Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Brandon Knight-2011 NBA Draft Pick (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183626)

Rowe 07-15-2010 04:29 PM

Brandon Knight-2011 NBA Draft Pick
 
How does he project to the NBA?

Hes following in line after Rose, Evans, & Wall.

Everything I've read up about him suggests hes more of an undersized SG than he is a NBA PG.

O.J A 6'4Mamba 07-15-2010 04:42 PM

Re: Brandon Knight-2011 NBA Draft Pick
 
Underrated because he isn't flashy and isn't a freak athlete for a pg. He is a jumpshot like Ray Allen. He is projected right now as the 5th pick. Since he will be at UK, he will be overrated, and I can see him potentially being #1 pick if he has a good year and leads UK far into the tournament. Though Harrison Barnes and Perry Jones seem to have a higher NBA ceiling

Rowe 07-15-2010 04:46 PM

Re: Brandon Knight-2011 NBA Draft Pick
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
Underrated because he isn't flashy and isn't a freak athlete for a pg. He is a jumpshot like Ray Allen. He is projected right now as the 5th pick. Since he will be at UK, he will be overrated, and I can see him potentially being #1 pick if he has a good year and leads UK far into the tournament. Though Harrison Barnes and Perry Jones seem to have a higher NBA ceiling


I think Selby is a better overall player than Knight, I'd probably put Kyrie Irving over Knight as well.

I saw some of Knight's games and as highly as hes touted you would think it would be a "wow" factor with him. You are probably right that he will be underrated for not being flashy or a great athlete. He seems like a good player to me, good not great.

Do you think he is 1 & Done quality? He had a 4.3 GPA and said he wanted to spend 2 years at Kentucky.

MasterDurant24 07-15-2010 05:27 PM

Re: Brandon Knight-2011 NBA Draft Pick
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowe
I think Selby is a better overall player than Knight, I'd probably put Kyrie Irving over Knight as well.

I saw some of Knight's games and as highly as hes touted you would think it would be a "wow" factor with him. You are probably right that he will be underrated for not being flashy or a great athlete. He seems like a good player to me, good not great.

Do you think he is 1 & Done quality? He had a 4.3 GPA and said he wanted to spend 2 years at Kentucky.

Out of 2011 freshmen, I only think Barnes, Selby, Perry Jones, and possibly Jared Sullinger should be 1 & dones. But there will be more.

Grinder 07-15-2010 05:40 PM

Re: Brandon Knight-2011 NBA Draft Pick
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterDurant24
Out of 2011 freshmen, I only think Barnes, Selby, Perry Jones, and possibly Jared Sullinger should be 1 & dones. But there will be more.


Don't forget Enes Kanter and Kyrie Irving.


I think Patric Young and Terrence Jones might be too.

MasterDurant24 07-15-2010 05:52 PM

Re: Brandon Knight-2011 NBA Draft Pick
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinder
Don't forget Enes Kanter and Kyrie Irving.


I think Patric Young and Terrence Jones might be too.

Never watched any of them or don't remember them cept Irving. And Duke players don't do one and done. It just doesn't happen.

BFRESH44 07-15-2010 06:08 PM

Re: Brandon Knight-2011 NBA Draft Pick
 
Watched him play up close and personal on a handful of occasions.

The kid is a PROBLEM. Will be a top 3 pick in the 2011 drat.

UConnCeltics 07-28-2010 04:10 PM

Re: Brandon Knight-2011 NBA Draft Pick
 
Late lottery pick. Probably will be the third PG drafted.

scott0326 07-29-2010 05:14 AM

Re: Brandon Knight-2011 NBA Draft Pick
 
He's a point guard who Callipari wanted, he'll be a star.

el gringos 07-29-2010 04:43 PM

Re: Brandon Knight-2011 NBA Draft Pick
 
I don't think knight is on the level or rose/tyreke/wall at all- and sullinger is not someone that should be thought of as a high nba draft pick yet- you can't be bigger or stronger than guys in the nba at his size and he isn't a great athlete- might be a very good college player though

FlªshGordon 07-29-2010 06:47 PM

Re: Brandon Knight-2011 NBA Draft Pick
 
The only reason, and it is a big 'un when talking about the NBA, Knight isn't on Rose or Wall's level is because he isn't a freak athlete.

SEEBASS1234 08-03-2010 01:31 AM

Re: Brandon Knight-2011 NBA Draft Pick
 
this guy seems like and improved version of Mo Williams to me

Ikill 08-24-2010 07:18 AM

Re: Brandon Knight-2011 NBA Draft Pick
 
Maybe gilbert arenas potential

SEEBASS1234 08-24-2010 12:40 PM

Re: Brandon Knight-2011 NBA Draft Pick
 
I say Jason Terry or Mo Williams

Claude9 04-16-2011 12:40 AM

Re: Brandon Knight-2011 NBA Draft Pick
 
Definitely on my Kings draft wishlist.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy