Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: PS3's on Ebay (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18368)

Chuck Norris 11-18-2006 05:34 PM

OT: PS3's on Ebay

After one day the prices are already dropping quick. Most are selling for about $1,000-1,200 which is down about a thousand from yesterday. I bet they will be close to retail in about a week or so. When the Xbox 360s came out they were over $1,000 all the way up til Christmas, and those had a cheaper retail cost.

AKADS 11-18-2006 05:36 PM

I think part of it was the hype for the Blu-Ray Technology has gone done with the new HD-DVD technology looking better. PS3 just took to long to get on the market.

B-Low 11-18-2006 05:39 PM

Good. Sooner the demand goes down the sooner the store prices will drop, and the sooner i can get mine

bigkingsfan 11-18-2006 05:46 PM

Yeap the prices are going down quicker than the 360, and those had more units at launch. Maybe it's a sign that Xbox will win USA this time around.

GOBB 11-18-2006 05:54 PM

Still getting ps3. Couple friends have 360 so if i ever want to play i'll just go over and do so. Gears of War is probably the sickest game I've played in a long time. I dont like games like that (Halo included) but playing the co-op it was much much better than playing hans solo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Yeap the prices are going down quicker than the 360, and those had more units at launch. Maybe it's a sign that Xbox will win USA this time around.

How so?

Fatal9 11-18-2006 05:57 PM

This sucks. I shouldn't have waited like 12 hours after I got it to put it up on ebay.

embersyc 11-18-2006 05:57 PM

I think XBox360 will have a huge Christmas because people wanting PS3s won't be able to get one and most will settle for XBox instead.

IGGYIVERSON 11-18-2006 06:02 PM

i have a PS3........but what im picking up tomorrow morning will be the real winner

NINTENDO WII. i think this system is going to change the course of gaming. Sony and Microsoft keep going up...Nintendo went sideways.

Innovative gameplay>>> awesome graphics.

B-Low 11-18-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGGYIVERSON
Sony and Microsoft keep going up...Nintendo went sideways.

lol wow that's some deep stuff right there...very deep

MK2V1GP 11-18-2006 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGGYIVERSON
i have a PS3........but what im picking up tomorrow morning will be the real winner

NINTENDO WII. i think this system is going to change the course of gaming. Sony and Microsoft keep going up...Nintendo went sideways.

Innovative gameplay>>> awesome graphics.

holy crap. are u made of money or somethin?

i like video games just as much as the next guy...but im not gonna spend that much money for one game console, let alone two of them

Mathius 11-18-2006 08:13 PM

I've been saying all along that the prices were going to drop. EVERYONE interviewed on the local news here said they were just standing in line so they could put it on Ebay. LOTS of people preordered just to put it on Ebay. Everyone I've talked to said they would put one on Ebay.

It's only natural that Ebay would be flooded with them.

I personally refuse to pay $600 for a game system, and I think anyone who will pay that much is either a moron, or has more money than they deserve.

One example: Rumor has it at the Wal-Mart near me, Braylon Edwards (WR for the Cleveland Browns for those who don't know) came out and talked to the people standing in line, and told them he'd pay $3000.00 if anyone sold him one.

I can think of countless other things I would buy first if I had an extra $600 and a great many of them are cheaper than that.

Nintendo WII looks interesting, but I'm not digging the new "interactive" controller. I wonder how well your movement is picked up by what is on the screen, nor do I want to wave my arms around to play games.

Also, both WII and PS3 use Wireless technology, which I'm not a fan of either. I can't even get a good reception on my cell phone all the time, and I can NEVER get through a whole day without my battery dying.

Mathius

BradMiller52 11-18-2006 08:18 PM

When does the Nintendo Wii come out?

bigkingsfan 11-18-2006 08:21 PM

tomorrow

PureElement 11-18-2006 08:22 PM

Its simply too much supply and not enough demand. The amount of morons that buy the system off of ebay are simply not enough to buy all the systems people are putting up there.

Mathius 11-18-2006 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradMiller52
When does the Nintendo Wii come out?

I _think_ Sunday (tommorrow). What I do know for sure, just to give you an idea on supply demands, the local Wal-Mart only got four PS3's, but they got 18 Nintendo WII's. And isn't the retail on the Wii only $250 or something? It definitely sounds like the better system if you don't mind the controller.

Mathius