most of the time. I believe Pekovic is good/athletic enough to keep the back up spot at center. Love shouldn't play center, unless we really feel like his insane passing/rebounding and all around scoring is worth getting pounded on defense. I hope Brewer gets minutes and we sign an extension for him this year.

Skywalker 07-16-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnceInADECADE
I want Beasley starting. He brings alot of offence 4 us. Kevin Love nor Darko can do that. N Wesley needs to start

I do too but I just don't see how it's possible right now. He'll get his minutes for sure though.

Hillabale 08-18-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

who do you expect to be our 20 ppg guy?

Luke Ridnour:rockon:

04mzwach 08-30-2010 07:24 PM

Kevin Love WOULD BE a superstar in FIBA. Now, we get to see if he becomes a superstar in the NBA. :cheers:

BankShot 09-02-2010 09:20 PM

Kevin Love's in a real tough predicament in terms of his career with the T-Wolves and in the NBA.

Love as a starting PF will never be on that great of a team, and he'll never be happy not starting.

ihatetimthomas 09-04-2010 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BankShot
Kevin Love's in a real tough predicament in terms of his career with the T-Wolves and in the NBA.

Love as a starting PF will never be on that great of a team, and he'll never be happy not starting.

I think it is possible Love can be a starter on a contending team, as long as he is playing with the correct type of center. He is going to need a defensive minded center, who can defend opposing teams best post players. But that is not all that easy to come by. I think he can be a great player alongside Dwight Howard because he has a midrange shot, a great passer, and can rebound and spread the floor. They both would compliment each other. Shard is too one dimensional.

ihatetimthomas 09-04-2010 03:31 AM

Quote:

I do too but I just don't see how it's possible right now. He'll get his minutes for sure though.

Agreed. I see him getting high 20's or low 30's playing in the rotation with Love and Darko. he will come off the bench, but he is going to get his minutes. When they play smaller teams, they will play Love and Beas a bit more.

BankShot 09-29-2010 07:29 PM

I think the lineup will be as follows:

Flynn/Ridnour
Webster/Ellington
Brewer/Johnson
Love/Beasley
Darko/Pekovic

it should be this:

Flynn
Brewer
Johnson
Beasley
Pekovic

run baby run

idizzle 10-12-2010 03:32 PM

Its looking more like Wesley Johnson or Martell Webster could be the starting SG.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...nclick_check=1

PG-Flynn
SG-Johnson
SF-Brewer
PF-Love
C-Darko

04mzwach 10-12-2010 08:53 PM

Now that I'm watching Beasley...he doesn't have much of an inside game. I wish we still had Kevin McHale and I bet he has a breakout year. If he had any type of inside game, which he half ass does...he would be a great player.

BankShot 10-13-2010 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Now that I'm watching Beasley...he doesn't have much of an inside game. I wish we still had Kevin McHale and I bet he has a breakout year. If he had any type of inside game, which he half ass does...he would be a great player.

WTF?

McHale?

04mzwach 10-15-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BankShot
WTF?

McHale?

I'm talking like an Assistant Coach. I'm not saying GM or coach. He could help any player develop their post game. He's a great teacher/mentor. -points to KG and Jefferson-

BankShot 10-15-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04mzwach

For Beasley to truly succeed in the NBA and on the T-Wolves, he needs to continue to morph into a SF.

He needs to be able to consistently hit an outside shot, and more importantly defend the wing. He will/can play the 4 in stretches this year, but he's too undersized and defensively challenged in the post to be a full-time PF.

Yeah a post game would make him more diverse on offense, but that will come with time.