Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Memphis Grizzlies Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Lorenzen Wright missing. Update: Now found dead (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185317)

dough 07-24-2010 04:06 AM

Lorenzen wright missing
 
Lorenzen Wright, a center who last played for the Grizzlies, Hawks, Kings and Cavaliers, has been reported missing by his family.
Wright didn't play in the league last season after breaking his thumb and undergoing surgery in April of 2009. He was last seen on Sunday when he was getting ready to fly out of Memphis, and hasn't been heard from since.
Source: WREG.com

ProfessorMurder 07-24-2010 04:25 AM

Re: Lorenzen wright missing
 
Don't really know much about him... He always played on teams I didn't follow.

Hopefully 3 days from now he isn't found dead in the woods or something.

AK47DR91 07-24-2010 04:28 AM

Re: Lorenzen wright missing
 
He looks a bit like James Posey. His face anyways...

That's pretty much all I know about Wright.

Hopefully, he's OK.

dough 07-24-2010 04:30 AM

Re: Lorenzen wright missing
 
Quote:

News of Wright’s disappearance follows the May foreclosure of his custom-built 17-room home by BankTennessee, which repossessed the 12,475-square-foot house in Eads for $1.3 million when Wright and his ex-wife, Sherra, defaulted on their $2.7 million loan, records show. The house was bought May 21 by Golden State Warriors player Monta Ellis for $1.7 million.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...er=yahoo_feeds

How can you not know Wright? He's been in the league for 12 years! Same draft as Nash, Kobe, AI, Camby etc.

Lebron23 07-24-2010 04:32 AM

Re: Lorenzen wright missing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by projectpag
ask me if i care



He was a decent role player for the Hawks and Grizzlies.

ProfessorMurder 07-24-2010 04:33 AM

Re: Lorenzen wright missing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dough
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...er=yahoo_feeds

How can you not know Wright? He's been in the league for 12 years! Same draft as Nash, Kobe, AI, Camby etc.


I know the name, just not anything about him. Playing for the Clippers and the Grizzlies were not on my priority list, especially pre-highspeed internet.

Frank Nit 07-24-2010 04:35 AM

Re: Lorenzen wright missing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by projectpag
ask me if i care


No one is asking you $hit, bro. Get a life.

gutterballer733 07-24-2010 04:38 AM

Re: Lorenzen wright missing
 
hope he didn't kill himself or anything. hopefully hes just having a mid-life crisis and ran off to be by himself somewhere.

ukballer 07-24-2010 04:41 AM

Re: Lorenzen wright missing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by projectpag
ask me if i care


Stupid ****ing retard. Nobody did ask you dumbass. Shame there are 'tards like you in all walks of life.

Hope Lorenzen turns up safe and sound. I remember him best from his Memphis days, and I still think when he was in Cleveland he should have had a slightly more increased role than he had.

dough 07-24-2010 04:41 AM

Re: Lorenzen wright missing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by projectpag
ask me if i care

Nicholas Pagliari, I suggest you stop ****ing around for the time being.

AK47DR91 07-24-2010 04:42 AM

Re: Lorenzen wright missing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dough
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...er=yahoo_feeds

How can you not know Wright? He's been in the league for 12 years! Same draft as Nash, Kobe, AI, Camby etc.


Those guys you mentioned are superstars. Wright is not.

Wright would be more known in the league similar to guys like Perkins or Dampier if he played on contending teams. Role players who are on playoff contention teams.

Not sure if he ever made the playoffs, if he did probably just the 1st round.

dough 07-24-2010 04:44 AM

Re: Lorenzen wright missing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47DR91
Those guys you mentioned are superstars. Wright is not.

Wright would be more known in the league similar to guys like Perkins or Dampier if he played on contending teams. Role players who are on playoff contention teams.

Not sure if he ever made the playoffs, if he did probably just the 1st round.

I'm just saying he's part of one of the most famous drafts ever. Maybe it's just me knowing most of the players on each roster.

AK47DR91 07-24-2010 04:48 AM

Re: Lorenzen wright missing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dough
I'm just saying he's part of one of the most famous drafts ever. Maybe it's just me knowing most of the players on each roster.


I don't follow the draft that much.

I'm more of a playoff guy when it comes to the overall league talents and roster.

InspiredLebowski 07-24-2010 04:55 AM

Re: Lorenzen wright missing
 
Online chatter has him owing a good bit of cash to some nefarious sources. Who knows how credible that is.

Either way, you see a 6'11 guy that looks like this;


Tell him to pick up the phone and call his mom.

wally_world 07-24-2010 05:34 AM

Re: Lorenzen wright missing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Online chatter has him owing a good bit of cash to some nefarious sources. Who knows how credible that is.

Either way, you see a 6'11 guy that looks like this;


Tell him to pick up the phone and call his mom.


There, on your dp :lol


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy